Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 8 of 11

Re: Paddy take a leave of absense!
an.jo (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 06:14
Do we know who will be leading the team in Melbourne, that is, on the pit wall calling the strategy, etc.?

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 07:25
Paddy Lowe is a bridge burner.

F1 teams (Sm86) Paddy Lowe

Fair Dinkum Pole (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 07:33
Quote:
an.jo
Do we know who will be leading the team in Melbourne, that is, on the pit wall calling the strategy, etc.?
I think it will be the quickest comeback in F1 so far and we will welcome Rob Smedley back

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 07:34 by Fair Dinkum Pole.

Francesc (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 10:11
Quote:
an.jo

I think Dave Robson is the most qualified.

Jasper777 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 11:15
In all this speculation I've seen numerous posts some quite vitriolic regarding Paddy Lowe. Now I'm not here to defend him or attack him I just find it sad that unless someone HAS inside knowledge of what has actually gone on Inside Williams these past few months all this thread is is just SPECULATION!!!.

Now assuming that the team are telling the truth, "why would they lie", the delay for the first test was due to parts not being ready. Several reasons for that ,Paddy being one of them, but I'm sure there are others equally valid.

Also didn't the team say that Paddy has taken a leave of absence due to personal reasons!

If that is the case it could be just that he has some personal issue, a death in the family, sickness, pending divorce etc etc. All of which may be true or totally way of the mark.

What I'm trying to say is that IMO someone of Paddy's knowledge and experience doesn't start being stupid and useless based on the sparse evidence presented in the media and to be fair on this board also.

Now I know people on this board love Williams and they care about the team but can you hand on heart say that you KNOW what has happened or NOT. I think NOT.

Trust in the team, it wouldn't surprise me if Paddy turns up at Melbourne on the pit wall after his Personal time.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 12:54
Agree Jasper. I have been through all the 'personal reasons' you suggest inside of 6 months and would have been in no fit state to run an F1 team. People are not robots and heaping pressure on when things outside your control are falling apart is not going to end well.

ihme (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 12:57
Quote:
Jasper777
In all this speculation I've seen numerous posts some quite vitriolic regarding Paddy Lowe. Now I'm not here to defend him or attack him I just find it sad that unless someone HAS inside knowledge of what has actually gone on Inside Williams these past few months all this thread is is just SPECULATION!!!.
Now assuming that the team are telling the truth, "why would they lie", the delay for the first test was due to parts not being ready. Several reasons for that ,Paddy being one of them, but I'm sure there are others equally valid.

Also didn't the team say that Paddy has taken a leave of absence due to personal reasons!

If that is the case it could be just that he has some personal issue, a death in the family, sickness, pending divorce etc etc. All of which may be true or totally way of the mark.

What I'm trying to say is that IMO someone of Paddy's knowledge and experience doesn't start being stupid and useless based on the sparse evidence presented in the media and to be fair on this board also.

Now I know people on this board love Williams and they care about the team but can you hand on heart say that you KNOW what has happened or NOT. I think NOT.

Trust in the team, it wouldn't surprise me if Paddy turns up at Melbourne on the pit wall after his Personal time.

But when asked if she was satisfied with Lowe's performance, Claire replied: "I've read a lot of speculation about his position. Right now all I am focused on and the team should be focused on is making sure the car is in the right place."

She didnt deny any of these speculations! Normaly any TP would said something like "dont believe these rumors" or "Paddy is with us almost 3 years already and these are just rumors". All the media are roasting Paddy left, right and centre and she didnt even think about saying something positive about her own Technical Director.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 13:05
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Jasper777

But when asked if she was satisfied with Lowe's performance, Claire replied: "I've read a lot of speculation about his position. Right now all I am focused on and the team should be focused on is making sure the car is in the right place."

She didnt deny any of these speculations! Normaly any TP would said something like "dont believe these rumors" or "Paddy is with us almost 3 years already and these are just rumors". All the media are roasting Paddy left, right and centre and she didnt even think about saying something positive about her own Technical Director.

True ihme.

Jasper777 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 14:15
The one thing I've noticed with Williams over the years is how Intensely private a team they are almost to the point of rudeness.
Now you may well be right in your assumption/ opinion but equally it may be that Claire feels that as it's a personal matter the media can go screw themselves. Especially with the way the press have been Williams bashing these past several years. An US and THEM mentality.

Let's just wait and see come Melbourne, either Paddy will be there or maybe Williams will announce some news.

Regardless of either possibility I hope the team have an upgrade that gives RK and GR a chance to compete.

One thing for certain Williams will get plenty of media coverage.

shriekback (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 17:47
Quote:
Jasper777
Let's just wait and see come Melbourne, either Paddy will be there or maybe Williams will announce some news.

I think one or the other of these occurrences is all but assured.

The only reason I have not really taken the prospect of Paddy's return all that seriously is that so few F1 insiders--people that have worked within F1 and follow this sort of thing in its minutia much more carefully than I--have not taken it seriously, presuming instead that the contracts that people sign when talking on such a position are complex enough that negotiating an exit takes a bit of time.

That does not mean that it is absolutely assured that we're all just in the dark while the lawyers do their work, and if I have added comments to this board that take that for granted, I should not have. If Paddy turns up on the pit wall in Melbourne, however, I think it would be a big surprise to most.

I should add that, upon the assumption that the team has told the plain truth and that something has occurred in Paddy's personal life that demanded he take some time away in order to deal with it, it would have to be something pretty serious. This is just about the worst time imaginable for a team to be without its TD (it would be terrible for any team, but for Williams--struggling to pull itself up from the back of the grid--it's even worse). I think most outside observers presume that case is very unlikely, and if it were actual, that the team would likely give something in the way of explanation to quell what is happening now--everyone assuming Paddy has been axed and that the team is in something of a mess internally. Private or not, I can't see them, or Paddy frankly, acting in such a way to provoke that when it would take so little to avoid it. They are getting a lot of media attention from all this, but almost all of it very negative in character. All questions of fault and responsibility aside, this can't be fun for anyone involved.

With that in mind, I think Paddy in a Williams shirt at Melbourne would be a huge surprise.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 17:59 by shriekback.

Jasper777 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:02
Fair point, I'd be foolish to reject that possibility but on the other hand I love suprises

phatjack (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:49
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Jasper777

The only reason I have not really taken the prospect of Paddy's return all that seriously is that so few F1 insiders--people that have worked within F1 and follow this sort of thing in its minutia much more carefully than I--have not taken it seriously, presuming instead that the contracts that people sign when talking on such a position are complex enough that negotiating an exit takes a bit of time.

That does not mean that it is absolutely assured that we're all just in the dark while the lawyers do their work, and if I have added comments to this board that take that for granted, I should not have. If Paddy turns up on the pit wall in Melbourne, however, I think it would be a big surprise to most.

I should add that, upon the assumption that the team has told the plain truth and that something has occurred in Paddy's personal life that demanded he take some time away in order to deal with it, it would have to be something pretty serious. This is just about the worst time imaginable for a team to be without its TD (it would be terrible for any team, but for Williams--struggling to pull itself up from the back of the grid--it's even worse). I think most outside observers presume that case is very unlikely, and if it were actual, that the team would likely give something in the way of explanation to quell what is happening now--everyone assuming Paddy has been axed and that the team is in something of a mess internally. Private or not, I can't see them, or Paddy frankly, acting in such a way to provoke that when it would take so little to avoid it. They are getting a lot of media attention from all this, but almost all of it very negative in character. All questions of fault and responsibility aside, this can't be fun for anyone involved.

With that in mind, I think Paddy in a Williams shirt at Melbourne would be a huge surprise.

I'm sure the WIlliam's sponsors who paid good money care!

andy si (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 19:52
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Jasper777

And they would be pretty much the only ones directly informed by the team or per their request.

phatjack (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 20:29
Quote:
andy si
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Jasper777

And they would be pretty much the only ones directly informed by the team or per their request.

So they [sponsors] are asking for refund as they were oversold by Lowe and his CV?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 20:39 by phatjack.

dot_com (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 22:37
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
andy si
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Jasper777

So they [sponsors] are asking for refund as they were oversold by Lowe and his CV?

Seriously, I do wonder what the 2019 sponsors are thinking right now. I’m sure that the idea of Paddy Lowe building the new car was a big influence on their decision to put their money on the table. Here we are a few weeks later, the car was late for testing, slowest of all, and the TD just “left”. No company wants to be associated with that kind of failure, and I’m sure that they have clauses to get out of their contracts if certain expectations are not met. My hope right now is that we don’t start losing sponsors over all this.

Vancha (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 22:47
Paddy is alive.

[twitter.com]

Again he likes tweets of his russian wife.

btw. Maslenitsa is a day for forgiveness

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
10 March, 2019 22:49
Oh.

IanSmithISA (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 05:04
Good morning,

I get the point about who cares about the press, they can write what they want.

WGF1 is a publically traded company on the Frankfurt Open Market, the Open Market is a very lightly regulated market mostly for foreign companies so there may be few obligations in this area. I believe that it was chosen for that reason.

If Paddy Lowe (who is a WGF1 director) is genuinely off for personal reasons then it would be normal for a company listed on a major exchange to issue a clarication to the press reports that he is about to leave.

I find it interesting that this has not been done and wonder what it says about how the group views its shareholders. Most WGF1 shareholder are reported as being involved with the business or retail investors rather than instituions.

The obvious interpration would be that they don't care, it was a way to allow Patrick Head to get out and that's all and the group still regards itself as a private family business.

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2019 05:09 by IanSmithISA.

shriekback (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 07:59
Quote:
Jasper777
Fair point, I'd be foolish to reject that possibility but on the other hand I love suprises

I didn't suggest that I thought it would be a bad surprise, just a surprise (and I like them too, for what it's worth).

Frankly, though, it would be a lot more than that, which is why the media has confidently concluded that he is out. Under the circumstances, even the most stubbornly private team would offer some minimal assurances that he was not out permanently if he wasn't. Claire's deafening silence since the announcement, I think, is entirely definitive; the brief and markedly unsuccessful second run of Paddy Lowe at Williams is over.

shriekback (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:06
Quote:
Vancha
Paddy is alive.
[twitter.com]

Again he likes tweets of his russian wife.

btw. Maslenitsa is a day for forgiveness

This appears not to be a tweet from Paddy himself, but from his wife.

It does still seem wholly inconsistent with any idea that Paddy is going through the kind of crisis that would justify him taking a temporary leave just days prior to the first race of the season, especially when the car requires design changes in order to conform to design regulations. If he was really facing some kind of serious emergency in his private life, you'd think his wife would be rather preoccupied with it as well, wouldn't you?

Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net