Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 9 of 11

Re: Paddy take a leave of absense!
Jasper777 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:29
Looks like my optimistic streak hit a brick wall 💥. The information from various sources would seem to suggest that I am in the minority.

Oh well won't be the first time nor the last either.

The question now is . Is the car fundamentally sound and a good base for developing. If so then the program of upgrades initiated by Paddy should serve Williams well.

If not and that is the reason Paddy is no longer with the team then like a few others on here I am genuinely concerned for the teams future.

I know what's been written about the teams finances but how many more knocks can the team take and still bounce back.

Vancha (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:33
Paddy Lowe is not active in Twitter. He mostly likes his wife's tweets. One of his latest tweets is from mid-December at night with poker cards and a glass of.. Paddy.

The car was late, Paddy looked distant.

One more Paddy? Or 2?

btw. Williams did not officially confirm Paddy's departure. So for now it's just a media rumor.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 08:44
Quote:
Jasper777
Looks like my optimistic streak hit a brick wall 💥. The information from various sources would seem to suggest that I am in the minority.
Oh well won't be the first time nor the last either.

The question now is . Is the car fundamentally sound and a good base for developing. If so then the program of upgrades initiated by Paddy should serve Williams well.

If not and that is the reason Paddy is no longer with the team then like a few others on here I am genuinely concerned for the teams future.

I know what's been written about the teams finances but how many more knocks can the team take and still bounce back.

If the car is smooth to drive, kind to tyres but ultimately twitchy in qualifying due to lack of grip and downforce, you can work with it. If the car is losing downforce mid corner and creating too much drag, meaning the driver can't lean on it the same way every lap, then it's basically another fw41. Nowhere to hide in Aus. This time Friday when we know what the situation is after practice after a few on boards. Really looking forward to the gp and in particular post race information about whether the following is easier as this is a notoriously boring track because of how difficult it is to follow

Jasper777 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 11:17
Let's hope for the former rather than the latter.

I hope and pray that Robert and George can trust the car and push all GP. I too am really looking forward to Australia, part of me hopes that the changes improve the ability of one car to follow another. The cynic in me fears that it will be business as usual and a procession from green light to flag.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 11:19
Yes Mike so many things will get answered. I wonder who is gong to be in overall charge of the team in terms of the day to day processes in the Williams garage. Will it fall more on the shoulders of each drivers engineer.

I just hope that team ignores the no doubt huge pressures to perform this weekend. I suppose it will just become a test session. No doubt we will see photos of how the team has changed the mirrors and removing the lower extra front suspension element.

EagleF1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 12:02
If Paddy has gone then I'd like to see Pat Symonds back in the role. Calm, intelligent, experienced head with an understanding of the team. But they treated him like @#$%& as well so probably wouldn't even take it.

Gunk (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 17:10
Quote:
EagleF1
But they treated him like @#$%& as well so probably wouldn't even take it.

We don't know that for a fact. He got a glowing 'thank you for your contribution' notice from Claire. Whether this counts for anything who knows, but Ed Wood also left 'for personal reasons' and De Beer just left 'with immediate effect'.

Stroll Senior had a lot to do with firing Pat and Massa . . . and then they had to ask Massa to come back.

Maybe McKiernan will do the heavy lifting for the time being?

shriekback (IP Logged)
11 March, 2019 23:38
Quote:
Gunk
Stroll Senior had a lot to do with firing Pat and Massa . . . and then they had to ask Massa to come back.

This is interesting to know. Perhaps now with Stroll having moved on, Pat then might consider a return to the team if his doing so was appealing to the team. If he didn't leave voluntarily, then he must have found the job to be not too odious.

Besides, who wouldn't--at least with his background and abilities--rather oversee the design of an F1 car than dream up regulations for them. I am sure the latter has its satisfactions too, but it can't seem like a complete or adequate substitute for the former.

Pat's greatest successes are perhaps not as recent as Paddy's, but he has certainly had his share of successes and a good bit more of it more recently with Williams too.

Personally, I'd be delighted with his return, though I have no way of knowing whether that is at all likely or not. It has to have been at least considered by Claire, et. al, I'd think.

Fair Dinkum Pole (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 02:07
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Gunk

This is interesting to know. Perhaps now with Stroll having moved on, Pat then might consider a return to the team if his doing so was appealing to the team. If he didn't leave voluntarily, then he must have found the job to be not too odious.

Besides, who wouldn't--at least with his background and abilities--rather oversee the design of an F1 car than dream up regulations for them. I am sure the latter has its satisfactions too, but it can't seem like a complete or adequate substitute for the former.

Pat's greatest successes are perhaps not as recent as Paddy's, but he has certainly had his share of successes and a good bit more of it more recently with Williams too.

Personally, I'd be delighted with his return, though I have no way of knowing whether that is at all likely or not. It has to have been at least considered by Claire, et. al, I'd think.
As I have mention yesterday (in my first post on this great Williams Supporters forum)
that soon quote:

(I think it will be The quickest comeback in F1 so far and we will welcome Rob Smedley back )
un quote:

Just wonder if and how Rob Smedley will fit in to all this messy situation?
( not necessary as TD but maybe ? )
After Rob left hi could not join another F1 team because he left Williams only 3 months ago or so.
I believe that there is some period of time before you can join another rival F1 team

After all hi is very knowledgeable with all aspects of F1,
being there long enough and know how thinks work in different teams
also hi was very strong believer in reorganisation and positive changes at Williams

speculation : I think this was the reason he accepted the Formula 1 official side as an expert technical consultant because hi will miss F1 paddock, all the F1 buzz feeling etc.

I also believe he didn’t enjoy working at Williams in the past year or so
but some personal changes in the team and some other circumstances will / could change his mind to come back to Williams
If there is none of bad blood feelings, hostility between people in factory and Rob and of course no misunderstanding (and all above) between him and management …..
I cannot see any reason he will not be able to come back at anytime soon to Williams

12 March, 2019 02:16
Yes I agree it would be great if the team could get Pat back as he really has done a good job in the various teams that he has worked with. But all comes down to how much the situation at Williams will turn people way. But even if he did there would still be another period of him getting back up to speed in terms of his impact on the 2020 design let alone the 2019 car.

Vancha (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 08:40
Pat, Patrick.. are old men. Newey too. I think they have chosen a more relaxed job.

Now it is time for James Key generation.

Is there any young, innovative talent? Like Paddy 30 years ago..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 08:41 by Vancha.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 08:53
Quote:
Vancha
Pat, Patrick.. are old men. Newey too. I think they have chosen a more relaxed job.

I think Williams should try and get Tiera Fletcher to replace Paddy.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 08:56
Tiera Fletcher is a must for Williams, please Williams sign Tiera Fletcher ASAP.

12 March, 2019 12:10
Is that the engineer Tiera Fletcher.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 15:03
Quote:
Vancha

Well, once we did hire young and innovative talents. But they were scolded by the senior staff quite easily and didn't receive any credit or protection.
Anyone remembers Antonia Terzi? To name an example. Her "walrus nose" has been proven to be the way to go once the carbon fiber techniques allowed for lighter construction. Newey went bezerk on maximizing airflow under the keel during the successful Red Bull days. Something the Terzi design was intended to do all along.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Vancha (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 16:23
She came from Ferrari like de Beer.

High hopes

George Orwell (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 00:55
by skwdenyer » 12 Mar 2019, 23:37

"There's a moderately well-sourced rumour around that Paddy is seeking a substantial payout, which if true would suggest that he was pushed rather than walking."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2019 00:57 by George Orwell.

K1 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 01:33
Reading some of these comments it would be fair to say that until the entire episode is fully explained, no one can purport to know what lead to the fiasco. To blame it all on a late delivery is overly simplistic. An organisation like Williams would have advanced CPA [critical path analysis] firmly nailed on to their DNA.

I would be reasonably sure that the background to this sad turn of events runs deep. Will we ever get to know what happened? Is there a smoking gun? I very much doubt it, based simply on events of the past.To lose ones TD literally days before the start of a new season can hardly be any more dramatic!!!

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 07:32
AHH Antonia Terzi 😊😊

GroveF1 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 07:36
The young engineers who got scolded by Williams were done so by staff no longer there being honest - like Patrick Head. As much as temporary to see him bs k to steady the ship.

Pat Symonds I THINK has taken up a roll with Ross Brawn

Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net