Who should step down?

Frank Williams
Claire Williams
Paddy Lowe

You must be logged in to vote.

22 Votes

Show results

Peter Windsor
"If Paddy Lowe is out at Williams then that's a great shame. He is not the source of the problems there."

Re: Poll: Who should step down?
Williams-123 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 01:04
I voted for Claire I have always said she is in way over her head, she has killed the Williams team.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 01:37
Bollox Whitey, Frank has killed the thing he made.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 01:47
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Yeah you could be right Ozzy...Frank created this monster and now maybe he has killed it...(Sm17)

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 02:02
No offence guys but what rubbish.

George Orwell (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 02:07
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
No offence guys but what rubbish.

Time will tell!

shriekback (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 02:14
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

So, Ozzy, you started a poll with several options and then when anyone picks a "wrong" option, you assail them for their foolishness?

Can you not see the absurdity of that?

For my part, asking people to share their "opinions" concerning a matter about which they cannot possibly have adequate information to even form a proper opinion is silly to begin with. That is what I believe Mr. Orwell was indicating by calling it rubbish and passage of time will not change that.

Oops, I need to read more carefully--You didn;t start the poll, Ozzy, that was Mr. Orwell. Also, it was Andrew Hooper that called it rubbish.

Anyway, I still think it's a silly exercise. Apologies, however, for my sloppy reading and mistaken claims.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2019 02:19 by shriekback.

George Orwell (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 02:32
Let's remember!

Quote:
ihme
Quote:
AlanJones
Mike O'Driscoll seems to have given some information on the Paddy front. Giving him the boot seems to be a serious option after all according to a friend of mine at a F1 news site who have seemingly spoken with Mike.
Cant verify the truth tho..

From reddit:

"GPToday.net posted the following rumours in their chat today. I tried to translate them for you, but posted the original dutch chat messages from their official account on their chat."

ó

Paddy Lowe hasnít been to the factory in days. We was there last week for about an hour to pick up some paperwork after that he left saying that everything will be alright and that he was going to Barcelona.

However he isnít here but heís actually at home.

ó

We canít publish the inside story yet, but we will at some point. Loweís side of the story is pretty shady.

ó

We canít publish for legal reason because it could cause us and Williams legal problems.

ó

Williams wanted to fire Lowe in the 2018 summer break. They had an oral agreement with James Key but he decided to go to McLaren instead.

ó

He (Paddy) didnít realise it until recently that he was going to be fired. Dieter (Rencken?) has had a conversation with him recently, and he knows him quite well, and he (Paddy) truly didnít realise that Williams wanted to get rid of him.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 11:52
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

So, Ozzy, you started a poll with several options and then when anyone picks a "wrong" option, you assail them for their foolishness?

For my part, asking people to share their "opinions" concerning a matter about which they cannot possibly have adequate information to even form a proper opinion is silly to begin with. That is what I believe Mr. Orwell was indicating by calling it rubbish and passage of time will not change that.

Oops, I need to read more carefully--You didn;t start the poll, Ozzy, that was Mr. Orwell. Also, it was Andrew Hooper that called it rubbish.

Anyway, I still think it's a silly exercise. Apologies, however, for my sloppy reading and mistaken claims.

No probs my friend. Whitey and I go back a while. It's all good natured fun.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 12:03
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down(Sm128)

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 12:05
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Its amazing I reckon we go back about 14 years...unbelievable.

phatjack (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 12:07
Yeah, I remember that time you helped Ozzy with his farm chickens. It seem like the most fun you had in a while.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 13:13
Yeah, I remember that. What a complete plucker.

Say this really fast.

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's son and I'm always plucking pheasants 'till the pheasant pluckings' done.

Gunk (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 14:10
Quote:
Williams-123
Its amazing I reckon we go back about 14 years...unbelievable.

Sure. Hard to believe. And you're still only 14.

Anderis (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 14:47
TBH, I feel like the team could benefit from all 3 stepping down. I have no idea, of course but I feel like we need to start building new management structure from scratch.

Stu69 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 19:39
sell the whole thing to Porsche or VW what ever or BMW or Toyota or Geeley or private equity or anyone with a few quid to waste! (I mean invest!) only when it is either owned by a bottomless pile of cash or a demanding financial instrument will it do any good. The days of find a little budget and go racing are over for good! RIP Williams F1! Frank you where awesome but stayed too long. I will support you to the end but really donít expect anything.

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 20:42
Before you vote, read the article by Peter Windsor. Very interesting and possibly the best article Iíve read about the team recently.

speed (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 20:47
link??

Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 21:18
Not sure how to do it. But here goes
[www.omologatowatches.com]

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
07 March, 2019 21:22

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net