Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Re: Australia Friday Practice
Williams-123 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 10:58
What I find truly amazing is that this is the legendary Williams Formula 1 team we are talking about here and they seem no better these days than what Minardi, HRT and Caterham were.

What the hell, first the FW41 and now the FW42, comparing Williams with Minardi, HRT and Caterham, what the hell (Sm56)

Francesc (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:13
No improvement from last until mid-season....

No wonder Lowe has been fired.

Anderis (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:32
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Anderis
I'm afraid we might be looking at the worst F1 car of the XXI century relative to the resources the team which designed it had.
Or maybe it's just Melbourne and on other circuits the gap to the rest of the grid will be less embarassing.

Oh please don't be so melodramatic. At the core, the car is better than last years. Williams had to catch up 1.5 years of development due to last years farce. They did and now it's just a matter of continuing this path and develop the car. It's better to drive and it is quicker than last years car. The team already said that Australia and Bahrain would be some sort of a test. So spit your negativity somewhere else if you can't say anything else than just negativity.
Wow, I'm amazed by your response.

Boards like these are created so that people can share their opinions. Both positive and negative.
If the current situation doesn't justify being negative, then what else does?

We're not during winter testing anymore. The fact that the team said that Australia and Bahrain would be some sort of a test doesn't make these races count for less for some reason. Other teams won't be awarded fewer points for those races just because Williams aren't ready to race at maximum capacity. The season starts in Australia and not somewhere in May or so.
It doesn't look like the situation has been caused by something outside of Williams' control.
There's no clear evidence that the car is quicker than last year's car. The FP times from Melbourne are significantly worse. And at the moment there are some strong clues we might be even worse in relation to the midfield than we were last year. It might be just a confirmation bias if you chose to believe otherwise. I might have some confirmation bias too but what would need to happen before you admit that what Williams have done is such a poor showing? I'll admit that it's not as bad when Williams outqualifies and outraces at least one other team more often than not. We could fight McLaren on many circuits in 2nd half of last season so to say we're expected to be where we are because we are starting from last year's car disaster is not right.
I did not expect the team to be back to let's say 2014 form after last year's disaster. But surely anyone would expect, after underperforming so much last year, the only direction Williams' form trend should follow now is upwards. It's easier to improve from a bad car than from a decent car. But as for now there are some strong clues we might have not improved at all, which would be embarassing.
And I just read on Polish F1 website that Kubica had admitted the car had been difficult to drive.
And Williams was one of the first, if not the first team to focus its resources on 2019 car, so being the only team to have such troubles right now and treating first races of the season like testing in this context rather adds to negativity than serves as a reason to be less negative. The team has not presented any good reason to justify this and ensure this is only a temporary state and that a huge improvement is imminent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2019 11:35 by Anderis.

WilliamsF1Portugal (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:35
I have no words, this is embarrassing, I just want to cry.

Gwanni (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:39
Quote:
WilliamsF1Portugal

It hurts so much!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:40
Oh Jesus. I have supported Paddy up until now but this is ridiculous. The 42 looks like another dog. Unreal. 4 seconds off!

I can see this being the end of the team. We can't keep good staff and we can't build a good car. This is terrible.

AlanJones (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:45
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Anderis
I'm afraid we might be looking at the worst F1 car of the XXI century relative to the resources the team which designed it had.
Or maybe it's just Melbourne and on other circuits the gap to the rest of the grid will be less embarassing.

Oh please don't be so melodramatic. At the core, the car is better than last years. Williams had to catch up 1.5 years of development due to last years farce. They did and now it's just a matter of continuing this path and develop the car. It's better to drive and it is quicker than last years car. The team already said that Australia and Bahrain would be some sort of a test. So spit your negativity somewhere else if you can't say anything else than just negativity.

Boards like these are created so that people can share their opinions. Both positive and negative.

We're not during winter testing anymore. The fact that the team said that Australia and Bahrain would be some sort of a test doesn't make these races count for less for some reason. Other teams won't be awarded fewer points for those races just because Williams aren't ready to race at maximum capacity. The season starts in Australia and not somewhere in May or so.
It doesn't look like the situation has been caused by something outside of Williams' control.
There's no clear evidence that the car is quicker than last year's car. The FP times from Melbourne are significantly worse. And at the moment there are some strong clues we might be even worse in relation to the midfield than we were last year. It might be just a confirmation bias if you chose to believe otherwise. I might have some confirmation bias too but what would need to happen before you admit that what Williams have done is such a poor showing? I'll admit that it's not as bad when Williams outqualifies and outraces at least one other team more often than not. We could fight McLaren on many circuits in 2nd half of last season so to say we're expected to be where we are because we are starting from last year's car disaster is not right.
I did not expect the team to be back to let's say 2014 form after last year's disaster. But surely anyone would expect, after underperforming so much last year, the only direction Williams' form trend should follow now is upwards. It's easier to improve from a bad car than from a decent car. But as for now there are some strong clues we might have not improved at all, which would be embarassing.
And I just read on Polish F1 website that Kubica had admitted the car had been difficult to drive.
And Williams was one of the first, if not the first team to focus its resources on 2019 car, so being the only team to have such troubles right now and treating first races of the season like testing in this context rather adds to negativity than serves as a reason to be less negative. The team has not presented any good reason to justify this and ensure this is only a temporary state and that a huge improvement is imminent.

Just go out and cry already.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

WilliamsF1Portugal (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:48
Quote:
Gwanni
Quote:
WilliamsF1Portugal

It hurts so much!

It really does, I love this team, seeing us in this situation completely destroys me, Im not even enjoying the fact that its Friday.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:52
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Oh Jesus. I have supported Paddy up until now but this is ridiculous. The 42 looks like another dog. Unreal. 4 seconds off!
I can see this being the end of the team. We can't keep good staff and we can't build a good car. This is terrible.

Ozzy please go and carefully read through my posts in the Sad & Worrying looks! thread

I hate to say to everyone here I told you so....But I told you so (Sm17)

Anderis (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:58
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Anderis

Just go out and cry already.
Why did I expect that you wouldn't leave my post without a response that wouldn't address any points I made? If you're not interested in discussing, why even bother to reply?
https://static.thenounproject.com/png/1273056-200.png

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 11:59
So you told us all .....

Fair Dinkum Pole (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 12:02
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Anderis

plus 10

15 March, 2019 12:06
Quote:
phatjack
1 sec slower compared to FP2 last year in Melbourne.
go and blink your self

15 March, 2019 12:09
Quote:
phatjack
At this rate will they even be within the 107% rule.
who are you!!!! are you for real???

ihme (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 12:10
An onboard from fp2. Notice how many kerbs are not being ridden and how much time is lost because of it. It's insane.

[youtu.be]

Francesc (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 12:23
Quote:
WilliamsF1Portugal
Quote:
Gwanni
Quote:
WilliamsF1Portugal

It hurts so much!

It really does, I love this team, seeing us in this situation completely destroys me, Im not even enjoying the fact that its Friday.

Me neither. For me it feels kinda like a Monday. I'm a bit depressed seeing Williams like this.

15 March, 2019 12:26
1)well its almost midnight
2)I'm drunk
3)Raikkonen have no idea what good wodka taste like
4)I hope we all have a better time tomorrow
good night and good morning

ihme (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 13:49

j-s (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 13:57
Embarrassing.

No Parts and damage and a slow car. Simply inexcusable. Amateurs.

Gunk (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 14:17
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Unacceptable, certainly. It's hard to see a way forward.

It's hard to say how much can be laid at Paddy's door and how much is the culmination of historical issues. But the problems seem to run through all departments.

Personally, for next season, I'd be tempted to buy in suspension and drivetrain from Merc and a tub from Dallara. And I'd set up a Formula E team with the people left over.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net