Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Re: Australia Friday Practice
phatjack (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 20:42
Quote:
ihme
Our onboards are a greek tragedy. We are making multiple corrections to ever make a simple corner. Other teams are like on rails compared to us. Unbelievable.

Maybe you were looking at a different on board but the one I saw, suggested it was more than that.

The car just didn't sound quite right.

ihme (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 21:05
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
ihme
Our onboards are a greek tragedy. We are making multiple corrections to ever make a simple corner. Other teams are like on rails compared to us. Unbelievable.

Maybe you were looking at a different on board but the one I saw, suggested it was more than that.

The car just didn't sound quite right.

If you are talking about the youtube onboard from fp2 then that sound capture from F1tv was really bad. I was watching the onboards from RUS and KUB on the f1tv and it sounded fine. The car had very poor grip and it was especially noticeable during their quick runs.
I got a feeling that these cars are always being run in some compromised state.

j-s (IP Logged)
15 March, 2019 21:12
WILLIAMS.

WE. ARE. COMPROMISED.

shriekback (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 00:13
Quote:
ihme
I got a feeling that these cars are always being run in some compromised state.

I get that feeling too. That provides some basis for hope, however, because one would expect that can be resolved in time.

From what I understand, the fact that the team was behind in producing the basic car meant they much of the time that would have been spent manufacturing spare parts has instead gone into just getting the basic car built. The need to play catch-up caused by that initial delay (the need to make changes to ensure that the car was within regulations wouldn't have exactly helped either) will likely compromise where the team is performance-wise for a while yet. Hopefully, through extra hard work, they will catch up to where they would have been without those delays sooner than later, but I think we're all going to have to be patient.

If the car is being run in a compromised state, then perhaps overcoming that will mean some significant gains in performance are not that far away. If they are, for example, having to avoid hitting curbs for fear of damaging parts that they cannot right now replace, that is probably worth some real lap-time all by itself. Eliminate a few more compromises of that sort and Williams might not be that far off the back of the field in terms of underlying pace after all.

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 01:58
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
So you told us all .....

Yep (Sm154)

Williams-123 (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 02:03
You might not like to guys but you really have to give me credit because going back 3 months ago I was sounding very negative about where Williams would be on the grid....credit where credit is due..............Thankyou (Sm129)

dot_com (IP Logged)
16 March, 2019 02:09
Quote:
Williams-123
You might not like to guys but you really have to give me credit because going back 3 months ago I was sounding very negative about where Williams would be on the grid....credit where credit is due..............Thankyou (Sm129)

You win. Well done.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net