f1
Latest News:

2019 Monaco Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Spanish Two day In Season Test
Gwanni (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 11:59
here today, Lafiti last in terms of time but been productive with 60 laps under his belt

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 12:01
Anything visable changed?

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Gwanni (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 13:01
[www.gptoday.net]

updates from here

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Williams-123 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 13:08
Quote:
Gwanni
https://www.gptoday.net/en/live/f1/247518/live-updates-follow-the-first-day-of-the-2019-in-season-test-in-spain
updates from here

Thanks for the link.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 14:12
Whitney. Please stop. You are pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable with your kubica comments. Your coming across very badly. Your better than that. 😁

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 15:49
Whilst I haven't seen any photos of the car yet, I imagine the test parts they have will likely not be large physical things. I read somewhere that they had some rapid prototype parts on the car on Friday but never saw any pictures. We wont see anything new in Monaco in my opinion

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 16:07

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
dot_com (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 16:15
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Whitney. Please stop. You are pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable with your kubica comments. Your coming across very badly. Your better than that. 😁

+1. No need for that here.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
tomazy (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 18:44
Dave Robson, Senior Race Engineer: Picking up where he left off in Bahrain, and following some more very strong results in F2, Nicholas drove extremely well all day today. This allowed us to complete almost all the tests that we had planned. Over 134 laps, we completed a series of test programmes as we evaluated some new components and began some preparation for Monaco. Today we used mostly the C2 tyre compound, which was the Option tyre at the race weekend. Tomorrow we will use a more varied range of tyre compounds as we continue our test programme and complete Nicholas’s preparations ahead of his upcoming FP1 outings in Canada and France.

Nicholas Latifi: It was a productive day and we completed the greatest number of laps. The sessions ran smoothly, and we were able to get through our programme, despite the few red flag interruptions. Days like these are important for me to ensure that I am comfortable in the FW42 and understand what it is capable of ahead of my upcoming FP1 outings. I look forward to getting back in the car tomorrow for further testing in Barcelona.

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-082204-51.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-084806-36.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-084951-28.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-104734-28.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-104757-26.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-141949-3.jpg

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
j-s (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 20:59
Latifi 5 seconds off of Bottas. That means that Bottas would be about 400m or so ahead when Latifi crosses the line.

Whoever Callum Illot is in that Alfa Romeo, who came next-to-last... he'd be about 70m in front of Latifi.

Talk about demoralizing. Driving the FW42 must be painful... After a few laps you don't even see them ahead of you on track!

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 21:36
Quote:
tomazy
Dave Robson, Senior Race Engineer: Picking up where he left off in Bahrain, and following some more very strong results in F2, Nicholas drove extremely well all day today. This allowed us to complete almost all the tests that we had planned. Over 134 laps, we completed a series of test programmes as we evaluated some new components and began some preparation for Monaco. Today we used mostly the C2 tyre compound, which was the Option tyre at the race weekend. Tomorrow we will use a more varied range of tyre compounds as we continue our test programme and complete Nicholas’s preparations ahead of his upcoming FP1 outings in Canada and France.
Nicholas Latifi: It was a productive day and we completed the greatest number of laps. The sessions ran smoothly, and we were able to get through our programme, despite the few red flag interruptions. Days like these are important for me to ensure that I am comfortable in the FW42 and understand what it is capable of ahead of my upcoming FP1 outings. I look forward to getting back in the car tomorrow for further testing in Barcelona.

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-082204-51.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-084806-36.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-084951-28.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-104734-28.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-104757-26.jpg

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/racefansdotnet-20190514-141949-3.jpg

They have that cool wing that's never been raced.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
dot_com (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 21:58
Quote:
j-s
Latifi 5 seconds off of Bottas. That means that Bottas would be about 400m or so ahead when Latifi crosses the line.
Whoever Callum Illot is in that Alfa Romeo, who came next-to-last... he'd be about 70m in front of Latifi.

Talk about demoralizing. Driving the FW42 must be painful... After a few laps you don't even see them ahead of you on track!

Weren’t we lapped after about 15 laps in Barcelona? Sad times.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Mehryar (IP Logged)
14 May, 2019 23:30
With the two-day in-season test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya concluding on Wednesday, Russell confirmed Williams would run a number of experimental items as part of long-term planning for car development rather than instant performance gains.

“No, there are no massive upgrades, just bringing some test updates to the car and focusing on the last half of the year.”



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
j-s (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 00:48
Quote:
Mehryar
With the two-day in-season test at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya concluding on Wednesday, Russell confirmed Williams would run a number of experimental items as part of long-term planning for car development rather than instant performance gains.
“No, there are no massive upgrades, just bringing some test updates to the car and focusing on the last half of the year.”

That's actually good news to me. Scrap the FW42 as a performance item. The only reasonable use this POS has is as a test bed for next year. And not a very good one either, but at least the team isn't wasting money on reviving this car at the expense of next year (or the year after that, at this rate...).

I wonder what those experimental items are... Maybe some new gear that helps them measure what's wrong with the car. Pictures show a beam from the tip of the beam wing in front of the sidepod to somewhere in the bargeboard area. Hadn't seen it before. Maybe the car is bending. Maybe the flow through there is messed up. Maybe its maybelline. Who knows. I wonder if Williams do.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 04:41
So little information which I suppose is to be expected. But why all the comments about using the test day in preparations for races where Latifi will be running in FP1. If they don't develop the car we all know where he will be and that is last in the times.

Yes I am starting to join the view that the FW42 is not a car that can be developed such are the flaws and that 2019 is just one big test session.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Mikef1 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 07:09
Scrapping the fw42 doesn't make too much sense. The regulations are stable so to make next year work they have to come to terms with their issues. Finding performance on this years car is crucial for next year

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
AlanJones (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 07:18
Quote:
Mikef1
Scrapping the fw42 doesn't make too much sense. The regulations are stable so to make next year work they have to come to terms with their issues. Finding performance on this years car is crucial for next year

This.. Just this..




http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
GPL (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 11:09
The kid seems to be doing a good job so far.
This morning he has bettered Roberts time already.

i think he is about .5 off George???

What ever the track conditions it is still a good time and i doubt
he is running on fumes.

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Gwanni (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 11:54
you will never know but it looks a decent time!

 
Re: Spanish Two day In Season Test
Gwanni (IP Logged)
15 May, 2019 12:43
Kevin Magnussen has set the fastest time during the morning session of the second in-season test day in Barcelona. The Haas F1 driver drove a 1:18.101 and was slightly faster than Antonio Fuoco and Alexander Albon.

The morning session of the first test day went without any significant problems, but that was not the case in the morning session of day 2.

The first three hours the teams and drivers came through without any problems, but that changed afterwards. Within an hour the red flag was waved three times. The first time Daniel Ticktum was the culprit, then Nicholas Latifi and finally Nikita Mazepin made a contribution too.

At the top of the list of times nobody could match the lap of Magnussen. The driver of Haas F1 was at the top of the list for almost the entire session and finally drove a 1:18.101.

This made him a little less than tenth faster than Fuoco and one and a half tenth faster than Albon, who climbed to third position in the last hour. The Toro Rosso driver put Kimi Raikkonen out of the top 3.

Charles Leclerc worked for Pirelli today and finished in fifth place, for the fastest Formula 2 driver of the morning: that was Latifi.

The Williams driver drove a 1:18.915, a time that was faster than regular drivers George Russell and Robert Kubica were in qualifying. Mazepin and Jack Aitken completed the Formula 2 trio in positions 7 and 8.

Despite his spin in the final phase of the session, Mazepin was the most productive driver of the morning session with 82 laps. He covered nine laps more than Leclerc, who collected a lot of valuable data for Pirelli. With 60 laps, Antonio Fuoco was also productive for Ferrari.

[www.gptoday.net]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?