Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Monaco next
CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2019 15:59
So what do people think.... ?

Will this be Kubicas worst circuit and show up any weakness?

Will this be the one track where Russell may be able to hustle the Williams off the back of the grid in Qualifying?

Or will we be seriously off the pace with no downforce or traction out of the tight slow corners?

Re: Monaco next
tomazy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2019 16:27
The worst sector for us in Barcelona vas S3, witch is all abouth downforce and mechanical grip just like Monaco is, so I am bracing for the hardest weekend for Williams so fas this seson. But hoping that they found something in testing to cope with this a little better and that I am wrong.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
18 May, 2019 18:28
Though s3 of Barcelona can be representative for Monaco performance, it's not a certainty as it has happened before.

Still it doesn't change much, the team has declared it's the second half of the season that we can "hope" for fighting with other cars (which I doubt) so we need a crazy race to score anything, no matter if it's a low df or high df tracj.

Regarding drivers, Monaco used to be one of the best places for Robert to show his skills but that was a long time ago.With his current physical limitations it would be a nightmare for him imho.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

rpaloschi (IP Logged)
18 May, 2019 19:47
We will probably be fighting against the 107% rule only, sadly...

dot_com (IP Logged)
19 May, 2019 01:42
I’m trying to remain optimistic. We didn’t look too bad in the Barcelona test with Latifi behind the wheel, so maybe we have made a little progress. Perhaps figured out some of the cars problems, or added some minor upgrades. Here’s hoping! I do see this as a track that will really show up any physical limitations that Kubica may have, though. :-(

erratic (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 17:58
One of the great joys of modern formula 1 was seeing Mark Webber charging round Monaco in Williams, in a year when the car was really underperforming. Something just clicked in that race for car and driver and boy was it exciting. Fingers crossed for our George to do a repeat.

Nuvolari (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 21:04
Quote:
erratic
One of the great joys of modern formula 1 was seeing Mark Webber charging round Monaco in Williams, in a year when the car was really underperforming. Something just clicked in that race for car and driver and boy was it exciting. Fingers crossed for our George to do a repeat.

Oh yes, I remember that very well. It was the first year without BMW. I think he was 2nd until the Cosworth-engine gave up if I remember correctly. I was so dissaponted...

Also the following years, Williams was always pretty strong at Monaco. Especially the mechanical grip was excellent during the Sam Michael days.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 23:25
2006 season is not comparable to this year by any means.

Our car had a great start to the season, it was good enough for top10 qualifying and being in top10 in races on occasions that the engine was not failing.

The problems started as the team failed to develop the aero during the second half and also Cosworth left without enough resources to compete with other engine suppliers.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Gunk (IP Logged)
20 May, 2019 23:34
Quote:
Mehryar

Regarding drivers, Monaco used to be one of the best places for Robert to show his skills but that was a long time ago.With his current physical limitations it would be a nightmare for him imho.

I still think it has more to do with him being away just too long. Gio is really struggling to pick up where he left off.

We've talked about Schu, but remember how long it took Villeneuve to get back up to speed.

The only good comeback I can think of is Kimi at Lotus, after his 2 year payoff and layoff.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2019 18:41
Any pictures of the team and cars in Monaco yet?

tomazy (IP Logged)
22 May, 2019 21:45
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl/2y3apke6/s8/williams-fw42-exhaust-1.jpg

Stuart L (IP Logged)
22 May, 2019 22:34
[id say Prost made a great comeback in 1983 after missing a year. Lauda ditto in 1982. So its possible. But I think kubica is not 109% of what he was. Way stronger and fitter than us mere mortals but 2 to 3% off his best.

quote Gunk][quote Mehryar]

Regarding drivers, Monaco used to be one of the best places for Robert to show his skills but that was a long time ago.With his current physical limitations it would be a nightmare for him imho.[/quote]

I still think it has more to do with him being away just too long. Gio is really struggling to pick up where he left off.

We've talked about Schu, but remember how long it took Villeneuve to get back up to speed.

The only good comeback I can think of is Kimi at Lotus, after his 2 year payoff and layoff.[/quote]

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
23 May, 2019 02:49
I don't think a lot will change for either driver. Been a high downforce circuit it is not going to be easy as this is where the FW42 is lacking. But having said that this is the one race that over time has produced some interesting results and if the weather plays a part maybe we could see a surprise result.

j-s (IP Logged)
23 May, 2019 05:21
Monaco is either mind numbingly boring or, sometimes, an interesting race. From what we've seen so far this year I think it'll be the former.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net