Niki Lauder
boro1986willliamsf1 21 May, 2019 05:58
Has died at the age of 70 r.i.p

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Re: Niki Lauda
SehnKhan 21 May, 2019 06:35
Very sad to see this news today.
Farewell Niki Lauda. Such a strong personality will be missed but his legacy will live on in the pages of history for all to remember.

Re: Niki Lauder
Stuart L 21 May, 2019 07:20
Im very sad to hear this news this morning.

It was 1984 to 86 when I fell in love with the sport largely inspired by the colours of the red and white Marlboro Mclarens driven by Niki and Prost in 84-85.

His autobiography to Hell and Back was amazing. Im going to have to read it again.

He was a tough do and do, he fought John Barnard to Endure the TAG engine was tested during 1983 because he wanted reliability fir 1984.

He built airlines that challenged the status quo. His direct opinion was just what we need in the current pc world.

In many ways he lived the greatest eras of the sport.

I will very sadly miss a true great. Too soon to pass Niki.

Gunk 21 May, 2019 08:14
Quote:
Stuart L
His autobiography to Hell and Back was amazing. Im going to have to read it again.

Yes. Standout book of the time.

Sad news anyway. 70 isn't that old these days.

GPL 21 May, 2019 08:14
Straight talking brave man, i liked that about him.
R.i.P Niki.

Stuart L 21 May, 2019 12:29
GPL youre the Nike Lauda of this site. You say it straight up, and dont suffer fools!

SydneyF1Fan 21 May, 2019 12:58
RIP Niki.

I laughed at a recent Facebook post showing a photo of Tiger Woods, describing his recent victory as the biggest sporting comeback of all time. Next to him was a photo of Niki telling him to toughen up!

A truly remarkable career and legend of the sport who will be greatly missed.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

j-s 21 May, 2019 14:29
Rip Niki, a legend. True Great. Too young to go.

Stu69 22 May, 2019 16:25
Too young to die. RIP.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net