Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Lowe gonski!
Discussion started by SydneyF1Fan , 25 June, 2019 11:47
Lowe gonski!
SydneyF1Fan 25 June, 2019 11:47
Paddy finally given the boot:

[www.formula1.com]

A shame it came to that. I'm sure it's not all down to him, but hopefully the start of a turnaround for Williams.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Re: Lowe gonski!
dot_com 25 June, 2019 12:12
When I saw this news, my first thought was that Williams will be announcing another TD imminently and had to make sure Lowe officially signed off. Let’s hope they have something in the pipeline, or we’re really screwed for 2020.

Gunk 25 June, 2019 17:04
Quote:
dot_com
When I saw this news, my first thought was that Williams will be announcing another TD imminently and had to make sure Lowe officially signed off. Let’s hope they have something in the pipeline, or we’re really screwed for 2020.

I very much doubt that people are queuing up to work at Williams. It's a sure fire career ender.

Damon96 25 June, 2019 21:11
Dunno, if you are young and ambitious there are only 10 TD jobs going, Williams is still a huge opportunity and quite frankly you are in a no lose position, produce a bad car you can say well Paddy did the same. Produce a decent car and you look a genius (or better than Paddy)

Mehryar 26 June, 2019 00:28
There's alot of opportunities for a good new TD.
You can think a refugee like Martin Whitmarsh has alot to prove or then there's a pool of talented guys outside of F1 which we can use like Mclaren successfully does.

Though Paddy Lowe's experience can be scary to other guys, you can name Pat as someone who came to Williams and regained his image so...It's not that much of a scary place to be imo.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

dot_com 26 June, 2019 02:32
Quote:
Mehryar
There's alot of opportunities for a good new TD.
You can think a refugee like Martin Whitmarsh has alot to prove or then there's a pool of talented guys outside of F1 which we can use like Mclaren successfully does.

Though Paddy Lowe's experience can be scary to other guys, you can name Pat as someone who came to Williams and regained his image so...It's not that much of a scary place to be imo.

Agreed. It could be a massive opportunity for a younger TD to come on board and turn things around. Make a name for him/herself. I mean - can anyone really build a car worse than this one?

j-s 26 June, 2019 04:51
Paddy took a good while to notice the signs...

Claire changed his name in the directory to Paddy Lowe Point. Parking space moved to the other side of the lot.

He asked for a cup of tea but the cafeteria lady took 4 months to brew it, by which time it tasted like @#$%&.

Engineers would break the fourth wall whenever he spoke about his plans.

and so on. silly stuff, just like the state of Williams ATM.

Whatever happens, I'm certain that the next TD will be a newcomer and likely a man with more ambition than common sense and talent. We shall see.

CLOVERLEAF 888 26 June, 2019 13:04
Think this is good news, it's now officially over. Thry have obviously come to an agreement.

Hope this means we can soon announce a new Td

erratic 26 June, 2019 17:55
One must hope that Williams have reached the ultimate Lowe and things will improve from here on. I had hoped he was going to be innovative and bring out the best in the team, but for whatever reason it didn't work out.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/06/2019 17:57 by erratic.

j-s 26 June, 2019 20:40
I don't think Lowe was the real problem, but I also hope things improve.

Big changes coming. I think Williams will have a big restructuring soon.

Anderis 26 June, 2019 20:46
Quote:
j-s
Big changes coming. I think Williams will have a big restructuring soon.
We're having like every two years, don't we?

phatjack 26 June, 2019 22:56
They'll probably increase Patrick Head's responsibilities while reducing Doug McKiernan's.

IanSmithISA 27 June, 2019 08:25
Good morning,

Quote:
phatjack
They'll probably increase Patrick Head's responsibilities while reducing Doug McKiernan's.

According to Claire;

He is literally a consultant for the team. He comes in one or two days a week. If he cant do that, he dials in and he joins the technical management team in their meetings and is literally just acting as a guide, as a sounding board and really helping everybody out."

If he cant do that, he dials in

That doesn't sound like someone who wants to get too heavily involved. :-(

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2019 10:05 by IanSmithISA.

j-s 28 June, 2019 05:14
So he's guiding the teams but not making decisions regarding staffing and structure and stuff like that. Would that be a fair assumption?

It's an interesting question. What kind of responsibility would Patrick accept anyway?

That twice weekly consulting gig sounds like a favor to SFW.

Gunk 28 June, 2019 17:38
Quote:
j-s
That twice weekly consulting gig sounds like a favor to SFW.

Yes. As Mehryar suggested a while back, Patrick is there as something of a mediator . . . one of the few people SFW will listen to. Or maybe, even, the only person. Patrick has been out of the game too long to have tech insight.

He's able to repackage received wisdom, and pass it along, in a way that's more acceptable,

Sure, it's all very circuitous, time-consuming and fraught, but until he steps down what do they do?

phatjack 28 June, 2019 17:55
I grant Patrick Head, like most did Michael Schumacher 3 years to come up to speed in the current F1. If Patrick can meet that milestone he too deserves a pat on the back.

Not to be confused with a 12" or 30.5cm difference between a pat on the back and a kick in the @#$%&.

Gunk 28 June, 2019 22:05
Quote:
phatjack
I grant Patrick Head, like most did Michael Schumacher 3 years to come up to speed in the current F1. If Patrick can meet that milestone he too deserves a pat on the back.

I don't think sensible Patrick has any such illusions . . . he's clearly, 'helping out'.
. . maybe even reluctantly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/06/2019 23:58 by Gunk.

CLOVERLEAF 888 29 June, 2019 05:43
We are now free to move on

[www.crash.net]

Gunk 29 June, 2019 07:13
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
We are now free to move on

Who knows. Don't we still have SFW living in the factory?

Andrew Hooper 29 June, 2019 09:18
I don't think the issues at Williams would scare people off especially if the team is prepared to hand over a fairly large sum of money as encouragement. As you say there are only 10 teams and to have a position become available certainly would be of interest.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net