Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Austria - Race
Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 12:46
Shame that Russell has to start from pit lane but his original unit had slight damage. Kubica still from 17th. I can't imagine that this race will be much different to the previous one's. Maybe Kubica can get another good start so will wait and see.

Re: Austria - Race
Gunk (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 13:56
Rumour mill in full churn here.

Ocon to Renault? Hulk to Formula E? Verstappen to Merc?

We shall see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2019 14:09 by Gunk.

Damon96 (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 14:29
Blimey, Williams are getting some screen time, ok it might be near the back but at least Russell got to see someone other than a Williams. Kubica, 4seconds behind despite Russell starting in the pitlane, he had a good start as well.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 14:55
George is really impressive..."He" is the one who's bringing us tv coverage, not a beautiful story...Hope we can keep this guy for a couple of years.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Dylan's Together Through Life Hits The Stores.

Andrew Hooper (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 15:23
So frustrating as both Russell and Kubica both had good starts to the race but then as tyre life went just dropped away.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 16:03
Brilliant job by George.Again he managed to finish in front of a Haas....Also I think he lapped Robert or was very close to.

Hope we can give him a proper car sooner.

Gunk (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 16:36
There were some good drives today . . . Sainz and Norris making the most of an improving McLaren. The Alfa guys did a good job too and finally a well-earned-point for Giovinazzi.

I think Gio will be back up to speed in the second half of the season, the two year lay off really hurt.

phatjack (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 18:32
Max was special, I thought among that Sea of Orange ... and Honda did good too. (Sm8)

Myvatn (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 22:07
Russell not so far off the pack in the race.
Kubica... sad smiley

Gunk (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 22:20
Thank god they didn't change the result . . . that was fair racing.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 22:47
Yes but Lecrec did a nice job with his defending too.Specially on the first move.Way better than Seb, considering his tyres.

But for me, It was Sainz who was the most impressive.Max did a mistake in the race afterall (his start) but Sainz was flawless.I still can not figure out why Redbull did not promote both Max and Sainz to the A team.

Myvatn (IP Logged)
30 June, 2019 23:05
Quote:
Mehryar
Yes but Lecrec did a nice job with his defending too.Specially on the first move.Way better than Seb, considering his tyres.
But for me, It was Sainz who was the most impressive.Max did a mistake in the race afterall (his start) but Sainz was flawless.I still can not figure out why Redbull did not promote both Max and Sainz to the A team.
They had Ricciardo and I think they were more than happy with him (and with good reason).
Maybe, had Sainz been less impatient in 2017, he would be in a Red Bull now.

Mehryar (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 00:03
Well Daniel's time alongside Max truly shows RBR was wrong as Sainz was a well better match for Max in their STR time.

You can't blame Sainz for moving on as it was a waste of time to spend so many years in STR.

After all, they could still make a deal with Sainz for 2019.If a Daniel or Kvyat or a Gasly gets that drive, you wonder if it was Max who was blocking the move.There was some rumors about it too.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 05:11
Great race wit the young guns - made up for France. I'm glad they didn't overturn the result - that would have been a travesty and disaster for the sport.

I feel sorry for Charles. He didn't put a foot wrong all weekend and deserves a win after the last one was snatched away from him. However, you've got to hand it to Max. He drove the wheels off that Red Bull after a shocking start and earned a well deserved the victory. Charles was really let down by tyre wear on the Ferrari, while RBR finally unlocked the secret on their car balance, at least around their home track.

Seb unlucky in quali. Would have been good to see him in the mix and claw back some of the ground on Merc while they were down.

Great race from Lando and George. Shockers for Gasly and Kubica.

Renault off their game all weekend. Lots of questions will be asked back at the factory. Dan must have slipped past Nico non the last lap. I saw him inching closer on the live timing, but surprised the team allowed him to overtake (not that either was going to get into the points).

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

tomazy (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 18:36

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 18:45
Agree with SydneyF1.

Max had a bit of Mansell about him. Very impressive and exciting and also Lando who looks like a seasoned pro all the time.

Who knows what is going on at Williams but if they have the same cars / engines then all the dears about KUB were well founded. It's hard to watch.

Affinity (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 20:23
Hello everyone - this will be my first post on this board smiling smiley

From what I gather, Russell had to start from the pitlane because the team didn't have a spare FW of the same specification. This really makes me think about the parts situation in Williams.
a) The team only manufactured a reasonable amount of spare parts for Spain, 4 races into the season. They went through a plenty of those after George and Robert crashed in Spain / Baku.
b) Apart from the suspension tweak, they didn't introduce any notable upgrades for 9 GPs. They're apparently "testing a lot of things", but none of the components have made it onto the car - or at least they're not visible.
c) Robert said (in a post-race interview): "When I put together a very good lap in Q, I'm 0,5s behind [Russell]. When I don't, the gap is around 1s. On Saturday we went for a different strategy [3x1 lap on softs vs 2x2], so I was able to minimize the gap. On average, however, I was a second / lap slower on such a short track".

One second is an eternity in F1 - and if that's due to driver quality, there is no way for Kubica to stay in F1. When asked about the reason for the gap, Robert responded: "Figure it out yourself. It's not like I'm not trying - I have done everything possible from the cockpit, but it just isn't enough".

If Williams delivered regular upgrades or didn't have issues with spare parts, I would lean towards the "bad driver" explanation. But there have been so many manufacturing pitfalls this season, that I won't dismiss the "lemon car" option yet.

Regardless, this has been a very good weekend for George, who essentially beat Magnussen on merit (although the DT helped). He is proving to be a very capable driver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 20:24 by Affinity.

Mikef1 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2019 22:24
Quote:
Affinity
Hello everyone - this will be my first post on this board smiling smiley
From what I gather, Russell had to start from the pitlane because the team didn't have a spare FW of the same specification. This really makes me think about the parts situation in Williams.
a) The team only manufactured a reasonable amount of spare parts for Spain, 4 races into the season. They went through a plenty of those after George and Robert crashed in Spain / Baku.
b) Apart from the suspension tweak, they didn't introduce any notable upgrades for 9 GPs. They're apparently "testing a lot of things", but none of the components have made it onto the car - or at least they're not visible.
c) Robert said (in a post-race interview): "When I put together a very good lap in Q, I'm 0,5s behind [Russell]. When I don't, the gap is around 1s. On Saturday we went for a different strategy [3x1 lap on softs vs 2x2], so I was able to minimize the gap. On average, however, I was a second / lap slower on such a short track".

One second is an eternity in F1 - and if that's due to driver quality, there is no way for Kubica to stay in F1. When asked about the reason for the gap, Robert responded: "Figure it out yourself. It's not like I'm not trying - I have done everything possible from the cockpit, but it just isn't enough".

If Williams delivered regular upgrades or didn't have issues with spare parts, I would lean towards the "bad driver" explanation. But there have been so many manufacturing pitfalls this season, that I won't dismiss the "lemon car" option yet.

Regardless, this has been a very good weekend for George, who essentially beat Magnussen on merit (although the DT helped). He is proving to be a very capable driver.

Apparently the only difference in the wings was a cutout at the top rear of the end plates. Haven't seen comparisons but the wing itself was allegedly the same just a very minor detail of the end plates.

02 July, 2019 19:51
I visit the Austrian GP last Sunday. Incredible hot ... Nice to see, that RUS can keep MAG behind him, but KUB. I think his time is running out. Lapped by the teammate without any complications. Sorry for him, but i think it is time to leave F1.

CLOVERLEAF 888 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2019 20:04
Quote:
tomazy

Ah, so thats how Russell got past kubica and kyvtt. Amazing block by kubica to let George drive past them both. Lol.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net