Latest news:

2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
Discussion started by CLOVERLEAF 888 , 09 July, 2019 02:04
Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
CLOVERLEAF 888 09 July, 2019 02:04
Enjoy

[youtu.be]

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
sennaspeed 09 July, 2019 15:31
Great interview all through, but absolute best is from 42:00 on.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
sennaspeed 09 July, 2019 15:33
and about GR from 47 minutes and how he works with the team

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
tomazy 09 July, 2019 19:45
Quote:
CLAIRE WILLIAMS
We also had chalenging people that were around the team that were making life weary dificoult
(38:35)

Weve got rid of all the crap that we needed to get out of Williams that was hapering us
(42:35)

Paddy Lowe??

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
CLOVERLEAF 888 09 July, 2019 19:52
Quote:
tomazy
Quote:
CLAIRE WILLIAMS
We also had chalenging people that were around the team that were making life weary dificoult
(38:35)

Weve got rid of all the crap that we needed to get out of Williams that was hapering us
(42:35)

Paddy Lowe??


I thought making life difficult was the Strolls..... I think when Claire said the word "Crap" I was like... wow Paddy Lowe too Tomazzy



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2019 19:54 by CLOVERLEAF 888.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
tomazy 09 July, 2019 19:59
Oh, I forgot abaut the Strolls, they had to be a pain in the ass I aggre.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
erratic 09 July, 2019 21:28
I hope it comes good, I really do, and for some inexplicable reason, I think it will. Wouldn't mind Nico coming back too, him and Bottas in the car when George moves on.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
phatjack 09 July, 2019 23:46
I stopped watching that after Claire said if it wasn't for her and attracting new sponsors they wouldn't have gotten this far or words to that affect.

Claire it's not about you it's about being a leader. You are way in over your head.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2019 23:58 by phatjack.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
GPL 10 July, 2019 08:27
I will wait for this big update.

Always lots of positive talk but no action,and when we have had updates they have rarely
given much at all.

We are like 4 seconds off the pace this car is that poor, and they have now confirmed the chassis is good so most of this deficit is down to aero/inadequate down force.

Gearbox rear end could cost one full second by all accounts

if they have corrected the numbers then 1.5 to 2 seconds should be achievable with
this fix and if it does work????? then a further 1 second is possible by the end of the season.

only if i see progress by these margins will i be convinced she is sorting out Grove.


When a car started out life so far off the pace it should be quite easy to gain big chunks of time when you get the numbers right.

Big shame they could not get this fix ready in time for Silverstone, Frank,s big day.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
Andrew Hooper 11 July, 2019 05:41
So many people come out with the she is in way over here head. No she isn't. It was under her leadership that Williams finished 3rd in the constructors for two consecutive years which was a massive achievement for the team. So we have hit a slump and its like all of a sudden she doesn't know what she is doing.

If the team hadn't had any success for the past ten years I would be joining the call that she should be replaced but that is far from the case.

I also give her a massive level of praise for her efforts that saw title sponsors come to the team like Martini and now ROKiT.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
Mikef1 11 July, 2019 08:17
Quote:
GPL
I will wait for this big update.
Always lots of positive talk but no action,and when we have had updates they have rarely
given much at all.

We are like 4 seconds off the pace this car is that poor, and they have now confirmed the chassis is good so most of this deficit is down to aero/inadequate down force.

Gearbox rear end could cost one full second by all accounts

if they have corrected the numbers then 1.5 to 2 seconds should be achievable with
this fix and if it does work????? then a further 1 second is possible by the end of the season.

only if i see progress by these margins will i be convinced she is sorting out Grove.


When a car started out life so far off the pace it should be quite easy to gain big chunks of time when you get the numbers right.

Big shame they could not get this fix ready in time for Silverstone, Frank,s big day.

Depends on the team at the end of the day. You can see red bull, mercedes, ferrari making gains like that with their many many millions. William's basically have 1 chance to strike gold

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
GPL 11 July, 2019 09:10
I appreciate what you are saying Mike but we do not always need GAZILLIONS OF WANDA.
to design some decent aero.

These are clever people and they should be able to get us in the midfield mix.

Saying all that if this big upgrade fails then we need to get rid of them ASAP and
find someone who can do this job and not waste anymore time.

this is the team that was working with Paddy after all ????.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
Gunk 14 July, 2019 10:43
The thing about all this, it doesn't really stack up.

The kind of stuff coming out of the team via people like Andrew Benson suggested almost a mutiny at Grove and Paddy being something of an outcast . . . well, so much for expensive human relations consultants.

The thing is, people really liked Symonds and were sad to see him go. They didn't appear to like Paddy or the Strolls and Stroll Senior and Paddy were only seen arguing with each other. I'm sure you remember seeing those clips on TV . . . you don't need to be a consultant to see that relationship was fairly toxic.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
phatjack 14 July, 2019 11:17
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
So many people come out with the she is in way over here head. No she isn't. It was under her leadership that Williams finished 3rd in the constructors for two consecutive years which was a massive achievement for the team. So we have hit a slump and its like all of a sudden she doesn't know what she is doing.
If the team hadn't had any success for the past ten years I would be joining the call that she should be replaced but that is far from the case.

I also give her a massive level of praise for her efforts that saw title sponsors come to the team like Martini and now ROKiT.

You don't pat yourself on the back as leader, that's where we disagree. Because it diminishes everything that got williams to where they are today.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
The Terminator 14 July, 2019 12:18
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
So many people come out with the she is in way over here head. No she isn't. It was under her leadership that Williams finished 3rd in the constructors for two consecutive years which was a massive achievement for the team. So we have hit a slump and its like all of a sudden she doesn't know what she is doing.
If the team hadn't had any success for the past ten years I would be joining the call that she should be replaced but that is far from the case.

I also give her a massive level of praise for her efforts that saw title sponsors come to the team like Martini and now ROKiT.

You don't pat yourself on the back as leader, that's where we disagree. Because it diminishes everything that got williams to where they are today.


There's a difference between patting yourself on the back and standing up for yourself. Clare has rightly had to answer many difficult questions regarding the teams dismal form over the last couple of seasons, so fair play to her for pointing out that without her success at attracting new investment, Williams may well not even be on the grid.

Re: Claire Williams and Nico Rosberg
phatjack 14 July, 2019 17:45
Really? Whose story is Claire pitching to prospective sponsors?


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net