Latest news:

2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
German Grand Prix 2019 (Practice, Qualifying & Race)
Discussion started by Stuart L , 26 July, 2019 09:16
German Grand Prix 2019 (Practice, Qualifying & Race)
Stuart L 26 July, 2019 09:16
Well this board seems to have an upswing in positivity / excitement linked to the significant updates being introduced.

Here’s hoping they work as designed to do so.

Re: German Grand Prix 2019 (Practice, Qualifying & Race)
Mehryar 26 July, 2019 09:29
It's predicted that we will have a wet race and most likely a wet qualifying.
A wet weekend always masks the true pace of the cars.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Andrew Hooper 26 July, 2019 09:57
I hope that at least on Friday we see some signs of progress.

GPL 26 July, 2019 10:05
Good test for down force.

Bring it on and lets see what we have now gt.

Francesc 26 July, 2019 10:38
Kubica 2 tenths behind Russell. That means that the upgrade brings half a second.

Edit: Now 1 tenth faster. So it's worth 8 tenths.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2019 10:41 by Francesc.

Goxxy 26 July, 2019 10:47
@Francesc: If that would just be the case... it would bring us up to 15/16th, or a spot or two up, depending on others.

GPL 26 July, 2019 10:47
I need a little more convincing yet mate.

If i am honest i have seen nothing yet to get excited about.

GPL 26 July, 2019 10:49
Going on the midfield times after the first run i would have liked to have seen a 1:17 dead
from Roberts first run.

GPL 26 July, 2019 10:51
Early days, sa we have got used to saying these past years.

Fingers still crossed.

Goxxy 26 July, 2019 10:51
Yet, it's 1:17.1 from Russell.

Filip 26 July, 2019 10:57
I would hold off with judgement just yet. If the upgrades are working Robert needs some time to adjust to them and search for new settings most likely. Russell is doing fine as usual on the old package

Goxxy 26 July, 2019 10:58
Exactly as Filip pointed out. However, I would love to see us a bit further up on Friday FP1 and FP2 instead of usual dead last 19th/20th.

GPL 26 July, 2019 11:00
Better.

Goxxy 26 July, 2019 11:02
1:16.559 from Robert, more than half a second faster than George. That's better.

Mikef1 26 July, 2019 11:05
Quote:
Goxxy
1:16.559 from Robert, more than half a second faster than George. That's better.

It's not like Williams to go for glory runs but I haven't really paid attention to their practice times this season. Is it normal for the car to be in touch with the other teams?

Also. Dont want to sound like a dick. But if Kubica is able to do that at his current level of performance, then it is likely that russell may even be able to go his usual 3 tenths faster. Either way, kubiva ahead of russell convincingly is probably a good thing

Filip 26 July, 2019 11:06
Quote:
Goxxy

It would be awesome if this could extend to 1s gap at the end of FP2 between them. This would mean a great improvement

Goxxy 26 July, 2019 11:14
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Goxxy

It's not like Williams to go for glory runs but I haven't really paid attention to their practice times this season. Is it normal for the car to be in touch with the other teams?

Also. Dont want to sound like a dick. But if Kubica is able to do that at his current level of performance, then it is likely that russell may even be able to go his usual 3 tenths faster. Either way, kubiva ahead of russell convincingly is probably a good thing

I think that looking at the last three/four races, Russell/Kubica were last, with .6 up to 1 second behind the 18th place, Kubica unfortunately being .5-.8 slower than Russell. So if he's faster then Russell now, that means that we just might mix it up with others on quali day, just to have them up a bit, or hopefully one of them to try to get into Q2. I don't know, I'm usually optimistic, but Williams made me really pessimistic in 2018 and 2019.

@Filip - yes, hope that's the case. If Robert's faster for a whole second than Russell, we might have a hell of a better car from this race. As Andrew pointed out - we're still 1 second behind 10th place with Kubica, atm in FP1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2019 11:14 by Goxxy.

GPL 26 July, 2019 11:16
Now i would love to see a 1:16 dead from Robert in this session.

Filip 26 July, 2019 11:22
Quote:
Goxxy
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
Goxxy

I think that looking at the last three/four races, Russell/Kubica were last, with .6 up to 1 second behind the 18th place, Kubica unfortunately being .5-.8 slower than Russell. So if he's faster then Russell now, that means that we just might mix it up with others on quali day, just to have them up a bit, or hopefully one of them to try to get into Q2. I don't know, I'm usually optimistic, but Williams made me really pessimistic in 2018 and 2019.

@Filip - yes, hope that's the case. If Robert's faster for a whole second than Russell, we might have a hell of a better car from this race. As Andrew pointed out - we're still 1 second behind 10th place with Kubica, atm in FP1.

I know Robert gets a lot of criticism lately and conspiracy theories are not helping his 'image' but honestly I think that most of his problems are due to technical reasons. I believe that Russell is faster by 0.1-0.4 s depending on the track but definitely not 1-1.5s like in Austria. There is something wrong going on with his side of the garage. I don't know what it is but I believe Robert when he says that car changes behaviour way too much between Fridays and Saturdays/Sundays. This happened in Canada and Austria. On a decent day like Silverstone he was coping fine I think.

Goxxy 26 July, 2019 11:29
End of FP1 - still dead last, but there seems to be some signs of improvement, but not as much as I think all of us and the team would like. Robert is .2 behind 18th, but considering how much this update might be worth of - I think that they could / should be further up the grid come Saturday. We'll see, but here's to a better FP2 and even better FP3 / Q.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net