Latest news:

2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: German Grand Prix 2019 (Practice, Qualifying & Race)
ihme 29 July, 2019 12:41
I wouldnt want to see one of our cars crashing heavily into the barrier somewhere after putting the slicks on while there are back-to-back GP's. With the FW42 the risk of this happening was probably too high for the team.

Anderis 29 July, 2019 13:06
Quote:
ihme
I wouldnt want to see one of our cars crashing heavily into the barrier somewhere after putting the slicks on while there are back-to-back GP's. With the FW42 the risk of this happening was probably too high for the team.
With that kind of mentality it's hard to succeed in professional sport.

Francesc 29 July, 2019 13:24
Williams aren't about succeeding anymore, only about making a profit for the owners.

ihme 29 July, 2019 14:04
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
ihme

This year we arent trying to succeed in F1. We are trying to recover the lost ground. If the FW42 was actually capable of scoring points I bet we would have been way more aggressive with the strategy at Hockenheim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2019 14:05 by ihme.

IanSmithISA 29 July, 2019 17:29
Good afternoon,

Quote:
Francesc
Williams aren't about succeeding anymore, only about making a profit for the owners.

Having looked at the publicly filed accounts for the last few years I can not see how this can be so.

There is one highly paid director, £4.5m, it is unclear if this is MO'D or Brad Hollinger and there have been no dividends paid.

In the 2017 accounts Sir Frank has private jet arrangement with Tri-leg which is less simple than could be possible but how can anyone begrudge him that and it doesn't appear in 2018?

I am very much of the view the Williams needs to bin WAE, but I can't see who is taking money out.

So unless you want to get into a "conspiracy theory" of fake invoices that are really going into someone's pocket for which there is no evidence or something similar I am confused.

Bye

Ian

dot_com 29 July, 2019 18:25
Soo... do we have any idea where the “upgrades” have put us, for the Hungaroring? Or have we made no improvement at all. It was really hard to figure out if we have gained anything, with the incidents in qualifying and then the crazy race conditions.

CLOVERLEAF 888 29 July, 2019 18:39
Quote:
dot_com
Soo... do we have any idea where the “upgrades” have put us, for the Hungaroring? Or have we made no improvement at all. It was really hard to figure out if we have gained anything, with the incidents in qualifying and then the crazy race conditions.

Apart from that one glimmer of hope with Kubica In FP1, I think in all honesty we have no idea.. We just seem to building a fragile race car atm and its showing in how carful the drivers have to be.. We basically seem to be turning up at the races like a wounded animal.... . The car couldn't take the kerbs earlier in the season and this still seem to be the case... Kubica did say, any gains are lost with how carful they have to be not to break anything... Maybe we are pushing the boundries on how we make stuff but are on the wrong side of things... Who Knows....

btw does anybody know how Kubica got past George late in the race... Did George have an off?

Anderis 29 July, 2019 18:55
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
Anderis
Quote:
ihme

This year we arent trying to succeed in F1. We are trying to recover the lost ground. If the FW42 was actually capable of scoring points I bet we would have been way more aggressive with the strategy at Hockenheim.
And this is what doesn't make sense!

Of course the worse your car is, the more you should risk. If you're capable of scoring the results you want on merit, you have a valid excuse for not taking risks. You have something to lose. If you're expected to finish last anyway- that's when there's no excuse for not trying an alternative strategy as you have nothing to lose. Stroll did what he did because he was outside top10 at that point. Albon for example played it safe because he was P4 at that point.

Who knows, maybe that's part of the problem inside the factory too. Maybe some managers and engineers are afraid of taking risks when there's nothing to lose. Knowing when to risk and when to play it safe is a big part of succeeding in professional sport. Williams definetely got it wrong in the last race.

dot_com 29 July, 2019 19:43
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
btw does anybody know how Kubica got past George late in the race... Did George have an off?

I was wondering the same thing. I though maybe GR had pitted late in the race, behind the safety car, but I don’t think that was the case.

Here’s hoping that they have fixed the issue with parts not staying on the car (how embarrassing!!) and the aero parts can actually do their job. Without falling off.

Filip 29 July, 2019 20:06
Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888

I was wondering the same thing. I though maybe GR had pitted late in the race, behind the safety car, but I don’t think that was the case.

Here’s hoping that they have fixed the issue with parts not staying on the car (how embarrassing!!) and the aero parts can actually do their job. Without falling off.

Aside from a stupid Polish title (seriously some of these stupid comments are doing bad ground for Kubica in the media) here is the situation. He just lost it and went off track and then couldn't catch Kubica till the end

[www.youtube.com]

Affinity 29 July, 2019 22:50
Quote:
Anderis
Of course the worse your car is, the more you should risk. If you're capable of scoring the results you want on merit, you have a valid excuse for not taking risks. You have something to lose. If you're expected to finish last anyway- that's when there's no excuse for not trying an alternative strategy as you have nothing to lose. Stroll did what he did because he was outside top10 at that point. Albon for example played it safe because he was P4 at that point.

Who knows, maybe that's part of the problem inside the factory too. Maybe some managers and engineers are afraid of taking risks when there's nothing to lose. Knowing when to risk and when to play it safe is a big part of succeeding in professional sport. Williams definetely got it wrong in the last race.

The risk was that the team wouldn't be able to properly rebuild the car after a crash for the Hungarian GP. Robert was asked if he wanted to pit for softs on the same lap as Stroll, but decided against it due to this very reason. This shows that the parts situation is still far from ideal.

phatjack 29 July, 2019 23:35
It's sad, Williams scores their first undeserved point and instead of rejoicing in the fact we're debating what ifs?

j-s 31 July, 2019 05:17
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue about who killed beat who.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net