Latest news:

2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Hungarian GP 2019 (Practice, Qualifying and Race)
XBX 03 August, 2019 14:20
That was some lap by GR

Mehryar 03 August, 2019 14:21
This kid is just brilliant! What a lap!

Great job by the team!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

boro1986willliamsf1 03 August, 2019 14:22
Knocking on the door of Q2 getting there

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Gunk 03 August, 2019 14:27
Encouraging for the team . . . nice morale boost

Myvatn 03 August, 2019 14:29
Finally a real improvement. Nice to see.

Francesc 03 August, 2019 14:31
I said before, Russell would be giving Hamilton a much harder time than Bottas. I think we will lose him. sad smiley

Great progress from the team. Let's see if in Spa, a track that won't suit us as much as Hungary, we keep this progression.

Myvatn 03 August, 2019 14:38
Also very nice to beat both Force Stroll’s.

Only bad news is kubica being out of his depth again.

tomazy 03 August, 2019 14:40
We lost most of our time in S1, where all the streights are. It must be the Mercedes engine is underpowerd. (when Williams was fast on streits it was becouse of the engine, why not now?) Good lap by Russell, dont know what happened to Kubica. Nice progress by the team, I really didnt expect to be almost in q2 this year.

Mehryar 03 August, 2019 14:44
Looks like they have found some ideas about setup of the new package.
It was wrong to not give them to George for first try in Germany.He's clearly better on the setup side too.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Francesc 03 August, 2019 14:44
Russell only 5 tenths off Q3.

Finally a race to look forward to.

Andrew Hooper 03 August, 2019 14:57
Yes it was such a great effort from Russell. We are only looking at finding such a small amount of time to move well and truly into the midfield. We somehow need to get the second car with Kubica to show some pace.

At least it is encouraging that the updates that they have developed seem to be producing the results that Williams expected which bodes well for the correlation between the track and factory.

tomazy 03 August, 2019 15:03
Russell says its unbelievable and his so happy with the result. A result they could not have dreamt of.

"Regardless of the result, we can go into the summer break pretty pleased. We have much more to come in the second half of the season"

Gunk 03 August, 2019 15:19
Quote:
Myvatn
Also very nice to beat both Force Stroll’s.

Disappointing for them . . . but most of the car is new and I don't think they understand it yet.

Stu69 03 August, 2019 15:21
In the top 10 by the end of the season! Great progress and fantastic work by the team! Well done Claire for leading from the front and making the tough decisions!!

j-s 03 August, 2019 15:34
Good job by Russell. Refreshing to see some cars behind Williams. Well done.

I hope the race pace is there.

Ozzy Osbone 03 August, 2019 15:37
Wow. What a boost. A proper aero circuit too. Very encouraging. Lets hope this is not a one off and the new parts have worked.

KUB meanwhile.........He can't keep his seat at this rate. Running out of excuses now.

Mikef1 03 August, 2019 15:50
Quote:
Francesc
I said before, Russell would be giving Hamilton a much harder time than Bottas. I think we will lose him. sad smiley
Great progress from the team. Let's see if in Spa, a track that won't suit us as much as Hungary, we keep this progression.

What more can bottas do? In qualifying hes as good as hamilton this season and the gap to hamilton is exaggerated by some luck on hamiltons side. Monaco, canada, silverstone all examples of hamilton locking into more points than he deserved. Even germany. And that's just off the top of my head. The points gap is bigger than it should be and there isnt a single driver on the grid excluding verstappen who could beat hamilton consistently in the races. Most of their races are decided by who leads into turn 1

WilliamsF1Fan 03 August, 2019 16:26
I've not seen qualifying yet, but from what I've read George's performance lifts the spirits. If they keep bringing developments in the second half of the year, then anything is possible. I'm curious about Kubica's performance though, any news on why the big gap?

Filip 03 August, 2019 16:37
Quote:
WilliamsF1Fan
I've not seen qualifying yet, but from what I've read George's performance lifts the spirits. If they keep bringing developments in the second half of the year, then anything is possible. I'm curious about Kubica's performance though, any news on why the big gap?

He had no grip, they tried one „crazy” setting on the last stint but it didn’t help at all. He would be 0.5s behind anyway (his words)

One interesting video though:

[mobile.twitter.com]

Mikef1 03 August, 2019 16:42
With ref to qualifying the cars that george beat all had a teammate much further up the road. I feel the result is a little more flattering than the performance?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net