f1
Latest News:
Welcome to the Racing Bulls Message board. Feel free to talk about the Red Bull Racing Formula One Campaign and anything else related to F1.........

Poll: will robert kubica come back to f1
f1man (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 05:37

Wll Robbert Kubica get back to f1?

yes
no
maybe
possibly not sure
hope so
robert who?
are you crazy f1man? for sure
are you crazy f1man? no way
depends ...

You must be logged in to vote.

12 Votes

Show results

here you go all

Mark WEBBER 9smiling smiley hit wonder :-)

Should have been 12 wins except vettel stuffed up
Japan 2007- vettel runs into back of webber during SC ...WTF
Turkey 2010- vettel decides to drive into webber
Malaysia 2013- vettel decides he is just too awesome for team rules
I am a proud Mark Webber Fan
I am also proud that we won the war
I am also a Carlton supporter
I think, therfore i am!

Re: Poll: will robert kubica come back to f1
Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 07:47
If he is not back for next season then I am not sure if he will ever come back to F1.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3654/webberalonso.jpg
----Webber versus Alonso----

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 10:47
I went "hope so", but have fairly major doubts that he'll make it.

If he can recover from his injuries to make it back to the elite level, it will be an unbelievable achievement and he deserves every future success.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

K1 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 10:49
well i voted possibly,not sure. when he had his accident and the true extent of his injuries became known i said then that i very much doubted he would return.

i do hope that i am wrong as he was an interesting driver with a lot of potential.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 13:39
Not enough info to say either way, would be nice to see him back, but yeh nfi at this stage.

http://www.users.on.net/~loud_howard/webber/sigs/webbersiglatest4.jpg
http://www.patronisef1.com - My solution to F1's 'bore' problem.

phatjack (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 16:44
Quote:
Whitey*~@
If he is not back for next season then I am not sure if he will ever come back to F1.

He'll return when he and his doctors think it's the right time.

Here on our side of the world a star athlete missed 10 months due to a serious concussion.

On his return he picked up where he left off prior to his concussion but even more determined. I think Kubica is from the same mold as the "Kid".

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith." - Einstein

F1mania (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 18:37
I voted no, have been saying no for about 1 month now
Hearing no news from the horses mouth has made me think it's basically over. The Renault team principals latest is we want 2 big name driver come '13/'14
I'm thinking well Robert is/was a big name driver will Renault / lotus sport a third car ? Or is he basically saying Robert is finished?
Loud , remember you posted a comment where you didn't know if I were serious? Well I was and I am serious,
I do hope I'm wrong but writings on the wall

K1 (IP Logged)
22 November, 2011 21:52
i find it all rather strange that there has been zip direct info/pics etc etc etc of kubica possibly training for a return. why all the secrecy? there was heaps of info when webber had his accident in tasmania and we were all kept well informed.

bouillier claims to not have seen or spoken directly with kubica for quite some time!!!

f1man (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 00:05
BINGO K1 smiling smiley
very weird isnt it

I think, therfore i am!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 00:50
Not really. Some people perform rather than play the press. Kubica will be back at some point. My guess is Ferrari 2013.

K1 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 02:40
you really are a negative ozzy.

f1man (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 03:40
ho hum, ding dong the witch is dead

I think, therfore i am!

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 05:38
Don't get how Ozzy's being negative, K1.

Isn't he saying he'll be back, but in 2013?

Also, we heard a bit about Webber's injuries - he just forgot to mention his broken shoulder to anyone! His injuries were not nearly as career-threatening as Kube's, though.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

K1 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 06:35
what? i referred to the fact that webber's recuperation and training to get back into action was made available. then ozzy insinuates that webber was playing the press!!! maybe it was but i tend to think it was just an honest straight forward matter of keeping all up to date. why would kubica go all secretive. there's nothing to hide.

f1man (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 07:37
i have to side with k1 on this

anyone in my view who says its normal etc and the kube is on track to get back please justify logically below..

smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

f1man (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 07:38
sorry meaning why we have heard practically nothing from him in months ... as Pauline Hansen once said "Please Explain"

I think, therfore i am!

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 08:40
I didn't read Ozzy's remarks as saying Webber plays the press - just "some" people.

I can relate to what Ozzy is saying and can believe that Kube's would be the type of character to knuckle down out of the public eye.

However, I think it's strange that Renault are not up-to-date on his progress at critical milestones and you would have to assume that he's struggling to get back to form.

K1 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 09:08
read what ever you like into those comments.i understand what ozzy is getting at even if no one else does. on the very day that i state that it is weird not to have heard anything, voila, a statement from kubica himself on the status quo. he will not be back for 2012.

f1man (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 09:41
word brother

I think, therfore i am!

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 09:52
Per the Lotus Renault web site at this stage he will miss the "start" of the 2012 season, at least. However, you'd have to think he will miss out on the whole of 2012.

Also interesting to note Kube's comments in bold below. Did Ozzy write the press release?!!!

[www.lotusrenaultgp.com]

Quote:
Lotus Renault

Robert Kubica to miss start of 2012 Season

Enstone, 23rd November 2011

Robert Kubica has today informed Lotus Renault GP that, despite having started an intensive training programme, it is still too early for him to commit to driving in the 2012 championship. Robert’s progress remains impressive – he can now walk freely, and move his hand and elbow -, but he feels that he needs more time to return to full fitness.

Lotus Renault GP remains committed to helping Robert as much as possible in his recovery process. A test car is ready and waiting for him, and a dedicated crew is on stand-by. Of course, Robert will remain a member of the LRGP family in 2012 and he is already, through his management, holding talks about renewing his contract for the following season.

Although very disappointed by the news, Lotus Renault GP will start assessing its options and will evaluate the most suitable candidate to drive from the first 2012 winter testing session. Once again, all the members of Lotus Renault GP wish Robert a full and speedy recovery as we say: “Szybkiego powrotu do zdrowia” - Get well soon our friend.

Robert Kubica: “Even if I’ve been working very, very hard over the course of the last few weeks, I came to the conclusion that I am not yet certain to be ready for the 2012 season. I have called the team and I have informed them of the situation. This was a difficult decision to make, but it is the most reasonable one. I also know that LRGP need to prepare for next year, and further extending deadlines would not have been the right thing to do. On a personal level, my recovery is still very encouraging and my doctors keep being impressed. I just need more time, as I want to be 100% ready before I commit to anything driving related. Finally, I regret not having been able to provide more news and not having appeared in the papers, and I thank my friends of the media for understanding that this has been the best way for me to cope with what has been the most difficult period of my life.”

Eric Boullier, Managing Director and Team Principal: “Everybody in the team is, of course, very disappointed today. Robert not driving in Australia at the start of next season is not what we were all hoping for. However, he has taken a very mature decision, acting in the best interests of Lotus Renault GP. As a team and as a family, we remain 100% behind him and we’ll help as much as we can. A programme composed of simulator testing, single-seater and F1 track time is awaiting him. In the meantime, we will start talking to a few drivers in order to finalise our line-up for next year as soon as possible. Robert will take it step by step and will jump back in his racing car when he feels it is the right moment to do so. On behalf of all 520 members of the team, I wish him a speedy recovery.”

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 10:47
Joe Saward's take:

[joesaward.wordpress.com]

Quote:
Joe Saward

Things have not been helped in recent months by Kubica’s silence and the fact that the people around him are clearly split over how progress has been going, with some saying that all is well and others that more time is needed.

There are others sources that say that Robert is really struggling and may never recover the movement and feeling he needs to be an F1 driver. It is hard to know what to believe.

K1 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 12:00
the official line peddled by kubica is frankly a lot of drivel. yes, he had a bad accident and he could've quite easily have been killed but he wasn't. motor racing is dangerous. that he felt that it wasn't either necessary or any advantage in letting people know what the status quo was, once again, in my opinion, very poor form.

no doubt his management thought that it was good for business to keep everyone guessing. why all the mystery?

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 12:34
How bad must have Kubicas arm and hand injuries been didn't he have his accident like 10 months ago and he is still not able to return to F1 in 2012 damn his injuries must have been bad.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 13:21
Quote:
K1
the official line peddled by kubica is frankly a lot of drivel. yes, he had a bad accident and he could've quite easily have been killed but he wasn't. motor racing is dangerous. that he felt that it wasn't either necessary or any advantage in letting people know what the status quo was, once again, in my opinion, very poor form.
no doubt his management thought that it was good for business to keep everyone guessing. why all the mystery?

:/ He wanted his privacy, big deal. He's been keeping in touch with the teams, beyond that if he doesn't want to tweet every second of his day it hardly makes him a machiavellian schemer manipulating the public into...forgetting about him?

phatjack (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 16:23
Quote:
K1
what? i referred to the fact that webber's recuperation and training to get back into action was made available. then ozzy insinuates that webber was playing the press!!! maybe it was but i tend to think it was just an honest straight forward matter of keeping all up to date. why would kubica go all secretive. there's nothing to hide.

Papa Smurf, you are not seriously trying suggest Mark suffered anything more than a few scratches and bruises during his mountain bike foolery?

Though credit to Mark's honesty for speaking through the press.

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith." - Einstein

K1 (IP Logged)
23 November, 2011 22:23
LH... in case you missed it when consulting your oracle, bouillier stated some few weeks back that he had not heard from either kubica or his management for quite some time and that he had no idea what the current situation was. search the net and check it out.

you say that he has been in contact with the teams all along! strange that zippedydoodah has appeared anywhere in the press... until this last press release.

your sources must be impeccable, select and totally discreet.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 01:13
Quote:
Robert Kubica April 21
“Especially since the season started, I’ve been liaising with my engineers on what’s been going on over race weekends. They are sending me the race reports so I can remain up to date and fully informed, as if I were there at the tracks. Eric Boullier is also in constant contact, keeping up to date with my general condition.
[formulaoneupdate.wordpress.com]

Quote:
Eric Boullier July 13
"Robert is improving very quickly. After the last surgery he had to relax for some time but now he is pushing really hard. I haven't seen him lately but I've spoken to him a bit. I am also in constant contact with his manager Daniele Morelli and Dr Ceccarelli, who says that the situation is better than expected," said Boullier.
[www.auto123.com]

Quote:
Eric Boullier August 27 (having obviously spoken to Kubicas team)
Injured Pole Kubica is preparing to undergo a final operation in the next few days to restore mobility to his elbow.
“I know this is the last one and then he will be starting, finally, the full rehabilitation,” Renault team boss Boullier is quoted by Reuters at Spa-Francorchamps.
[www.forumula1.com]

Quote:
Daniele Morelli September 29
"Robert is exercising the right elbow by flexing and tensing it; soon he will start twisting it," Morelli told Gazzetta dello Sport. "The hand is progressing: the movements are there and that's the most important thing. Strength is lacking but it's just a matter of time.
"I often talk to Boullier: he'll have an answer - whether positive or negative - by early November, when we'll all have a clearer idea.
[www.autosport.com]

Quote:
Eric Boullier October 11
Boullier said that he wanted to move towards working out what the team's plans were going to be in the next few days - which is why he wants to get news from Kubica himself.
"I am going to make a call this week to see where he stands and then to start planning something," said Boullier.
[www.autosport.com]

Renault give him the mid-late October deadline, Kubicas camp accept that.

But then, Robert misses that deadline, Renault (in communication with him) then extend that into November.

Quote:
Eric Boullier October 16
"If I can wait a little bit longer, I will maybe have to because he's not fully ready and I want him to be in a fair situation to make sure he will be back.
"I spoke to Daniele Morelli and they are very confident that Robert will be back, which is nice to hear. We still have to go through some processes so he is basically fighting against time.
[www.autosport.com]

Quote:
Eric Boullier November 1
"I am in regular contact with his manager, but until he is driving the car we do not know."
[www.autosport.com]

Robert is apparently going to miss that (early November), perhaps it's a line ball thing, Renault see that coming and by mid-november hint that they're kinda hanging out waiting for Robert who hasn't told them that no he can't do it (in the last week or two). Then Robert says he can't do it to the team and everyone else, mid-late through November.

Seems obvious to me, Boullier meant early November as the first few days, Kubicas camp took early November as the first half, and used all that time and a few days before making the decision. In light of the resulting decision that's not at all surprising.

Ofcourse, that's only when we heard about it (on the 23rd), on that date there was this implying Renault knew earlier;

Quote:
Lotus Renault GP November 23
He is already, through his management, holding talks about renewing his contract for the following season
[www.lotusrenaultgp.com]

As for the other teams, I'm referring to Ferrari and Joe Saward is the source for that.

As for info being out there generally, just do a Kubica search on Autosport, there's also a thread on him there where people are putting together all the info coming from Kubica and Renault, and it has the odd pic and so on.

Considering you, and I, support a driver who has twice hidden an injury from the team and us, I'd probably drop it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/11/2011 01:24 by LoudHoward.

f1man (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 03:31
meaning that robs injuries are worse than we know

maybe he lost a few fingers?

I think, therfore i am!

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 04:38
How decidedly random/wrong f1man...

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 06:03
So Loud what does this all mean? Is Kubica going to be back in F1 or not?

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 07:11
Quote:
LoudHoward
Not enough info to say either way, would be nice to see him back, but yeh nfi at this stage.

Still stands imo, they'll put him in a car sooner or later and then it will either go from there, or it won't.

turboturtle (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 07:14
so far at least not at the beginning of next season. (although it doesn't rule him out for later, as repotedly he is under negotiations for his next contract)

regards tt

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 08:29
Quote:
“Finally, I regret not having been able to provide more news and not having appeared in the papers, and I thank my friends of the media for understanding that this has been the best way for me to cope with what has been the most difficult period of my life.”

K1 (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 08:44
something amiss here. i posted a response but it went the same way as kubica's public persona over the last 10 months.

to be honest, 90% of what you posted LH is entirely new to me and i was not aware of it at all so i stand corrected to a very large extent.

as for webbers not disclosing his shoulder injury well that means zip in the context of what we are discussing here.

F1mania (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 18:06
So now we get yet another conflicting story from robs manager saying Renault twisted words and hopes to be back
If Renault honestly thought he could get back they would wait as he is a top driver
So it must be alot worse than we all know
Loud as normal sits on fence

K1 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 00:28
if i am brutally frank i must admit that i am over kubica. yes he was a very fast driver who had lots of potential but his accident, unfortunate as not was, has put paid to his climb up the F1 ladder. for the moment that is, as no one really knows whether or not he can ever get back to where he left off.

time to move on now. there are heaps of new exciting young drivers to keep the momentum going irrespective of kubica. if, and that is a big if, kubica can make a comeback fine, well done but i do hope that the issue is now put on the back burner. all the hype is totally boring.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 00:38
So you've gone for "damnit why no news!" to "all the damn hype is boring!" roflmao.

Frankly we barely hear about him, if you want some info it's out there you can go and find it. He comes up in regards to the Renault and Ferrari seats occasionally because he's in the frame at those teams, if he can return near his normal level. Other than that, he's, as you pointed out, hardly flooding the airwaves with weekly press conferences.

f1man (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 00:58
yeah whats up k1- totally bizzare comment

this was not a "whi is in this week" poll

just a hey will he wont he- lol
k1- your drunk!

smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 07:10
hahahaha you have all missed the point. people have been posting ad infinitum about whether he will or he won't make a comeback and now, at least, there is a press statement re his current status. everyone has gone potty...will he, won't he, the statements been vandalised, etc etc etc. does any one really care any more?

i don't but obviously a lot of people in the press seem to be making a meal of it. LH, your comment makes it sound like i was hanging on hearing from kubica. you couldn't be further from the truth. i really could't care less if he comes back or not. there are, as i previously stated, plenty of hot new young drivers coming up through the ranks. if kubica does make it back onto the grid then fine. good luck to him.

turboturtle (IP Logged)
26 November, 2011 02:29
"people have been posting ad infinitum about whether he will or he won't make a comeback"

out of the 4 forums this is the only one that has a current thread about RK. thread in itself has 40 posts (including this one), 10 of which are yours...

regards tt

Duffer (IP Logged)
26 November, 2011 07:06
LOL, k1 has an odd reality surrounding him.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

K1 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2011 08:05
TT, i was talking about other websites, not this particular site or thread. check out the entries on 'newsnow' and you will see just what i mean.

duffer, it may be 'odd' but at least it is reality. what space do you occupy these days?

F1mania (IP Logged)
27 November, 2011 02:35
Well k1
Duff could use myspace
Or fb
Or something else
You appear to be disjointed with topic
Like phstty
If you dint like thread just dint post smiling smiley

K1 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2011 05:15
not another one?

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 12:30
Kubes has a go in a rally car, but apparently is still having problems with his hand:

[joesaward.wordpress.com]

Good to see him back in a racing car, but I fear his F1 days are over.

K1 (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 21:57
saw this post and checked it out. all the images posted were of RK with his hand in his pocket. not one image of him even sitting in the car!....let alone driving. WTF.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:41
Kubica may be just an android now. We just don't know the truth. He could be just a human head on a carbon fibre and titanium robot exo-skellington. Probably means he has lost the feel to drive and F1 car to the limit but it does mean he could have a device fitted to his arm to cut through steel bars and probably hold on to a flying helicopter for ages with only one hand while smoking a tab with the other.

Then when the helicopter lands he could saw through the door, pull the bad guys out and throw them into a hedge before running off in slow motion.

wevets (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 00:34
that's crazy - androids don't smoke

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 01:45
This is Hollywood. We don't need those type of comments thanks very much.

turboturtle (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 03:24
"that's crazy - androids don't smoke"

what about bender?

regards tt

K1 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 10:42
well ozzie...that takes me back a very long time. the use of the word 'tab' for cigarette was, if i recall, used by many a scouser that i happened to meet when i said under the red duster. you aren't from that part of the world by any chance are you?

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 12:52
Nah, way south of there. I believe it's a geordy term ie. Smurkin tabs like.

K1 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2012 22:01
well ozzie, one british ship i sailed on was manned almost exclusively, in the engineering dept. by geordies. maybe i am getting confused but i first heard that term on a south african ship which had a few scouse deckies.

f1man (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 01:42
har

walk da plank!

I think, therfore i am!

wevets (IP Logged)
13 March, 2012 02:07
"what about bender? "

true.The androids in blade runner probably smoked too..they were pretty cool.

I apologise.

turboturtle (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 07:11
"true.The androids in blade runner probably smoked too..they were pretty cool."

turboturtle makes palmface; he completly forgot about blade runer, how COULD he?!

regards tt

ps rachel smoked and i think the stripper did as well (i'm not sure about the second one, time to revisit the film)

i have a friend who works with robots, when he saw one of them smoking ( very, very rare) he looked very concerned. maybe if it'd been over 18, he wouldn't have cared so much. lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/03/2012 07:21 by turboturtle.

f1man (IP Logged)
15 March, 2012 05:27
robert will be platying pool and eating pizza from herein i feel

i will call him robert Cuepizza!

I think, therfore i am!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net