f1
Latest News:
Welcome to the Racing Bulls Message board. Feel free to talk about the Red Bull Racing Formula One Campaign and anything else related to F1.........

F1 races for people without sky
crazycaz (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 15:50
Hope this is true. could make some people very happy.
F1 for non sky subscribers

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2918/crazycazsig.gif

Re: F1 races for people without sky
growler (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 17:12
Lets hope so!

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net
http://www.users.on.net/~washing/misc/RBR/growler-sig.gif

F1mania (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 18:19
Something tells me subscriptions are down
Lol
Hope they fail big time

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
24 November, 2011 22:50
I feel there must be a big boot behind this somewhere. Top nobs from the BBC are being hauled up before the government to 'discuss' the deal. I think the petition may have actually achieved something. The weight of public opinion may have had some effect. I'm amazed, but these are tough times I guess and Murdoch is a bit on the back foot, what with the confirmation that his UK operations are run by sleazebags and criminals.

f1man (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 02:14
non subsciption but pay 10 quid a month ... hang on .. lol

Mark WEBBER 9smiling smiley hit wonder :-)

Should have been 12 wins except vettel stuffed up
Japan 2007- vettel runs into back of webber during SC ...WTF
Turkey 2010- vettel decides to drive into webber
Malaysia 2013- vettel decides he is just too awesome for team rules
I am a proud Mark Webber Fan
I am also proud that we won the war
I am also a Carlton supporter
I think, therfore i am!

Duffer (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 05:36
I am for the first time confused with f1man... On FREEview for just 10 pounds? WTF? Marketing can get away with anything.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 08:48
Freeview has always had some channels you can get for a few quid extra. The basic platform is free but you can get a top up card or some such. Never used one but I guess you need a box which can take a card.

Pity this isn't going to be on Freesat as well as I've already got a box with a card slot in it.

growler (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 09:16
I'm already on Virgin, (insert your own punchline) - so, if true, this means I can continue to watch F1 without paying any extra.

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net

growler (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 14:28
Sky have officially announced their new channel - Sky Sports F1 HD - no word yet from Virgin though. Also launched is a new Sky F1 website

[f1.sky.com]

Quote:
Sky Sports is to launch a dedicated channel for its new in-depth Formula 1 coverage, taking viewers under the skin of the sport.
Starting in March 2012, Sky Sports F1 HD will get Sky customers closer than ever, with more action, analysis and information - on their TV, online and mobile devices - throughout the season.

This new home of Formula 1 will be the only place to enjoy live coverage of the whole Grand Prix season, including all practice and qualifying sessions and every race in the calendar.

From its launch, Sky Sports F1 HD will give viewers:

EVERY RACE LIVE: From March to November, every moment of each race will be live in HD, without the interruption of adverts.

LIVE PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING: Every practice and qualifying session for each Grand Prix will be shown live on one channel, Sky Sports F1 HD.

THE FULL SEASON IN-DEPTH: Over nine months, viewers will have a wealth of programmes with in-depth interviews, archive action and weekly magazine shows.

EXTRA LIVE CONTENT: Through Sky's interactive service, fans can follow the action through on-board cameras, go behind the scenes with the teams in the pits, and follow race data, to take them further inside the sport.

The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels. It will be found at 408 in Sky's on-screen guide, after a scheduled move of the Sky Sports channels. Sky Sports viewers without the Sky+ HD pack will receive a standard definition version.

Sky Sports F1 HD viewers can also follow the action wherever they are with all live coverage on Sky Go, through online, mobile or tablet devices, at no extra charge.

SKY SPORTS F1 HD
Launches March 2012
Click here for more info
Announcing the new channel, Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: "Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It's not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1.

"We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every Grand Prix, from start to finish. Formula 1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment. We have big plans for live shows and a rich line-up of Formula 1 programmes; getting to the drivers, exploring the technology and lapping up the drama.

"With a dedicated channel for Formula 1 we can also give all sports fans the depth and breadth of sports they demand every weekend, right through the year."

Jeremy Darroch, Sky's Chief Executive, added: "This brand new channel again proves Sky's commitment to investing in the best content for customers. It will give even more value to Sky customers and create another reason for others to consider pay TV.

"This is another example of the value we are creating for customers through our content leadership. It follows the recent launch of other high-quality new channels like Sky Atlantic and Sky 3D as well as our growing commitment to UK original content in areas such as drama, comedy and the arts."

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
25 November, 2011 20:33
Looks like this is only going to be available to people with some kind of Sky sub. I guess I'm stuck with highlights then or I can get another dish and get RTL coverage (with ad breaks I think) and have to link up with Radio 5 for audio. I think I'll just watch the highlights package and may lose interest. 5.30pm is a terrible time to put it on too for parents. Why not 8pm or 9pm? I'll just time shift it I guess.

Sky has got this stitched right up. Good for them. I hope it's a monumental failure just like the last attempt at getting the British F1 fan to pay for coverage.

Duffer (IP Logged)
26 November, 2011 00:51
I need to know, where does this leave me? I am still ONE HD'less...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

growler (IP Logged)
26 November, 2011 12:55
BBC have confirmed the races they will show in full:-

LIVE RACES ON THE BBC

15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

Apparently it was done on the basis of the BBC getting first 3 picks of races to show (they chose Silverstone, Monaco, and Brazil).

Sky then got to choose 3 races to have live exclusivity for.

After that they took it it turns. A further rule was neither could choose 3 consecutive races.

Wonder which race was the fat kid left at the end that no-one wanted?

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
26 November, 2011 19:31
Valencia, BBC got it. Sky is run by clever people, @#$%& though they may be. The BBC is run by commie art and media graduates. They are never going to win in a fair fight. Which means we lose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/11/2011 19:33 by Ozzy Osbone.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
27 November, 2011 10:13
Confirmation from Martin Brundle on Twitter:

Can confirm I'll be commentating on Sky Sports F1 in 2012. All races live on dedicated F1 channel + more tech features is what motivates me.

Yes I'll be doing grid walks in the future of course, it's my trademark. It's not for me announce who else is working where from next season.

I'm convinced two mighty broadcasters in Sky and BBC head to head at 10 races will be great for F1 fans overall. Be patient, lots happening.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
27 November, 2011 10:26
So what about us Aussies? is F1 going to be live on OneHD next year?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3654/webberalonso.jpg
----Webber versus Alonso----

growler (IP Logged)
27 November, 2011 10:56
If the Sky feed is available on Virgin media at no extra cost to me I'll be very happy - it does look like the Sky package will deliver more coverage than currently available on BBC.

Someone else pointed out that 2 of the races that Sky have picked for exclusivity are very dubious - Bahrain (Bernie says it will happen) and Texas (Bernie says highly unlikely).

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 21:45
Martin Brundle just tweeted:

Heard Channel 10 Oz are taking my commentary with @CroftyF1 Hopefully many other countries will too for year 16. Getting my one-liners ready

Good news!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 23:10
Good news for you guys, Crofty and Brundle are going to be great.

We've got Ben Edwards on the BBC who is probably the UK's best motorsports commentator. It's just the lack of live races.

DAMN YOU BBC AND MURDOCH. DAMN YOU ALL THE WAY TO HELL.

f1man (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 23:32
i am still nonethe wiser regarding people you live in australis

I think, therfore i am!

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 04:51
So are the races going to be live on OneHD this year in OZ?

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3654/webberalonso.jpg
----Webber versus Alonso----

chrislinford (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 14:58
I have found the Spanish channel showing F1 and will listen to Radio 5.

The Spanish TV steam can be accessed from anywhere.

Might be interested in the Freeview option but will loath giving anything to Murdoch. Not sure if I have a card box.

Chris

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 20:47
Chris, if you get a seperate sat box and a dish and point it at Astra 1, you can watch the race on RTL. Problem with this is we get James Allen on Radio 5. Highlights with Ben Edwards, or Live with The Gob? Tough call. I guess I will go for the live option. I might try this set up for Aus and see how I get on with it. Not sure if RTL have ads during the race. Anyone know? Can always have some dodgy stream running on the lappy for those times.

scoob010 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 02:26
Sorry about no link, but I did read ONE will still be showing all races live as usual. Will do some digging for linkies. BBC will still do the whole recording to pull the highlights from and are still selling that coverage to broadcasters outside the UK.

scoob010 (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 02:39
Link
Read this. I was out a bit. ONE buy the world feed from FOM which we have a deal for until 2015. They were buying the audio from BBC which they will have make a decision about for 2012. Either way we're safe for a few years at least. Ten I'm not sure about. I'd imagine business as usual with the same audio as ONE pick up.

On a side note, the link to The F1 slate on that page is quite good for a laugh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2012 03:31 by scoob010.

chrislinford (IP Logged)
23 February, 2012 13:41
I think the first race we will need a topic on what feed works best and what audio.

I think I can get RTL over the net but not sure if it is the one for F1.
I hope to get Sky over the net from Justin.tv

Chris

Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 12:10
Do what i do to watch football on sky, ask a friend who has sky to very kindly let you use their sky login.

My pc is linked to my tv using a hdmi lead and hey presto, free sky sports.

All it costs is the odd pint for my friend now and then.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
24 February, 2012 13:30
Don't think I know anyone with Sky. Maybe by bruv has it actually. I'll have to ask him.

PS: Scoob, we thought we were safe in the UK as the BBC had a deal to show all races live until 2013. Then this out of the blue.

scoob010 (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 02:30
True. The company holding the rights in Aus also has ties to our pay TV. Apparently they can move them at will I've discovered.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 11:48
The F1 Slate is hysterical, scoob!

Agreed that the Murdoch connection is a bit of a worry. However, I always said that I'd only subscribe to Foxtel once they started showing F1, provided they had full coverage.

chucky2 (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 16:10
As a sky customer I wait till the channel goes live on march 9th. They did wonders with the football coverage so f1 should be second to none! I'm hoping the deal will involve previous season replays to fill the quiet times.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad270/cgh1976/Newsig2.jpg

f1man (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 23:22
PEOPLE WHO CAN AFFORD SKY - sad smiley

i unfortunately cannot smiling smiley

go FREE sport ! smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 00:13
I've just ordered a second sat dish off ebay for 15. Will rig this up to a spare Foxsat I have lying about and tune it to Astra 1. I'm going to go for Aus with RTL and Radio 5. just to see what it's like.

f1man (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 04:58
i bet you are oz, smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 09:37
How much?

chrislinford (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 15:27
I am sure Sky coverage will be fantastic, what a line up of people, designed to kill off the BBC.
But still can not afford it if i want to go to Silverstone. So I will be looking for feeds.

Chris

Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
01 March, 2012 16:21
Hi Chris.

No family members or friends with sky? Use their login ;-)

growler (IP Logged)
09 March, 2012 11:40
Have to say with the Sky F1 Channel launching here in a few hours, the schedule does look promising. A fair bit of repeated content as you would expect from a dedicated channel, but the 1989 / 1989 / 1990 Season reviews, F1 Legends, testing coverage and Launch reviews should all be worth a watch.

Tonight

8:00pm
The F1 Show
Georgie Thompson and Ted Kravitz are joined by guests to present the latest Formula One news, highlights and previews

10:00pm
F1 Legends
Emerson Fittipaldi A profile of Emerson Fittipaldi, the Brazilian driver who won the Formula One championship in 1972 and 1974, before moving on to CART racing in the USA

10:30pm
F1 Legends
Jackie Stewart Steve Rider interviews Jackie Stewart, who discusses his successes in the 1969, 1971 and 1973 world championships

11:00pm
The F1 Show
Georgie Thompson and Ted Kravitz are joined by guests to present the latest Formula One news, highlights and previews

Saturday

10:00am
The F1 Show

12:00pm
Formula One Season Review 1988
A look back at the 1988 season, which saw McLaren drivers and bitter rivals Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost battling it out for glory

1:15pm
The F1 Show

3:15pm
F1 Legends
Emerson Fittipaldi Steve Rider interviews Emerson Fittipaldi, the Brazilian driver who won the Formula One championship in 1972 and 1974, before moving on to CART racing in the USA

3:45pm
Formula One Winter Testing
Jerez Highlights of the testing session in Jerez, Spain, where the drivers began their preparations for the new season

4:00pm
Formula One Season Review 1989
1989 A look back at the 1989 season, when McLaren duo Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost were once again challenging for glory
Category Formula One
Comment on Formula One Season Review
Rating

5:15pm
Barcelona Highlights of the second testing session in Barcelona, where the drivers continued their preparations for the new season

5:30pm
F1 Legends
Emerson Fittipaldi Steve Rider interviews Emerson Fittipaldi, the Brazilian driver who won the Formula One championship in 1972 and 1974, before moving on to CART racing in the USA

6:00pm
Special Report
F1 A look ahead to the new Formula One season, which gets under way with the Australian Grand Prix

6:30pm
F1 Car Unveiling 2012
Lotus The new Lotus design

6:55pm
F1 Like Never Before
A look at Sky's Formula One coverage

7:00pm
Time of Our Lives
Grand Prix Greats Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill and Murray Walker look back at some of the British success stories in Formula One from the 1990s. Presented by Gary Newbon
Category General Sports
(Subtitles) (Audio Described)
Comment on Time of Our Lives
Rating

Formula One Season Review
2011 Part One A look back at the opening weeks of the 2011 campaign, which got under way with the Australian Grand Prix in March

9:15pm
2011 Part Two A look back at the 2011 campaign, which started with Sebastian Vettel aiming to successfully defend his title

10:45pm
F1 Legends
Jackie Stewart Steve Rider interviews Jackie Stewart, who discusses his successes in the 1969, 1971 and 1973 world championships

11:15pm
Special Report
F1 A look ahead to the new Formula One season, which gets under way with the Australian Grand Prix

11:45pm
Barcelona Highlights of the second testing session in Barcelona, where the drivers continued their preparations for the new season

Sunday

12:00pm
Formula One Season Review 1990
A look back at the 1990 season, when Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost were once again challenging for glory

1:15pm
F1 Car Unveiling 2012
Force India A look at the new Force India design for the forthcoming season, which will be driven by Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg

1:30pm
F1 Legends

2:00pm
The F1 Show

4:00pm
1991 A look back at the 1991 season, which saw McLaren and Williams as the dominant teams
Category Formula One
Comment on Formula One Season Review
Rating

5:15pm
F1 Car Unveiling 2012
McLaren A look at the new McLaren design for the forthcoming season, which will be driven by Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button
Category Formula One
Comment on F1 Car Unveiling 2012
Not Yet Rated

5:30pm
F1 Legends

6:00pm
The F1 Show

2011 Part Three A look back at the 2011 campaign, which started with Sebastian Vettel aiming to successfully defend his title

9:30pm
2011 Part Four A look back at the 2011 campaign, which reached a conclusion with the Brazilian Grand Prix in November

11:00pm
The F1 Show

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2012 11:41 by growler.

f1man (IP Logged)
09 March, 2012 23:17
wow, crazy

is it me as i imagined watching those shows, but is it possible too much of a good thing could be a bad thing?

I think, therfore i am!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
10 March, 2012 19:26
I thought the same F1Man to be honest. F1 already takes a chunk out of my family life and it's a delicate balancing act at the weekends......

All I want is the races live. Could even do without the build up, it's all on the net anyway. F1 forum was good I guess but most of the extra stuff is tosh really.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
10 March, 2012 21:24
Watched a bit of Sky F1 and it looks OK but I wonder whether a whole channel is just too much. There are plenty of season reviews etc. but how long before they struggle to find anything interesting and fresh to put on?

Bit like Sky Movies really. Seems great at the start but then you start to see the same movies again and again and again and again.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 00:01
Plus loads of crappy betting ads, loads of stuff about homosexual footballers and some Scottish guy in a bad suit.

Glad I'm not paying for this.

chrislinford (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:31
I think the best feed I can find is:
[www.premier--streams.eu]

They keep Nascar going, which is more than most at the moment, and I watched the launch of Sky F1 with them

Let me know if you find others

The Spanish TV will be a back-up but they have ads

Chris

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:34
I'm looking at this

[www.vipbox.tv]

Are we alowed to post this here? Oh well I just have.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
11 March, 2012 22:37
Chris, I can't see F1 on that. I click on F1 and see footballists trying to touch each other's bottoms and the other wierd stuff they do.

chrislinford (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 11:31
Ozzy, you will have to wait for the shows to start before you can see anything on premier streams, it is live.

This is the link to the Spanish Channel
http://www.antena3.com/directo/

All this could go wrong, here's hoping it works. I am sure Sky will be looking for feeds.

Chris

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 19:00
My second sat dish turned up today, bought on ebay for 14.99 free p+p and it's going up tomorrow under the existing one. I've got a spare Foxsat basic sat receiver and will tune this to Astra 1 to pick up RTL. I've tried this with my main dish and Samsung Sat dish and it works fine but this is back on Astra 2 for Freesat.

So, I have proper video but with ad breaks. Second plan is to stream the Sky feed so I have Brundle and co for commentary and hopefully video on the laptop for the ad breaks. I will also have a digi radio handy tuned to Five 5 as audio backup should the stream fail and I'll just have to put up with James 'The Gob' Allen for commentary.

So really, RTL and R5 Live but I'm hoping I can stream Brundle and Crofty for commentary and also watch this during the ads.

Necessity is the mother of invention after all.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 19:03
Chris, I'm thinking all these feeds may go dark 2 minutes before lights out in Melbourne. I wouldn't put that past Murdoch at all. That's my fear. He should be happy that people are continuing his great thieving and hacking tradition. Also, my ADSL is a bit slow so I get variable results with video streaming etc.

growler (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 22:16
Chances of radio audio and stream / RTL matching up are pretty slim in my experience. Not too bad if the audio is a couple of seconds or so behind the video, but really annoying the other way around. I hate having pole position declared as the last driver exits the final corner rather than as he crosses the line.

Admin@racingbulls.net
www.racingbulls.net

crazycaz (IP Logged)
14 March, 2012 23:23
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
I'm looking at this
[www.vipbox.tv]

Are we alowed to post this here? Oh well I just have.

Ive been looking at that to. think the F1 stream is american, which is better than listening to it in spanish. I am sure i have used this before.

f1man (IP Logged)
15 March, 2012 05:26
i wish we would know what the go is in aus

i mean ok ok, yes first race is in da bag and will be on normal telly

but the rest?

give me a break and let me know foxtel/sky/rupert whoever you are !

I think, therfore i am!

chrislinford (IP Logged)
15 March, 2012 21:01
Ozzy
The streams have really good people on and will advise what to do, normally just refreshing your browser/reload site. I plan to have four working to ensure feed.
Milo has found http://www.firstrowsports.eu/
This also plans to show and manages football well.

I will feed back what works well after the qualifying, I will not be up tonight for the practices.

Bookmark as many feeds as possible is my advice, Spanish is the perfect backup and legal. They will also show practices.

Good luck everyone

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/03/2012 21:03 by chrislinford.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
15 March, 2012 22:28
Thanks for that Chris, more the better!

crazycaz (IP Logged)
16 March, 2012 03:27
Well that was good. But to many adverts.Watched sky feed. on
free f1 feed

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net