f1
Latest News:
Welcome to the Racing Bulls Message board. Feel free to talk about the Red Bull Racing Formula One Campaign and anything else related to F1.........

Hamilton Red Bull stories
mungo47 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2012 08:24
This one keeps coming back.
[joesaward.wordpress.com]

Re: Hamilton Red Bull stories
Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
20 January, 2012 13:05
Quote:
Webber will either retire or go to Ferrari, where he would be a good team-mate for Fernando Alonso, if Felipe Massa does not shape up this year.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3654/webberalonso.jpg
----Webber versus Alonso----

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
20 January, 2012 21:30
I don't follow the logic of this. Jenson Button beat him this year. No luck, no circumstance. Jenson beat him over a season.

I rate Hamilton as an all time great which is why I am confused and delighted at my fave driver's success over him.

I don't see Lewis at Red Bull to be honest. I think that would all blow up in a big way.

What I think we may see this year is Hamilton's best ever year of racing. I would put money on Hamilton for the 2012 title. I think I will actually.

mungo47 (IP Logged)
20 January, 2012 22:33
I think LH had a similar problem as MW with tyres last year,if he's worked it out i think he'll trounce JB this year.

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
21 January, 2012 01:37
What about the Webber to Ferrari in 2013 comment.

K1 (IP Logged)
21 January, 2012 04:38
MW to ferrari? same old same old. button did a great job on hamilton last season and i cannot see, at this stage, why he couldn't do the same again this year.

i don't rate hamilton to anywhere near the same level as ozzy. that is his opinion and that is fine. button has moved up another gear and hamilton will need to have a lot going his way if he is to reverse the situation.

anyway, we are all urinating into the breeze until we see where the new car performance per team pans out.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
21 January, 2012 06:25
I felt it was more Hamilton dropping a gear then going up a gear, I mean you were ragging on how@#$%&he was constantly and they were close enough for it to be one or the other imo.

http://www.users.on.net/~loud_howard/webber/sigs/webbersiglatest4.jpg
http://www.patronisef1.com - My solution to F1's 'bore' problem.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
21 January, 2012 20:32
I think Mungo is correct, it was the tyres for LH and MW. But that's no excuse. Same for everyone. Jenson winning the WDC and then hammering Lewis has made me very happy but I still rate Lewis as probably the best driver in F1 today, up with Vettel and Alonso. Doesn't mean any of them can't be beaten.

But odds on, Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso are going to come out ahead of 99% of team mates. In my humble view.

Duffer (IP Logged)
21 January, 2012 22:44
Hamilton is certainly one of the fastest drivers, and is great when up the front. He seems to have trouble handling difficulties I think. This is something Alonso is getting great at given the sub par Ferrari he has had since he went there.

I just wonder what Seb will be like when the going gets tough too. Will he be able to settle for fourths etc.?

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

K1 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 06:07
i think button upped his game and the 'goose' lost it as a result, give or take a race or two.

button was the man at maclaren and when hamilton was put under pressure he choked. no one denies hamilton is fast, very fast, but so are a lot of others but some of those others have more maturity IMO.

Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 16:29
Jenson did not beat hamilton, hamilton beat himself up.

Alonso, vettel and Lewis are easily the fastest out there IMO.

phatjack (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 16:45
Quote:
Whitey*~@
Quote:
Webber will either retire or go to Ferrari, where he would be a good team-mate for Fernando Alonso, if Felipe Massa does not shape up this year.

Mark is a good #2 at RBR why would he go to Ferrari to be another #2 that is struggling?

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith." - Einstein

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 20:51
I agree Wolf, even as a Jenson fan. Hamilton should beat him 9 seasons out of 10 and I think he probably would. No point hiding from reality.

K1 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 21:53
if we assume that both cars are identical then what are the odds on hamilton beating jensen ?

mungo47 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2012 22:13
8/1

f1man (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 02:13
if tires are same as lasst year giver or take- logically jenson will beat lewis again.

Mark WEBBER 9smiling smiley hit wonder :-)

Should have been 12 wins except vettel stuffed up
Japan 2007- vettel runs into back of webber during SC ...WTF
Turkey 2010- vettel decides to drive into webber
Malaysia 2013- vettel decides he is just too awesome for team rules
I am a proud Mark Webber Fan
I am also proud that we won the war
I am also a Carlton supporter
I think, therfore i am!

23 January, 2012 09:17
Hamilton lost countless points through brain fade, i really cant see him being that bad again.

Blackburn rovers beat man u recently, i bet they dont for another ten games.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 09:27
Id put it more like 2/1. JB is no fool in an F1 car and is still under-rated to this day even with all he has done. But I think Lewis would beat him over a season 9 times out of 10. We'll see I guess. If JB can do it again, a lot of people are going to have to admit they were wrong either about Button or Hamilton. Myself included.

K1 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 09:36
well ozzy, i am trying to make sense of your post. you say the odds are approximately 2/1 then qualify that with a possible 90% success rate for hamilton? that equates to a finishing position over a season of 20 races with hamilton finishing in front of button 18 times to button's finishing in front of hamilton twice?

that doesn't quite add up.

23 January, 2012 11:23
2/1 is generous i would go evens.

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 12:53
I'm sure every F1 driver would want to spend some part of their career at Ferrari, whatever their status and chances.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

K1 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 21:14
well HGW, i'm inclined to be a bit adventurous and support your odds.

if, and that is a big if, hamilton can curb his 'blindside' he may stay in front but given the way he drove last year that is not a given.

my money is on button simply because he is not only fast but he can be aggressively tactical as well. so many intra- team battles coming our way this season. webber and vettel....button and hamilton....ricciardo and verge etc etc etc. let the good times rip.

f1man (IP Logged)
23 January, 2012 21:48
yeah jenson is no slouch, i definately rate him more after last year

if old tyres - hammy all the way all day long

new tyres- jenson will come to the fore

saying that lewis will smash jenson this year without true reason and analysis is just feel good moments playing tricks with ones logic

anywho

go webs

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 03:42
well F1 man your summary is correct..i think. there are other differences though that came through last year. webber and hamilton, so the story goes, both had difficulty in adapting to the tyres.

in hamiltons case though there was a plethora of ridiculous attempts to make passing moves that simply did not work. without that he would have done much better. his dismal performance therefore cannot be put down simply to tyres, unless of course you argue that he wouldn't have had to try those ill timed passing moves if he had a better control of his tyres. that would be a long bow.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 20:29
K1, I was taking odds over a season, not per race. If Lewis were to score 18-2 to JB then he would win every season for all time.

K1 (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 21:03
sorry oz but i was talking about one season, this season. if as you state hamilton would beat JB 'nine times out of ten in a season' then over this season, '12, that would 18/2 ? do you get my drift?

it has nothing to with any other season.

f1man (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 21:47
true k1 has a point - an odd is an odd or just percentages

half of something real actually does not exist at all, as you cant have a half of something that exists that would defy reality

I think, therfore i am!

24 January, 2012 22:44
An odd is for gambling, its not a stat for 8ull5hitters to manipulate.

Stick stats where the sun dont shine.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
24 January, 2012 23:39
I don't think you can directly take the odds someone is using for whom will come out on top over a season and apply that on a per race basis. He said over a season, not in a season after all.

I'd imagine this is why someone like Webber would have better odds for winning a race than winning a championship - there are enough variables and form variability for him to win a single race - they get generally smoothed out over a season though.

f1man (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 00:51
good point loud

webs odds for championship would be dismal but i would love to change my sig to 8 hit wonder smiling smiley go webs

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 09:23
okay, let me state it in a different manner. ozzy said that he thought that hamilton would, over a season, come out on top, meaning in front of button, nine times out of ten.

over a season which has twenty races the that would equate to hamilton finishing in front of button eighteen times out of twenty.

this is not about winning races just finishing positions over a season.

it seems perfectly clear to me. individual race odds are a completely different issue.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 13:34
Well, I read it as out of ten seasons, he'd come out on top nine times (nine seasons) - I'm sure the man himself will enlighten us.

K1 (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 20:27
what part of 'over a season' [singular] don't you understand loud?

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
25 January, 2012 21:47
Blummin eck. Just typed a massive post and the site timed out on me.

Jist of it.

Loud is correct. Over 10 seasons, I predict Lewis will finish ahead of Jenson in 9 of them, regardless of individual race results.

Apologies if I didn't make this clear.

Given that it's 1 each so far at Macca, I may be proved wrong big time in the next 10 months. I hope so.

Go JB.

K1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2012 00:55
okey dokey, that is completely different in context to what you originally posted ozzy. it is now far clearer. it is a very long bow to make that assumption though as it is highly unlikely that they would ever share the same car for that period and once they are split team wise the possibility of comparisons becomes entirely fruitless.

the better comparisons are by season, each season, whilst they are both driving for the same team. at the moment it is 50/50. where will it be at the end of the season? as i said earlier i believe that JB will come out on top this year but it will be only a 'bees dick' between them.

K1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2012 01:07
a quick calc re points scored over both seasons so far gives hamilton a total of 467 and button 484. so there is not much in it at all however given that maclaren is hamilton and hamilton is maclaren it was to be expected that he would have the edge over button until he had it all sussed. as the points indicate/validate finishing positions over all races button is edging hamilton over the two years.

we should revisit this at the end of the season however should the pendulum swing wildly either way i fully expect to see bragging rights become a regular feature. haha

26 January, 2012 08:31
You should be a politician mate.

K1 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2012 09:48
now that is below the belt HGW. you can call me what you like but a pollie....no thanks. i am not that devious.LOL

26 January, 2012 10:12
(Sm22) (Sm128)

Duffer (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 05:09
Ozzy's first post is particularly clear in stating that it was "over a season" not in a season. Also, given he stated the same thing much clearer a few posts prior by saying "Hamilton should beat him 9 seasons out of 10 and I think he probably would" you should have been able to understand.

Your brain fart of a post you are trying to worm out of is just ridiculous. Have you convinced yourself he was wrong or are you open to a little re-think?

Apologise to Ozzy now!

K1 (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 08:07
well duffer you really do have problems. ozzy's first post said 'nine seasons out of ten' then, four posts or so later, he changes it to read 'over a season', singular.

he later posts that his statement was ambiguous and he clarifies his position and apologises, which i have duly noted as being a much clearer situation.

why don't you take the time to read before shouting off. we have moved on since then. therefore your post is irrelevant and should be consigned to the trash can.

toptoy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 12:27
You all sound like little old men agrueing at their bingo table in a nursing home over who's balls hang the lowest.

Seriously, get a grip, who cares, what's the point?

Here a point for you though, seeing as the Aus Open is on -
">Impressive
!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 20:36
Mine are around my ankles. Anyone beat that?

toptoy (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 22:24
Drag on the floor baby, I have a special little cart that for them.

That's how I roll!

Duffer (IP Logged)
27 January, 2012 22:49
Over a season means just that you dope. Otherwise he would have said within a season. It might not be worded perfectly, but it seems you are the only one on the board that didn't understand.

K1 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 02:05
you sound like a worn out record duffer. grow up. the debate has moved on or hadn't you noticed. the poster himself has said that it was ambiguous [for the second or third time] but you still blag on. i have no intention of arguing this with you. it was amicably discussed some time back.

28 January, 2012 07:54
It may have been ambigous, but everyone else understood it straight off (Sm128)

Duffer (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 07:58
It isn't an argument mate, i am just pointing out that which it is impossible for you to see. Futile i guess, but you were wrong.

K1 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 20:50
in your dreams duffer in your dreams. just consider the original statement then see if it makes sense....which is what i did and ozzy qualified it a few posts later.

does it make sense to postulate a win/loss ratio between two drivers over a ten year period ? yes, ten seasons equals ten years of which ozzy thought that hamilton would win nine of them. thats fine but fantasy land.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
28 January, 2012 23:43
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m588/portmanteau_nail/GIFS/buffy_popcorn.gif

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 00:31
I like pasties.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 00:36
When you say like, you mean hate. It doesn't make sense to like pasties over any period. I think your comment is ambiguous and regardless of what you respond with my position is correct and was reached in a logical manner.

K1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 01:55
i like the chick ozzy, don't know about the pasties though.i am just waiting for duffer to put his usual seal of approval on LH's poor attempt at sarcasm...you may be good at whatever you do LH but never try and make a living out of comedy. it's not your forte.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 02:52
You on the other hand, could definitely take your little show on the road.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/01/2012 03:14 by LoudHoward.

K1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 05:22
maybe loud, maybe, though i would most likely be broke within the first week.

toptoy (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 06:34
I drag my balls in a cart.

F1mania (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 12:08
Lol
I love tiff time smiling smiley
Loud is ok but he's arrogant
And when he thinks he is correct
He will go to great lengths proving it
With fancy grammar
Just makes you look sils hehe
smiling smiley
I bet loud doesnt even know he is arrogant
So loud my friend
Zip the lip cup cake occasionally smiling smiley

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 18:54
Roflmao fancy.

f1man (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 21:49
(Sm128)

I think, therfore i am!

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 21:54
Wait until I start using latin in my posts f1man! (Sm100)

K1 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 22:39
F1 man, try LH out on 'superbus preeo a cado' ands see where it takes you.

f1man (IP Logged)
29 January, 2012 23:43
why not you say it K1 and see where it takes you smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

Duffer (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 04:04
LMAO.Loud is a very funny man. K1 yes you are right. You'd definitely go broke.

f1man (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 05:25
duffer

loud is a funny man

now thats funny duff oh i mean loud

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 06:04
hahaha. duffer. that's why you and i are so different. i happen to know i would go broke and you don't.

F1man, i gave you the quote because it happened to connect to the central assertion of your post.

f1man (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 06:23
goodness me K1 talk in englisho to me - lol

duff is loud - loud is duff they always compliment each other, and louds humour... ho hum each to their own but yeah not my cup i guess

anywho as jim courier would say

"this is ridiculous!"

haha

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 06:36
hahaha F1man. yes...sometimes it is hard to distinguish between the two, i agree.
the quotation simply dealt with your accusation that LH suffered from one of the deadly sins...that of arrogance. does that explain it?

f1man (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 07:04
thank you sir awesome answer- direct and to the point love it

I think, therfore i am!

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 09:19
What the hell is going on in here haha.

Who is that chick eating popcorn Loud, is it Buffy the Vampire layer?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2012 09:21 by Whitey*~@.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 10:06
Buff The Vamp Slay is so good grinning smiley

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 12:14
7 deadly sins:

1. Lechery/lust
2. Gluttony
3. Avarice/greed
4. Acedia/discouragement/sloth
5. Wrath
6. Envy
7. Pride

Arrogance?

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

K1 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 21:30
arrogance..7.5. i included it into the SDS so as to draw attention to the fact that arrogance is a distasteful attribute. thank you for your contribution to the minutiae. i learn each and every day!!!!

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 21:45
I could probably make a meme out of this; Hows this for a first go early in the morning?

f1man (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 21:57
syd thats gold !

I think, therfore i am!

f1man (IP Logged)
30 January, 2012 21:59
couldnt one argue though or lets say debate, that the context of the sentence itself would have religious undertones to start with so loud and k1 i believe syd has gone BAM take that !

lol

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 01:00
hypocritical? surely not LH. no prize for second. i personally think, that arrogance can be easily conveyed by the written word. it is not necessary to actually have met the person involved. was it necessary to post your image?

in summary,i am merely reflecting on what F1man had posted and perhaps you should direct your defence of arrogance to him. what i think is of secondary importance or perhaps no importance at all.

f1man (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 01:32
lol
thats gold K1

take that loudy BAM BAM

gosh we all do this every year .... bring on testing!!

hehe

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 03:24
hahaha F1man, on the money. syd's post spurred me on to do a little research as i cannot get out to cut the grass which is a mile high!!!

apparently king sol's list of seven/eight sins in the book of proverbs includes one is that of 'pride' which in turn segues into 'hubris' which is another word that can mean 'arrogance'.

roll on testing.

K1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 03:38
i have no desire to post a demeaning proposition loud but shouldn't you be seriously considering a reduction in your calorific intake.

to be quite candid, if i was that far overweight i would not be putting my image up there for scrutiny as it advertises another of the seven/eight deadly sins....gluttony and that is further worsened by sloth. what came first....the sloth or the gluttony?

i will refrain from making a meal out of it if you know what i mean.

f1man (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 04:14
tut tut, it took courage to do that- dont hit a man when hes down k1 ..

reminds me of ..

anywho all good

we are all nearly going through testing times smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

Duffer (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 06:00
The difference between myself and Loud is that he actually thinks about his posts. He posts exactly what I would could I actually be bothered researching the topics.

I don't, which is why I pretty much now only provide commentry on others and add no real benefit to the message board itself.

K1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 07:28
well, a somewhat candid and obviously honest approach. the problem with that though duffer is that if LH is wrong and you continually agree with whatever he says then you are equally wrong.

something along these lines says, 'if i agree with you then we'd both be wrong'.

enjoy your evening.

31 January, 2012 08:45
I have never yet known a lewis hamilton thread not to descend into a farce (Sm128)

Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 08:52
Vampire layer (Sm129)

K1 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 10:20
does that mean HGW that you are not a fan of hamilton?

F1manIa (IP Logged)
31 January, 2012 10:30
Oh poor duff
Go end it now :/

That's easy

I could have been a marathon runner
If I didn't go out when young and smoke
Lol Jim courier ridiculous ! Hehe
Btw k1
I was actually thinking the same thing after post
Then you did the research and confirmed it
smiling smiley
Thank you

Duffer (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 02:48
LH is never wrong.

f1man (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 03:00
thats a ridiculous statement duff

everyone is wrong, and if nooone is wrong, then they have never taken a chance in their life or made any descisions

anyways LH is frequently correct- frequently wrong- smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
01 February, 2012 21:18
Lewis is the second coming. At least that's what Nicole says.

f1man (IP Logged)
02 February, 2012 04:18
lewis coming and nicole in the same sentance is bygone history now oz hehe

I think, therfore i am!

Jock (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 13:09
Gone for months but I see nothing's changed!

(Sm22)

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Jock_Sig-1.jpg

K1 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2012 22:57
is that really you jock? welcome back.

Jock (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 12:41
Back I am. New season, same old whinges :-)

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Jock_Sig-1.jpg

K1 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2012 22:24
gold coast or melbourne?

f1man (IP Logged)
07 February, 2012 03:36
adelaide or perth

I think, therfore i am!

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net