f1
Latest News:
Welcome to the Racing Bulls Message board. Feel free to talk about the Red Bull Racing Formula One Campaign and anything else related to F1.........

What has happened to Hamilton?
Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 11:23
The driver I once knew who had an epic season against Alonso in his first year in F1 is now letting a driver like Button beat him in races even when Lewis is on pole he still let Button beat him, once upon a time if a driver like button beat lewis into the first corner Lewis would up his race pace and hound his team mate and go hard And try to get passed but I seen none of that today from Lewis, where has Lewis epic raw speed gone.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3654/webberalonso.jpg
----Webber versus Alonso----

Re: What has happened to Hamilton?
Whitey*~@ (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 11:36
Seeing what Hamilton did to Alonso when they where team mates yet he can't do to button what he did to Alonso, is Button better than Alonso or has Lewis lost it.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3654/webberalonso.jpg
----Webber versus Alonso----

SydneyF1Fan (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 11:54
I think Button is much better than people give him credit for. Lewis can't keep up.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/03/2012 11:55 by SydneyF1Fan.

Alison G S (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 15:10
Lewis is working his way through the driver numbers.... 1, 2, 3 and this year 4. We'll have to wait and see whether he really wants number 5 next year.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Alison1958/1192301257_alisongs.pnghttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Alison1958/adminteamvu4.jpg

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 19:47
I think Jenson is far better than most give him credit for and I think he always has been. Some of us saw it and kept the faith! His drive today was simply peerless. Pure genius.

Lewis? My view is slowly changing. Give him a car and any driver in the history of F1 the same car and I would put a tenner on Lewis putting in 3 faster laps.

But it's these tyres. He has yet to work out how to manage them. He seemed to be getting the idea last year but this is Jenson's territory really. Remember Prost? How many races did he steal because he sussed the tyres and fuel better than anyone else?

I think if you put these cars back on Bridgestone hard tyres and said go race in equal cars, Lewis would smash everyone on the grid. But he hasn't worked the Pirellis out yet.

Last year he let his head drop. He has to somehow work out how not to do that again. If he does, Jenson will destroy him.

I think he has the talent and the speed in bucket loads. He just needs to make it work on track.

K1 (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 21:59
button is rising considerably in my estimation. for most of his career i never rated him but now.... a different story altogether. he is a complete driver and his skills are becoming increasingly obvious.

i will now add button to my 'best' drivers list along with webber and alonso.

as for your last comment ozzy, i have to disagree. speed is one thing but talent embraces far more. button is head and shoulders above hamilton in the talent department and it is showing. a whupping over the next few races will destroy hamilton. in my opinion he was fortunate insofar as webber was all over him and at the end and one more lap and he would've been relegated to fourth.

Flasheart (IP Logged)
18 March, 2012 22:41
Hamilton was trying so hard to keep his petulant side under wraps in the presser yesterday. Button is rising in my estimations. It's not just tyre management now, he seems to be getting quicker. He's certainly not the driver who often was more than matched by Rubens in the Honda.

K1 I disagree that Webber would have got past Hamilton with one more lap. Watching the live timing he was consistantly quicker through the first two sectors but lost about 2/10 in the third. The RB8 straight line speed deficit really hurt him even with DRS open.
Both the McLaren and Merc are pretty slick in a straight line which will make it difficult for Red Bull to pass them.

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 00:36
Quote:
K1
i will now add button to my 'best' drivers list along with webber and alonso.

Webber? List...losing...credibility...oh and there it goes.

http://www.users.on.net/~loud_howard/webber/sigs/webbersiglatest4.jpg
http://www.patronisef1.com - My solution to F1's 'bore' problem.

Duffer (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 03:23
He must have a better than best list which features Seb...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

K1 (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 03:35
how predictable....'dumb' and 'dumber' adding their respective intellectual comments. as i have said before...what a pity, so many clowns and only one circus.

JoeyRedBull (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 04:33
He hasnt lost it, Button was just on it that day and hamilton not as quick as he was yesturday - also its always an advantage to have clearer air! Nothing wrong with Webber... except his horrid starts

toptoy (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 07:19
I stayed at the same place as all the Macca team & got invited along with some of them to the f1 afterparty at 'Eve' club, long night & I had to fly back to Tassie. Had a quick chat with JB's dad & Ron Dennis. So I am stuffed but got some great info. I'll post later when I have slept. Apparently there's a reason for shambles woes (slows) with the car.

Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 08:24
I will have a tenner with you ozzy.

Red Macca (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 13:14
Unfotunately Webber is not in the same class as alonso,Vettel, Button and Hamilton.He had his chance but cannot sustain his form

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2012 13:18 by Red Macca.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 17:27
How are we going to prove it Hall?

Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
19 March, 2012 20:08
Fooooooooooook knows mate.

But he would. He drives a car like he is playing a console game.

turboturtle (IP Logged)
20 March, 2012 08:57
"button is rising considerably in my estimation. for most of his career i never rated him but now.... a different story altogether. he is a complete driver and his skills are becoming increasingly obvious."

ditto. hahaha.

i think he matured very well, he seems very level headed nowdays. not the fastest driver on the grid, but then what matters is who crosses the finish line first.

regards tt

ps toptoy, wake up, you've had enough sleep!

toptoy (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 12:10
Ok tt, sorry for the delay & apologies to growler too for not helping out with the board thus far - I have a new baby complete with reflux & my work computer is having trouble with the sportnetwork sites.

Anyways, the inside is that prior to Melb FP1 I was told that macca's car has quite a different philosophy in that they are creating a very low pressure under the divers legs/beginning of the tub & that was the reason why they went with the lower tub height & swoopy nose. Was told that this was giving them a different result with front tyres & that Button would be quick out of the blocks if there was a safety car. From a Mac applied tech boy - that from the testing sessions the Ferrari had an inbalance that was quite bad in meduim speed turns & that Redbull had a similar issue but at least they had more scope to trim the car however in doing so it would be very draggy, subsequnetly their gearing would be lower and overtaking on straights pretty much not doable. I would have liked to seen the race at home cause at the track both RBR's were hitting the limiters around the pit exit point most of the weekend.

Apparently Macca will be running a V6 that name starts with R & ends with D!!!

That last year RBR where running with butterflies wide open (which was well known) but with significant ammounts of fuel and were using transmission braking & loading the kers generating unit to hold the torque so they could create much much larger ammounts of exhaust flow through the diffuser (also why they had so much trouble with their KERS units). Apparently the renault donk really is that much more efficient.

Don't be at all suprised if Ricci is poached (or even leased out) sooner rather than later.

If Shambles can win two more WDC's ROn will give him the an orange F1 LM that is he original LM prototype that macca still has.

& lastly I felt quite sorry for alot of the guys working in f1, there are so many ass kissers & hangers on that they don't often get to meet normal people & appreciate meeting someone who likes the sport for the it's innovation. Probably why I got invited along to the after party - which honestly sucked, I had two beers & left.

The experience was good & I made a couple of good contacts rode with a few team guys to the track on Sat/Sun so hopefully will get some good paddock passes for next year as I'd like to see some more of the behind the scenes dialing in for FP's & stuff.

There is more but I can't share it. Maybe next year I can find out where RBR are staying & stay there too.

f1man (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 02:54
what has happened to alex yoong

damn he was fast and now cant even make it through to q2

Mark WEBBER 9smiling smiley hit wonder :-)

Should have been 12 wins except vettel stuffed up
Japan 2007- vettel runs into back of webber during SC ...WTF
Turkey 2010- vettel decides to drive into webber
Malaysia 2013- vettel decides he is just too awesome for team rules
I am a proud Mark Webber Fan
I am also proud that we won the war
I am also a Carlton supporter
I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 06:34
all good stuff TT. thanks for sharing that. too often we get fed rubbish and scraps wrapped up in deluded posts from the great uninformed.

what exactly was it that you couldn't divulge???

f1man (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 03:04
um k1 stuff that TT cant tell

lol!

smiling smiley

I think, therfore i am!

K1 (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 07:13
really!!!!!!

mungo47 (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 12:25
Any more on the Ricci comments TT,that has me intrigued as to where he'd go to.

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 20:02
HRT probably. Who's going to poach the guy? Ferrari? They are the only team above TR who need a driver replacing and surely that seat is in Perez's hands?

Are RBR going to bin Webber now that he's out qualified Golden Balls twice on the trot?

I just can't see any seat in F1 better than the one he has where he would actually be wanted. He must be a shoe in for Webber's seat anyway so he's surely not going anywhere, that would be plain stupid.

f1man (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 01:21
jean eric vergne drove awesome on weekend, made ric look a bit silly tbh in my opinion

I think, therfore i am!

LoudHoward (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 01:30
Looked pretty similar, JEV didn't pit for wets and would've been gobbled up if not for the red flag...got a free change of tyres out of that then which put his out of sequence position (artificially high) back in sequence.

http://www.users.on.net/~loud_howard/webber/sigs/webbersiglatest4.jpg
http://www.patronisef1.com - My solution to F1's 'bore' problem.

Duffer (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 04:12
Credit though to JEV for not binning it in the monsoon with inters on... He and Perez.

toptoy (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 12:57
Mungo & K1 - I'd love to tell but can't. Or I could but then paddock apsses next year & a top bloke who lose his job/contract. I can't even say the field the work in with MAP without it pointing the finger. Sorry, I wish I could.

IndyAndy (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 13:08
Lewis pretty much lived up to the 'hype' surrounding him right off the bat: Jensen didn't for the longest time, but eventually developed into a top notch driver.

The fact that it took him several years to do so is the reason why so many people will always see Button as overrated - and wonder what's wrong with Hamilton whenever Button beats him.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/IndyAndy/sig_.jpg

K1 (IP Logged)
28 March, 2012 21:14
toptoy, my comment was TIC and i fully understand. i too have a connection to the paddock and most of the time his comments are considered non confidential but if he says to me'off the record' then i respect that. if not....no more informative chats.

still if you prefer to 'codify' some further info that would be great hahaha

f1man (IP Logged)
29 March, 2012 03:18
yep k1

haha

like the ads of years back

no means no lol!

nice point re button and hammy indy, i havent looked at it like that before but makes sense to me

go bull

I think, therfore i am!

Ozzy Osbone (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 00:22
I think Jenson was stellar in his first year in F1 and I think it was yet another crappy driver descision of Williams to farm him off. Their speciality it seems. He may have lost his way and by the time he found it again, was stuck with crappy cars but you could see in the BAR / Honda years that he was damn good. He destroyed JV totally in his own quiet way. In my view he was never properly supported in the Renault years. Flav never rated him.

I guess all we can do is draw direct comparisons of drivers in the same car. Fisi arguably had the better of Button. Alonso destroyed Fisi. Hamilton matched Alonso, arguably beat him. Button beat Hamilton. So does that mean that Button is better than Alonso but worse than Fisi, who Alonso beat?

I guess the truth is that Jenson has found a sweet spot in his career. He has his WDC after years in the wilderness. He has a secure contract in a top 3 team and he has nothing to lose.

Lewis on the other hand is probably in his mind at least a 5 time WDC. Every year that ticks by is extra pressure. He's going through a totally different set of emotions. This was the guy who was going to beat Schumi's record remember. Then RBR and Vettel come along and ruin everything. Not only that but then his team mate beats him as well.

I think Lewis will be WDC again more than once. He has the talent. He maybe just needs to get his head around it all.

Duffer (IP Logged)
30 March, 2012 14:11
I am not so sure. If LH get's another title, then I'd say it'll be just the one.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net