Latest News:
Register Rules Back to Top New Message Search Edit Profile
Please use this forum to post all your Mercedes GP thoughts and views, as well as getting into the wider field of Formula One.
Please only post in English, and remember to check the rules out first. This site is monitored, and abusive or threatening
behaviour won't be tolerated. If you see something you don't like on the message board, email us.
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

14 Sep, 2011 11:58 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
Hall_Green_Wolf
Date Joined: May, 2007
Re: MONZA GP PRACTICES QUALLY & RACE
Sorry parm but after meeting DC in person on several occasions i can only speak what i found, not what you think i should be saying or not saying.

DC was charming and seemed very intelligent,had plenty of time for the fans and has actually driven an f1 car and won, hence why i take his opinion over any fan on a internet forum.

Maybe if i met alonso he could change my perception of him i am not blinkered like that depsite what you think. as for schumi what a great sport he was on top gear to the british public, top bloke, does not change what he did to damon etc he will always be an ar5e for that.

AS for the prtending things dont happen bit about me, what that is pure 8ull5hit mate how can you 'pretend' something did not happen (Sm22)

Lewis never lied to the stewards you know it was all made up , he never hit the back of kimi in the pit lane you all imagined it, get real mate.

ReplyQuote

14 Sep, 2011 19:02 Report
traction control (IP Logged)
MS drove a good race,The rule 20.2 does not tell you how much you can move.

dont they use gps/tracking and can tell how much he is moving left too right.

ReplyQuote

14 Sep, 2011 19:28 Report
traction control (IP Logged)
[video]http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/video-the-flying-lap-with-peter-windsor[/video

give a listen.

[formula-one.speedtv.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2011 19:28 by traction control.

ReplyQuote

14 Sep, 2011 19:31 Report
In The Pits (IP Logged)
Quote:
Georgian Supremacy Lieutenant
I have no problem admitting Michael Andretti was only a one podium guy

Why would you throw such a disgusting insult at Andretti? Why do you keep insulting and abusing people like that? I just don't get it. You must have some kind of crazy inferiority complex.

Sessions, you should add that word to your list, this is a family room.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1/1002/Bilder/nico-rosberg-mercedes-jerez-514.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2011 19:56 by sessions.

ReplyQuote

14 Sep, 2011 19:36 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
I think they let it go because the whole thing made for better viewing without blatant blocking in a rather boring overall race. MS seems to know just how far the rules can be challenged. I doubt you'll see him get away with it again in the near future.

sessions

ReplyQuote

14 Sep, 2011 19:54 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Pits,

As far as adding more words to protect our family oriented site goes:

It's futile because everyone can use numbers or other means of getting foul language into the system. In reality all of us know when we are using inappropriate language and it's the posters responsibility to use the English language to his or her advantage rather than to get lazy and use foul words to express themselves.

We as monitors can edit them out and will if it that's how it has to be, but I would rather not have to do that to others opinions and choice of words. It's seems it would be a lot easier to post something more interesting than to resort to vulgarity.

sessions

ReplyQuote

14 Sep, 2011 19:58 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
Quote:
sessions
I think they let it go because the whole thing made for better viewing without blatant blocking in a rather boring overall race. MS seems to know just how far the rules can be challenged. I doubt you'll see him get away with it again in the near future.
sessions

(Sm152) My thoughts exactly.

ReplyQuote

15 Sep, 2011 10:07 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
On 2nd thoughts..........

Now, wether a rule is right or wrong i think we all agree at least they should be consistent.

Well explain this then, what a joke!

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER got away with blocking Lewis Hamilton in Italy — because the stewards were not watching.
The German swerved in front of his McLaren rival as they battled for third at Monza last Sunday.

Schu's tactics, which brought only a note of caution at the time, left Hamilton's team fuming.

And steward and Ex-F1 racer Derek Daly admitted: "It was a blatant double block. But on lap 20, race director Charlie Whiting asked stewards to look at an incident between Felipe Massa and Jarno Trulli.

"While looking at the slo-mo video of this, I missed the Schumacher-Hamilton incident.

"When I looked at it again at home, I believe Schumacher should have been given a drive-through penalty."

ReplyQuote

15 Sep, 2011 10:42 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Merlin wants to hear this one too. Please continue.
Date Joined: Jun, 2004
Derek Daly is a complete village idiot. You mean to tell me he didn't see the 20 replays the rest of us did? He's in the freaking control center for God's sake. He can see anything he wants.

Oddly, every other steward saw it. 20 times. He's the only one that missed it?

Well, considering it's Derek, I guess that's just par for the course.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/Parminio/McLaren-Fan-Site-Sig_zpsa459d1ea.gif
New McLaren Fans Forum: McLaren Fans

ReplyQuote

15 Sep, 2011 10:47 Report
Herman Munster (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Mar, 2010
NO he shouldn't. He's Michael and therefore can do no wrong. (Sm115)

Seriously, what a load of BS. have you seen how many of them there are in that room with Charlie Whiting? They were all looking the other way were they? If thats the case how come Charlie told Ross to warn him? If they had been told to look at the tapes of a previous incident, who come they didnt look at this too? Sounds to me like this is just an excuse for letting him get away with it.

http://www.itv.com/formula1/blogs/the-big-debate-did-michael-schumacher-step-over-the-line-at-monza-8752/b5b85971-07ed-48ea-89c3-754fb9d53d96/PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=70&v=1&w=512

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2011 11:01 by Herman Munster.

ReplyQuote

15 Sep, 2011 11:04 Report
Quote:
Derek Daly is a complete village idiot

You are right of course. Everyone is who don't share your view...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2011 11:04 by Herman Munster.

ReplyQuote

15 Sep, 2011 17:40 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Pitpass.com has a poll asking if Michael should have been penalized or not.
The numbers currently favor that Schumacher should not have gotten a penalty.

Penalty: 37.64 verses No penalty 63.36

I'm surprised Daly would make a statement that contradicts his actions against his thoughts. I doubt we'll see him as a steward again.

sessions

ReplyQuote

17 Sep, 2011 02:25 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Oct, 2009
Quote:
Parminio_USA
Derek Daly is a complete village idiot. You mean to tell me he didn't see the 20 replays the rest of us did? He's in the freaking control center for God's sake. He can see anything he wants.
Oddly, every other steward saw it. 20 times. He's the only one that missed it?

Well, considering it's Derek, I guess that's just par for the course.

Always thought Daly and Windsor were made from the same mold. Windsor was more of the village idiot thinking he could launch an F1 Team coined USF1. Though I must admit Windsor's post race interviews were colorful.

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith." - Einstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2011 02:27 by phatjack.

ReplyQuote

17 Sep, 2011 04:15 Report
f2005 (IP Logged)
Quote:
sessions
Pitpass.com has a poll asking if Michael should have been penalized or not.
The numbers currently favor that Schumacher should not have gotten a penalty.

Penalty: 37.64 verses No penalty 63.36

I'm surprised Daly would make a statement that contradicts his actions against his thoughts. I doubt we'll see him as a steward again.

sessions

I doubt we will see him again, too.

IMO I preferred the irrational decision of stewards who were not race drivers to those who are

There is always an agenda when a controversy occurs

Also we never got hog wash in the form of I was looking at another video when incident occurred when the World heard Ross say they were contacted by Charlie

Back on topic. If I were Nico, I would be looking for another seat. Mercedes say they want a long future with him, yet I do not recall any of the heads 'jumping into the TV' when he was leading the race in Spa

I always get the feeling that Mercedes feel the wrong driver is in the lead

ReplyQuote

17 Sep, 2011 16:11 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
What's up Phatjack?

sessions

ReplyQuote

17 Sep, 2011 18:29 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
sessions, I chuckled at you pitpass poll for obvious reasons.

ReplyQuote

17 Sep, 2011 22:27 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Which caused me to re-check it and Lewis is gaining a little momentum.

No Penalty after 24 hours- 60.48

Penalty after 24 hours---- 39.52

I'll stick with it provided good viewing in a bland race, and Button breezing by, and Schumacher re-passing Hamilton didn't help the cause for Lewis.
Add those two items and Daly to the equation and "Voila" no penalty.

Chuckle chuckle, sessions

ReplyQuote

18 Sep, 2011 07:52 Report
f2005 (IP Logged)
Quote:
sessions
Which caused me to re-check it and Lewis is gaining a little momentum.
No Penalty after 24 hours- 60.48

Penalty after 24 hours---- 39.52

I'll stick with it provided good viewing in a bland race, and Button breezing by, and Schumacher re-passing Hamilton didn't help the cause for Lewis.
Add those two items and Daly to the equation and "Voila" no penalty.

Chuckle chuckle, sessions

Schumacher re-passing was the move of the race.

I thought I was dreaming as he did it on the outside

If after 24 hours that is the dent Lewis achieved, I won't expect anything better from the poll results

I question Daly's excuse. Claiming the deed was not clear. I never saw black and White TV feeds or grainy coloured feeds when they focus on Charlie and his team.

The best 'overtaker' in the sport could not get past the German Truck. Just Like Alonso not passing Petrov increased his stock from Abu Dhabi

ReplyQuote

18 Sep, 2011 08:46 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
The best overtaker did get past the german truck, the german truck then re took him.

ReplyQuote

18 Sep, 2011 12:26 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Lewis always said he was glad Michael returned because it would allow him to race with one of the great names in the sport.
If that dual hadn't have of happened all of us would be commenting on how uneventful the race was.
It gave both of them credibility IMO because it showed close combat at high speeds with surgeon like moves without contact over and over.
If it were the two seater type F1 or Indy cars and if it were any of us in the back seats we would have had the thrill of a life-time doing those laps, not to mention our soiled trousers.
I really think it was like a dog with a bone for both of them, something they will chat about and remember forever.

sessions, and we saw it !

ReplyQuote

18 Sep, 2011 15:29 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Merlin wants to hear this one too. Please continue.
Date Joined: Jun, 2004
Quote:
sessions
Lewis always said he was glad Michael returned because it would allow him to race with one of the great names in the sport.
If that dual hadn't have of happened all of us would be commenting on how uneventful the race was.
It gave both of them credibility IMO because it showed close combat at high speeds with surgeon like moves without contact over and over.
If it were the two seater type F1 or Indy cars and if it were any of us in the back seats we would have had the thrill of a life-time doing those laps, not to mention our soiled trousers.
I really think it was like a dog with a bone for both of them, something they will chat about and remember forever.

Well said.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/Parminio/McLaren-Fan-Site-Sig_zpsa459d1ea.gif
New McLaren Fans Forum: McLaren Fans

ReplyQuote

18 Sep, 2011 20:27 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Quote:
sessions

Would Lewis had said less if had the opportunity to race Prost?

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 00:28 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Phatjack,

Most likely not, but MS was closer to his debut and a very dominating figure with his abundance of record holding stats. Plus Alonso had beaten Michael and Lewis didn't get that opportunity and most likely wondered how he would fare against the Schumacher since he beat Alonso for a world championship.
Prost may boarder on ancient history to a twenty something year old just entering the fray. Who knows what goes through the minds of primo F1 drivers. Just a guess on my behalf, but I'm pretty sure they all admire the great names and wish to be compared.

sessions

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 08:53 Report
Regarding the pitpass pole, Surely the pole was about whether Schumacher should have “gotten” a penalty for his driving irrespective of who was behind him. To include the following driver just turns it into a popularity contest not a judgement on whether his driving was outside the rules or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2011 16:28 by Herman Munster.

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 17:56 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Munster,

Good point, but it went beyond a popularity contest IMO.
Take the drivers names away and re-witness those laps of excitement. If I were a stewart I surely would have been monitoring those two closely because there was little else to keep an eye on. I'm not sure of the pecking order in the decision making process in their viewing booths but they seemed as confused as Daly was. Hind sight can be 20/20. but in this instance it still seems disputed. The poll of fans also seem unsure. Lets take 10% away for your popularity view and that puts the numbers @ 50/50.
The lead car did stretch to the limits on numerous occasions but did it so closely to the regulations that a penalty was in question. One time after re-viewing it I saw a reason for a warning, (which I believe was called into Ross) and then it was back to making the car as wide as possible in the circumstances.
My friend like one of them or not that was exiting and a masterful drive by both combatants, regardless of their names.

sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2011 18:00 by sessions.

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 17:59 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
It was the best racing of the season by far for me.

Munster, good point about the popularity contest.

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 18:15 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
I agree it wasn't one smooth move or a pass but lap after lap of down home racing.
I'm of the mind that little episode has re-ignited the sleeping giant in those 42 year old bones. I'm looking forward to a strong performance out of him for the remainder of the season.
I also think it was a wake-up call for Nico. Resting on his well done work of last season has come to a crushing halt.
It's time to go for the gusto and pull out all the pins.
The old boy will be pushing hard, and Nico must be aware that Michael has the scent of blood.

Go MGP...

P.S. This may be the exact reason Ross brought Michael into the fold. To make the talents of Nico into a future for Mercedes or put him into that grey area of a Nick Heidfeld.

sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2011 18:20 by sessions.

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 19:11 Report
In The Pits (IP Logged)
Sessions I have to give you 10/10 for your optimism at every opportunity. smileys with beer

Nico was taken out so we don't know how well he might have done on the harder tyres. Don't you think its a bit early to be talking of that being a wake up call for Nico? One swallow doesn't make a summer. The car is a dragster like we already discussed, if it had been at the Hungaroring not an oval type track, they would have been in their usual places. Its pretty obvious that McLaren got the gearing wrong for Hammy, Button was a bit faster and easily passed and so would hammy if he hadn't been on the rev limiter and / or blocked so much. In fact if he had a slightly taller gear he wouldn't have been blocked.

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/formel1/1002/Bilder/nico-rosberg-mercedes-jerez-514.jpg

ReplyQuote

19 Sep, 2011 19:37 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
That's the point, McLaren miscued and Mercedes profited. But, the actual driving abilities of Michael and Lewis became the highlight of the race. When cars become equals we see a different view. The driving expertise out shadows the speed.
As far as Nico goes I have great faith in him and I agree totally that he got the short end of the stick through no fault of his own. The hard tire start set up was a perfect scenario for the team. Too bad what happened happened.
I just think the combination of both of them has been slow to develop and it was the overall plan of Ross to have it take-off with the first time MS returned to the track. Now it seems to be coming to fruition.

sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2011 21:30 by sessions.

ReplyQuote

20 Sep, 2011 16:06 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
We at Mercedes GP would like to thank all those who contributed to this thread. We all seemed to have a good chat about the race and vented opinions without conflict.
Hope the Singapore race proves as interesting. we look forward to your posts.

MGP

ReplyQuote

20 Sep, 2011 16:57 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
(Sm128) thanks for letting me squat here.

ReplyQuote

20 Sep, 2011 18:26 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
HGW,

No problem, our Casa is your Casa, on to Singapore.

sessions

ReplyQuote

20 Sep, 2011 20:04 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
Cheers.

I for one hope vettel sails off into the sunset and seals it, its been a long slow painful inevitable death for non vettel/red bull fans.

Hopefully teams will experiment for the rest of the season a hell of alot, so what if you come last trying something new, these bulls needs raining in, they are that far ahead they do not need any team orders despite trying, which is lucky for them as webber has been/is useless imo.

P.s. My advice, when schumi calls it a day or if nico gets the bullet get di resta in, that kid has got his head screwed on tellin yers.

ReplyQuote

21 Sep, 2011 08:52 Report
Why would Nico get the bullet?
Last year he beat MS hands down. So far this year he's ahead in points. Apart from a few dragster tracks Schumacher has generally driven poorly and been beaten by Nico, so if Nico is under threat why not schumacher? Nico has performed better than schumacher, and its normally the lower scorer who is under threat if anyone.

Agree on Di resta, said it myself.

---------------------------------------------------
Well done Lewis. New driver, new era.

http://images.watoday.com.au/2013/07/29/4610200/art-svLHAMILTON-620x349.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2011 08:55 by Herman Munster.

ReplyQuote

21 Sep, 2011 09:53 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
No reason, just throwing it out there mate.

ReplyQuote

21 Sep, 2011 14:56 Report
In The Pits (IP Logged)
Paul di Resta is a future superstar in my book. We should be looking to young talent like him and Perez.

ReplyQuote

21 Sep, 2011 16:04 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
I agree DiResta is an up and comer.
As far as our current drivers are concerned I for the first time since they started would say they are gelling and performing as a double threat. Granted the car also seems to be developing in the same direction as well.
As Herman mentioned I see absolutely no reason to question Nico. He got off to a rip-roaring first season driving more out of the car than it had, and hasn't paled this year. He's only experienced a little bad luck that goes with the territory for every driver now and then, nothing to fret over. Michael got off to a terrible first season return attempt and drove the car maybe a little below what it offered (who's to really say) and he encountered a stint of that bad luck as well. But this season he has re-found his groove.
So IMHO why even consider strangling a singing canary.
Off to the remaining races and see what this years MGP reaps before we start changing things all around.
We as fans tend to be a fickle bunch with minimal provoking at times, don't you think ?

sessions

ReplyQuote
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net