Latest News:
Register Rules Back to Top New Message Search Edit Profile
Please use this forum to post all your Mercedes GP thoughts and views, as well as getting into the wider field of Formula One.
Please only post in English, and remember to check the rules out first. This site is monitored, and abusive or threatening
behaviour won't be tolerated. If you see something you don't like on the message board, email us.
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
3 Oct, 2011 16:48 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Date Joined: May, 2007
Questions over US Grand Prix
Seems there are questions over funding and applications. Looks like they wish to establish a new group of promoters that will require approvals from all sides, Bernie included.
Article reads somewhat convoluted.

Go to: Formula 1 update.net

Hopefully not another USF1 type thing.

Anyone know more details ?

sessions

ReplyQuote

3 Oct, 2011 16:54 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
Hall_Green_Wolf
Re: Questions over US Grand Prix
Que parm (Sm3)

ReplyQuote

3 Oct, 2011 17:24 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Was rather hoping I already did. lol

sessions

ReplyQuote

3 Oct, 2011 17:52 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
Lol Yeah.

To be fair, parm called this as a farce from the word go.

ReplyQuote

3 Oct, 2011 18:16 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Merlin wants to hear this one too. Please continue.
Date Joined: Jun, 2004
I hate being right all the damn time.

To be fair, it's not TOTALLY over yet, but you can see the end from here.

There hasn't been one bit of construction done in two months now. The original answer given to that was that they had a limited draw on the monies allocated for construction. In other words, they can't start building again until the next months money was sent so that the contractors could be paid.

Well, that time has come and gone and there is still no work being done. The funny part was that the Red Bull team even questioned why nobody was at the track at all for their promotional gimmick they did. That was QUICKLY hushed up.

This is yet another case of Red "I'm a useless twit" McCombs not wanting to spend or invest a dime of his money. To date, he's not spent one red cent. They were hoping that the money from the City of Austin and the State of Texas would just come flooding in. It hasn't. Now, they're trying to jump ship and sell everything off to yet another group of "investors".

The whole thing, as I said, has stank to high hell from the word go. I said then it was a sham and a farce just like USF1 was.

This is the 5th update of financial trouble. What's worse is it's the first time they've admitted wanting to switch the ownership rights, something that was never even mentioned before.

Once they start all that crap, it's over.

It's going to end up the same way as USF1: Some smoke and mirrors that made it look like something was actually happening turned out to be absolutely nothing and a lot of investors are going to be broke and the race is never going to happen.

What makes it even worse than that? It will be the 2nd consecutive F1 project FULLY BACKED AND LAUDED BY SPEED TV (a FOX station) that has not only fallen flat on it's face, but was shady and seedy from the outset.

Knowing all of that, is anyone really surprised?

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/Parminio/McLaren-Fan-Site-Sig_zpsa459d1ea.gif
New McLaren Fans Forum: McLaren Fans

ReplyQuote

3 Oct, 2011 22:41 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Well, truthfully I do want F1 to return, but to Texas was never my wish. Somehow the east or west coast sounds like the best bet.

sessions

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 13:09 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
I loved the race at Indy. But when you charge 45 million to host a race and then you let Monaco have it for free, you're GOING to alienate a LOT of people.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/Parminio/McLaren-Fan-Site-Sig_zpsa459d1ea.gif

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 15:54 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Isn't that just another ongoing inconsistency. F1 seems to be overwhelmed with rule changes, but at the same time never allows for an even playing field.
I'm surprised it actually has survived all the years its been in existence. Maybe the term (smoke and mirrors) originated the same year F1 was founded.
Since I've followed it nothing changes, or should I say everything chances but nothing changes.

sessions

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 19:40 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
Its a bit weird there is no USA track in F1 calender. Bernie is kind of blinded by the powers he has over F1.

...or se...le.

Ofcourse there should be race at us. Maybe in some weird way Bernie want the series out of US??

http://image.redbull.com/rbcom/0010/1/320/213/001/424/237/rosberg-hamilton-mercedes-launch-2013.jpg

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 19:57 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
Bernie is minted beyond our wildest dreams by the the power he has mate and we keep coming back for more.

Like he gives a f.uck what we think the calender is more than full year in year out.

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 20:46 Report
IndyAndy (IP Logged)
STR site Admin
Do you want there to be an even half-way viable chance at establishing a new USGP?

I have a two word suggestion for you.

Street race.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/IndyAndy/sig_.jpg

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 22:32 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
@HGW

True that. But there is so little we can do. So better just enjoy the show than go fishing.

http://image.redbull.com/rbcom/0010/1/320/213/001/424/237/rosberg-hamilton-mercedes-launch-2013.jpg

ReplyQuote

4 Oct, 2011 23:26 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Say what?!

No, sir! I'd rather be fishing! Get your priorities in order, for crying out loud!

ReplyQuote

5 Oct, 2011 01:47 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
You know what. why not take it to the Glen ? It worked for years. Give it a Silverstone face lift and call it a day.

sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 01:48 by sessions.

ReplyQuote

5 Oct, 2011 07:32 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
@Parm

LOL

p.s. i also like fishing, i have my own boat and all but still!! Come on!

ReplyQuote

5 Oct, 2011 16:32 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Two heavy pieces of construction equipment showed in Austin with 14 more pieces on the way today. Looks like they are back working and responding to press pressure ?

sessions

ReplyQuote

8 Oct, 2011 16:36 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
More dog and pony show. Spend 40 or 50 thousand dollars to have some rented equipment move some earth, get a couple million more dollars, then shut it down again.

Same crap.

It's just like when SpeedTV was showing a machine making parts at the USF1 plant. It was all BS. I even said that the housing being ground was a NASCAR transmission, but nobody believed me.

More smoke and mirrors is all it is.

I mean, really. Do you guys REALLY think a 250 million dollar project can be built like this?

ReplyQuote

8 Oct, 2011 22:41 Report
TheContrarian (IP Logged)
As much as I want to see F1 in America again, I too am cynical after the whole USF1 debocle. To see troubles in Austin this early on is not good at all.

I loved going to Indy, because it was only a little over 2 hours from my house. The Glen would be awesome.

When they did the seat swap with Hamilton, I loved seeing the F1 car around there. DC seemed to really like the course as well. Great history as well.

To me, though, It does need to be a destination place. I am not opposed to another street race, but we don't have a place like Monaco...and don't even say Vegas, please.

I don't know where the best place would be. Indy was cool, but the track was a snooze.

I wish they would have run out through the tunnel and re-purpose the golf course. It could be a much improved track if they could use both the course on the inside and out to make a more challenging course.

Back to Austin...fingers crossed for now. I remain cautiously cynical...optimism is not there yet.

ReplyQuote

9 Oct, 2011 17:07 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
The name Indy sounds great but as The Contrarian says "It's a snooze." Don't know if they would spend the money to re-do it.
Hey Contrarian, where are you located. I grew up in Toledo.

sessions

ReplyQuote

13 Oct, 2011 23:26 Report
I am in central Illinois. Bloomingto-Normal, in fact. It is a short trip across I-74 to get to Indy. Heading there this weekend actually.

My wife is running a half-marathon, and I am going here...

www.fastimesindoorkarting.com

Great fun!

ReplyQuote

14 Oct, 2011 19:02 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Hey, sounds great. Hope you enjoy and your wife makes the podium.
Take care, sessions

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 00:56 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Oct, 2009
Quote:
IndyAndy
Do you want there to be an even half-way viable chance at establishing a new USGP?
I have a two word suggestion for you.

Street race.

Like those F1 GP's held in Detroit and Phoenix? Next someone will suggest F1 hosts a GP in a parking lot in Las Vegas.

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith." - Einstein

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 10:25 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Make it American, in a Walmart parking lot.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 15:14 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
I went to the Detroit GP twice. It was a great race if you ask me. I remember watching the last race win of the old Cosworth DFV V8 in '83 with Alboreto at the wheel. If memory serves, it was also the last win for Tyrrell in F1.

Great stuff. Good memories.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 16:41 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Parm,

Was that at Belle Isle ? Actually that's not that bad if they resurfaced it, Kind of like Melbourne.
Motor City GP has a ring to it, but limited passing again.
Don't you feel Watkins Glen would work as well ?

sessions

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 17:14 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Quote:
Parminio_USA
I went to the Detroit GP twice. It was a great race if you ask me. I remember watching the last race win of the old Cosworth DFV V8 in '83 with Alboreto at the wheel. If memory serves, it was also the last win for Tyrrell in F1.
Great stuff. Good memories.

Wadtkins Glen 1979 holds some special moments in F1 history, Now we watch some NASCAR fellas proving they are just as good.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 17:15 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Nope. F1 never raced at Belle Isle that I know of. They were supposed to start racing there in '90 I think it was, but it never worked out.

It was like Monaco back then: Carved straight out of the streets of downtown Detroit. It literally was the Detroit Grand Prix. It was perfect. We'd hole up on Larned street right in front of Sons of Italy Pizza. Best on earth. Ever.

As far as the Glenn goes, It could work, but to get it up to the "we sit on golden toilets and wipe our butts with 1000 dollar bills" F1 standards of today would take too much money.

They're not quite that stupid up there just yet. Or that gullible.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 17:47 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
I think what you mean to say is that an F1 GP state side is doomed to failure.

Though I think given the demographics of the US of A ... the northern states is where F1 should focus on.

I find myself rooting for the Detroit Lions and Buffalo Bills again, F1 can leverage off of that.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 18:25 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Quote:
phatjack

I'd prefer that you not put words in my mouth for me. I have plenty, thank you.

The truth is, F1 without a communist/oil shiek/dictatorship government that spends 100's of millions of dollars that don't exist is pretty much doomed.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 20:03 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Who really knows what the outcome will be, lets hope Austin isn't another sham.
The sad truth is F1 seems to thrive without the United States.

sessions

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 20:18 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf
Thats the thing, the race calendar is choc a block so the jedi merchants will always win.

ReplyQuote

15 Oct, 2011 23:43 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Actually, FOM is thriving. F1 itself is losing money hand over fist. Simple reason being that nobody is buying up long term, high dollar broadcast rights anymore. That's why it's borderline pay-per-view right now: They're desperate for money.

The only money being made is by FOM through payoffs from Asian nations and oil shieks.

That's why the teams are so @#$%& off as well. They're not getting any big deals anymore. TV contracts suck to high hell. Local tracks are losing out because it cost them more to host the race than it's worth, but FOM is just knocking down more money than ever by taking payoffs from everybody that wants a race even when they know full well most of them will never happen.

It's only a matter of time (and not much of it) that the bottom is going to fall out of it and these nations will realize that they're not getting the recognition from the rest of the world that they thought they would get by buying an F1 race.

World Cup is the same way. They've sold out to them as well. It's NOT going over well...and will in all likelihood be a disaster of epic proportions.

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 03:52 Report
turboturtle (IP Logged)
" but FOM is just knocking down more money than ever by taking payoffs from everybody that wants a race even when they know full well most of them will never happen."

sounds like "the producers" spinoff....

regards tt

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 14:10 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Quote:
Parminio_USA
Quote:
phatjack

I'd prefer that you not put words in my mouth for me. I have plenty, thank you.

The truth is, F1 without a communist/oil shiek/dictatorship government that spends 100's of millions of dollars that don't exist is pretty much doomed.

Parm, all F1 ventures state side have failed. Though you can argue otherwise.

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 14:54 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
All F1 ventures have failed everywhere at some point or the other. Once again, you make no point.

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 15:38 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Parm you make a point, but North of the US of A the F1 continues to be strong.

Maybe you can explain why?

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 18:47 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Well, gee...since you were cancelled and not on the 2009 calendar at all, why don't you tell me about your great uninterrupted success?

OH...don't tell me: You didn't know that because you've followed F1 for only the past year and a half. Sorry about that.

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 19:33 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
It seems to be a struggle nearly everywhere. Korea closed the doors after the race and opened them two weeks before the race. Singapore has future doubts along with Melbourne and others.
Sadly the US is structurally broken with internal problems and lack an overall interest in F1. If they can't call themselves "World Champions" they aren't interested.
When the Blue Jays won the "World Championship" all hell broke loose. The least watched World Series in history.
It's money mixed with culture as it is everywhere, IMO.
It's also an independent powerful unilingual country between two large ponds that somewhat nurture blinders.

I'm all ears to hear otherwise.

sessions

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 19:41 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Make no mistake: The U.S. doesn't care at all if they have a champion. We never did.

The only thing we need is to not be bankrupted over hosting a race. That's all.

We love F1. We always have. We had F1 before nearly anybody else ever did. The problem came when they told us, "You have to pay 1 million dollars or we wont race here" and we knew full well that we couldn't sell enough tickets, cokes and hotdogs and commercials to pay that amount of money.

For us, F1 is bad business.

Turns out it is for everybody else too. It's just that they have governments and shieks that pay for it no matter what to try to build credibility with the world.

They're now finding out that nobody cares.

This race at Korea was just horrible. There was NOBODY there. Not only that, the teams showed up to find the same food in the fridge they left there last year for God's sake. That's how bad it all is.

It doesn't matter who you are: There is no such thing as a financial success of an F1 race unless you are FOM. Everybody else, and I do mean EVERYBODY else, gets screwed.

ReplyQuote

16 Oct, 2011 20:38 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Yes and no, so far we as viewers for the last three or four decades have witnessed some pretty top notch racing, so it isn't all bad.
Will the bottom fall out of it. Possibly, but until then gives us more reason to enjoy our sport.

All things end sooner or later. I can remember when we use to walk in a teeming clean downtown Detroit without the fear of being shot,mugged until the late hours of any evening.

Hang in there and enjoy, life will find a way of throwing everyone a curveball in the end.

sessions

ReplyQuote

17 Oct, 2011 01:31 Report
I, for one, would love to see an American win in F1, but that is not the reason why I watch it. No, I don't have to have it to be a fan.

I also DO think the money being charged by Bernie to host the race is ridiculous. I loathe the sight of Tony George, but that was the best thing he ever did was to tell Bernie to get lost.

F1 will only get healthier as a series once Bernie is gone. Get him and his cronies out of the way. His value has long since past in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/10/2011 03:11 by TheContrarian.

ReplyQuote

17 Oct, 2011 04:36 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Contrarian,

Good points. I think if an American or two were in F1 and with a decent team, interest would build for a F1 race there.
The money issues surely complicate this as well.

sessions

ReplyQuote

18 Oct, 2011 01:31 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Quote:
Parminio_USA
Well, gee...since you were cancelled and not on the 2009 calendar at all, why don't you tell me about your great uninterrupted success?
OH...don't tell me: You didn't know that because you've followed F1 for only the past year and a half. Sorry about that.

Parm remind us how many sites have hosted a GP over the last 20 years state side?

Then preach to me about uninterrupted success.

ReplyQuote

18 Oct, 2011 17:21 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
We've had two in the last 20 years. One in Indianapolis and one in Phoenix.

And Canada has had...oh my...only one? At the same place? And not constantly?

I would ask what the point is, but it becomes clear that not only do you not have one, but you go out of your way to prove it each day.

ReplyQuote

20 Oct, 2011 02:50 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Parm that does include or exclude the years 1981-1988 or 1992-1999, or did F1 just decide to race during those periods in the US of A?

ReplyQuote

20 Oct, 2011 11:01 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Ummm...well, let's review what you asked:

Parm remind us how many sites have hosted a GP over the last 20 years state side?

Going back 20 years, since this IS 2011, means that I only went back to 1991. You know...20 years...like you asked.

So now you're on about the 80's?

You really need to put whatever it is you are drinking down...or up your medication. Or both.

ReplyQuote

22 Oct, 2011 10:39 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Jan, 2011
AutoSport.com

Formula 1 is set to have two grands prix in the United States from 2013, with plans for a race around the streets of New Jersey expected to be confirmed as early as next week.

Although F1 is returning to the US for the first time next year with an event in Austin, Texas, Bernie Ecclestone has made no secret of the fact that he would like another event in the country - with his preferred location being New York.

Ecclestone told AUTOSPORT last year: "It's happening. We are talking to them and trying to do our best. Let's see what happens."

High level sources have revealed that the plans have now reached fruition, and an announcement is expected to be made by New Jersey governor Chris Christie and other local politicians next week.

It is understood that the New Jersey GP will take place in June 2013, so it can be a back-to-back race with Canada, which will then leave the Austin event to keep its place at the tail end of the schedule to tie up with the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Last year, the Mayors of Weehawken and West New York revealed that they were in the preliminary stages of talks with a group of investors, led by former YES TV Network executive Leo Hindery Jr, to hold a grand prix in the area from as early as 2013.

It is not confirmed where the track will be, but it is likely to run along the banks of the Hudson River - using the waterfront and the iconic Manhattan skyline as a backdrop.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday that a press conference has been scheduled at Port Imperial in Weehawken for next Tuesday, where an announcement could be made.

ReplyQuote

22 Oct, 2011 13:16 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
F1 racing along the Jersey Shore ... lol, I think MTV has a reality series titled by the same name.

If I was Eccelstone I would try to have a race hosted in Philadelphia it would be like a Rocky VI.

ReplyQuote

22 Oct, 2011 15:42 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
New Jersey is so broke it can't pay attention. In fact, it is so broke that like Illinois, it is simply not paying anybody anything owed. Now they're going to come up with GP money?!

LMAO! Yea. Right. Sure. That's going to happen.

You know what? A buddy of mine STILL HAS the actual poster for the Formula 1 Grand Prix of New York...that NEVER happened.

Once again, a lot of talk, some suckers investing some money, then a bankruptcy filing and a bunch of lawsuits is all that is ever going to happen with this. It's already happened in the same damn place 2 times.

Some people never learn.

ReplyQuote

22 Oct, 2011 16:12 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
All joking aside, It's sad to see the economy in the toilet. The lack of keeping the eye on the ball and spending on all the wrong things for over a decade or so has caught up big time. It's going to take some serious sacrifices and working together to get beyond our current woes.
As much as we all wish for a USGP, other issues need to be addressed so spectators can afford to spend enough to even take in such an event.

sessions

ReplyQuote

22 Oct, 2011 18:54 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
A lot of people dump a LOT of@#$%&on Indy for giving up the USGP, but at the end of the day they did the right thing. It was a simple matter of it cost three times the money to host the race than the race ever made. You can't go on like that.

These new venues are doing it now because the money hungry people that don't give a damn about anything but embezzling what they can keep pushing them to do it swearing that EVENTUALLY it will start to pay off.

It never does.

Turkey just found that out the hard way just like so many others before them.

It's only a matter of time before the communist and oil shieks get tired of waiting for that big pay day that never comes as well.

It's all about greed. It has absolutely nothing to do with the sport.

Put me in charge, and we have a USGP as well as all of the great tracks of Europe back on the calendar overnight and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM will turn a profit or at the very least break even. It's actually quite simple to do.

ReplyQuote

23 Oct, 2011 17:00 Report
Parm...I have to agree with you on many levels. I said that before that was the best thing Tony George ever did was to tell Bernie to get lost.

I can't see a GP in Jersey either. I live in Illinois, my wife is an independent contractor with the state, we raised taxes, and they still can't pay her regularly for her services. It is pathetic. All the mis-directed policies and bloated public-sector payrolls, un-funded pensions, and welfare entitlements...we can't keep it up at the state or federal level.

But back to F1...yes, wouldn't it be great to bring back all the great tracks in Europe...a solid USGP...maybe even a couple in the US...all with reasonable fees and all making money.

Yeah, the simple part is to get Bernie out, CVC go away, moderate hosting fees,and the teams split revenues 50-50 with formula one. Simple, clear racing rules and non-pay-per-view TV coverage. At least that is where I would start...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2011 17:02 by TheContrarian.

ReplyQuote

25 Oct, 2011 00:49 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Quote:
Parminio_USA
A lot of people dump a LOT of@#$%&on Indy for giving up the USGP, but at the end of the day they did the right thing. It was a simple matter of it cost three times the money to host the race than the race ever made. You can't go on like that.
These new venues are doing it now because the money hungry people that don't give a damn about anything but embezzling what they can keep pushing them to do it swearing that EVENTUALLY it will start to pay off.

It never does.

Turkey just found that out the hard way just like so many others before them.

It's only a matter of time before the communist and oil shieks get tired of waiting for that big pay day that never comes as well.

It's all about greed. It has absolutely nothing to do with the sport.

Put me in charge, and we have a USGP as well as all of the great tracks of Europe back on the calendar overnight and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM will turn a profit or at the very least break even. It's actually quite simple to do.

Parm, in a way I agree. Otherwise if the NFL unlike F1 was looking to promote the sport on a world stage there were better places than Wembley to showcase it's stuff.

ReplyQuote

25 Oct, 2011 17:14 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
I doubt the NFL will fly on a global stage. It's an American sport and hardly gets notice over the Canadian border let alone in other parts of the world.

sessions

ReplyQuote

25 Oct, 2011 19:50 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
The NFL started NFL Europe some years ago, but it didn't last. It was sort of like MLS is here: A minor league farm team orginazation where if a player gets good enough he gets poached.

Other than that it was pretty much a waste of time.

They still play some preseason and regular season games in England that I know of because:

1) They're still contracturally obligated from the NFL Europe deal before it collapsed.
2) It is HUGELY successful. Every game ever played in England has sold out in less than 90 minutes of the tickets going on sale.

It think it's just that "once a year, lets see what this is all about" crowd that makes it a successful event. But getting the NFL to work on a huge scale in Europe is like trying to make soccer work on the same scale here as in Europe. It simply can't be done.

ReplyQuote

25 Oct, 2011 20:20 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Jan, 2011
Thing is that in Europe Soccer is like religion. It's the main sport. F1 is miles behind in numbers when it comes to followers. Bernie with all his greed one still has to give him credit for managing to make the sport an international one with a good following even in Asia and so on.

ReplyQuote

25 Oct, 2011 21:08 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
That's my point. You guys grew up with soccer, we grew up with the NFL. It's the bread and butter sport of our nations respectively. Getting one to work on the other guys turf just doesn't work.

A friendly match or two would of course sell out due to the curiosity factor. The "let's check this out just once while it's here" people will always sell out one or two events.

Success beyond that is a pipe dream...for any sport.

ReplyQuote

26 Oct, 2011 02:06 Report
Jay (IP Logged)
I agree on that. Nothing works better than Cricket in my country.

The Indian GP is great for F1 enthusiasts here, and unlike Singapore or Korea we do have good number of motorsports activities going on at ground level with good fan base, but the sheer passion for cricket overwhelms everything else.

http://www.feederr.com/2913/size/468x60/border/d3d4c3/bg/bf0202/title/c4acac/text/ffffff/

ReplyQuote

26 Oct, 2011 09:20 Report
turboturtle (IP Logged)
"Nothing works better than Cricket in my country."

i live in australia, so i can vouch for that. lol

regards tt

ReplyQuote

26 Oct, 2011 15:39 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
It's Official, New Jersey confirmed for a late race in 2013.

What do you think ?

sessions

ReplyQuote

26 Oct, 2011 22:24 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
It'll happen and I'll be racing in it for McLaren. They're gonna can Jenson in favor of me as I have more experience.

OH...by the way...I also have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I'm looking to sell, and about 238 acres of beachfront property in Arizona that's a real steal.

ReplyQuote

27 Oct, 2011 00:54 Report
phatjack (IP Logged)
Looks to the LFL expanding to Arizona and New Jersey sooner as it seems to have a broader appeal than F1 in the US of A.

ReplyQuote

27 Oct, 2011 05:40 Report
Jay (IP Logged)
Quote:
turboturtle
"Nothing works better than Cricket in my country."
i live in australia, so i can vouch for that. lol

regards tt

lol.

in australia it's rugby and next tennis / cricket as far as i heard.

http://www.feederr.com/2913/size/468x60/border/d3d4c3/bg/bf0202/title/c4acac/text/ffffff/

ReplyQuote

27 Oct, 2011 10:31 Report
turboturtle (IP Logged)
actually it's australian rules football first, everything else runs a distant second.

regards tt

ReplyQuote

28 Oct, 2011 09:52 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
We Finns have Icehockey and Floorball. And F1 and WRC.

ReplyQuote

30 Oct, 2011 06:42 Report
Demented (IP Logged)
Quote:
Parminio_USA
It'll happen and I'll be racing in it for McLaren. They're gonna can Jenson in favor of me as I have more experience.
OH...by the way...I also have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I'm looking to sell, and about 238 acres of beachfront property in Arizona that's a real steal.

Swap you a nice bridge in London for the beachfront property?

ReplyQuote

14 Nov, 2011 16:14 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Parm,

Well it looks as though things are amuck in Texas as you've indicated all along. It sounds as though Bernie wants payment by December or the USGP in Austin is off the books for 2012.

It's pooh or get off the pot time for the Lone Star state.

sessions

ReplyQuote

14 Nov, 2011 23:01 Report
Well...just read a couple of articles on the subject. Pitpass and Autoweek. Interesting. Seems a bit of a power struggle between Epstein and Hellmund perhaps. The striking difference in tone from statements that have come out lead me to believe the Epstein feels he is getting short-changed somehow and is trying to assert himself to more prominence.

Speclation on my part, as I try to read between the lines. I would much prefer to go see a race in Austin than New Jersey...shame the people in this country can't seem to get their act together with F1...

ReplyQuote

15 Nov, 2011 01:15 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
They seem they can't get together on anything, look at the politics, the fading middle class and the economy. F1 somehow doesn't appeal to their racing mentality. Too worldly or some weird idea it isn't American enough. "Don't buy the foreign car syndrome" H e l l I don't know, but it's not an easy fit for most Yanks it seems.

Take it back to the Glenn !

sessions

ReplyQuote

15 Nov, 2011 14:57 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Quote:
sessions
Parm,
Well it looks as though things are amuck in Texas as you've indicated all along. It sounds as though Bernie wants payment by December or the USGP in Austin is off the books for 2012.

It's pooh or get off the pot time for the Lone Star state.

sessions

Yep. I hate being right all the damn time. One thing about F1 you can pretty much count on here in the States:

If SpeedTV endorses it and promotes it, it's a financial scam that is doomed to failure. I mean, go right now and check out SpeedTV in the Formula 1 section. You will NOT find one single story about any of this. They post promotion only. Any time anything questionable has come up, SpeedTV ignores it and burys it with a positive spin story a week or two later.

Gotta love the Murdoch folks. They've got their hands in everything...and all of it is corrupt as hell.

ReplyQuote
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net