Latest News:
Register Rules Back to Top New Message Search Edit Profile
Please use this forum to post all your Mercedes GP thoughts and views, as well as getting into the wider field of Formula One.
Please only post in English, and remember to check the rules out first. This site is monitored, and abusive or threatening
behaviour won't be tolerated. If you see something you don't like on the message board, email us.
3 Feb, 2012 12:08 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
Date Joined: May, 2007
Look at this UGLY thing!! Is it really Ferrari
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/1024px/2012/001/1326973-max555x555.jpg

Buahaaa...

http://image.redbull.com/rbcom/0010/1/320/213/001/424/237/rosberg-hamilton-mercedes-launch-2013.jpg

ReplyQuote

3 Feb, 2012 12:43 Report
Hall_Green_Wolf (IP Logged)
Hall_Green_Wolf
Re: Look at this UGLY thing!! Is it really Ferrari
http://pl.atyp.us/platypix/large/Mm_21-39.jpg

Paint this red and what have you got.

ReplyQuote

3 Feb, 2012 13:05 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
That thing is an insult to the platypus, kjäh kjäh...

http://image.redbull.com/rbcom/0010/1/320/213/001/424/237/rosberg-hamilton-mercedes-launch-2013.jpg

ReplyQuote

3 Feb, 2012 13:08 Report
Parminio_USA (IP Logged)
Merlin wants to hear this one too. Please continue.
Date Joined: Jun, 2004
LMAO!!!

Nice one!

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad230/Parminio/McLaren-Fan-Site-Sig_zpsa459d1ea.gif
New McLaren Fans Forum: McLaren Fans

ReplyQuote

3 Feb, 2012 13:23 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
It would be fast at water.

ReplyQuote

3 Feb, 2012 13:58 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
I think they were only embarassed to show it yesterday. The snow was only excuse.

ReplyQuote

3 Feb, 2012 17:04 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Jan, 2011
The only interesting thing I see there is the front suspension. The nose I won't even comment about! The new Force India is a beauty compared to this. So far only the McLaren looks very blended in nicely.

ReplyQuote

5 Feb, 2012 19:46 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
http://cdn.gallery.autosport.com/picture_free.php/dir/lotuse20launch2012/image/af5d9021-2

ReplyQuote

7 Feb, 2012 00:28 Report
TheContrarian (IP Logged)
I don't understand why the monocoque has to be so high in comparison to the nose. The suspension does not seem to attach that high. Perhaps they do need that much surface around around it for reinforcement.

Not an engineer...but I used to paint and I write, so from an artistic standpoint I will say it looks like pure $h!t...

I can't say the FI...or Sauber...or any of them are much better. The black on the Lotus at least subdues it a bit.

ReplyQuote

7 Feb, 2012 12:57 Report
PHP (IP Logged)
Date Joined: Feb, 2010
The Ugly Scarlett might just be faster winking smiley

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1605770765/cricket-bat-and-ball1.jpgCricket India

ReplyQuote

7 Feb, 2012 14:19 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
Lotus isnt as ugly as Ferrari. I wonder what MGP new nose will look like??

ReplyQuote

7 Feb, 2012 15:17 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
Well I lol'ed when I saw the car number on Felipe's car placed on the stepped nose's wall. Looks like they could afford to write the word FIAT in the non-abbreviated version there hehe...

ReplyQuote

5 Mar, 2012 08:22 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
1.3.2012 Heikki Kulta

If the season started now, how would Ferrari do? This question rose into my mind after the first test day in Barcelona, when Felipe Massa again drove over one hundred laps but was only eight in the result list. During the day I followed the facial expressions of the Italian journalists, and because they looked what they looked, I made the question to three experienced writers.

Alberto Antonini, Auto Sprint:
"You ask about hypothetical grid order? Probably this Ferrari should be around ninth place or lower, at best maybe fifth row."
"Why? Because they have wasted these test weeks. They are again back to square one trying to understand their car."
"When I watch the other Italian team, Toro Rosso, practising their pit stops now, Thursday, they are clearly ready for the first race. Ferrari is still way back behind them."
"It's not nice to say this, but I'm afraid that Ferrari will have a season as bad as in 2009, maybe even worse."
How about the patience of the tifosi in Italy?
"I believe it is as far streched to the limit as in Ferrari's pit box. It's starting to get to the nerves - and it's clearly visible. It's the same with us journalists."
Any light at the end of the tunnel?
"You mean wind tunnel...? Maybe there, but nowhere else. First races where you can expect anything better are at the earliest when the European season begins."

Marco Evangelisti, Corriere dello Sport:
"If we were in Australia just now, the season would start very badly for Ferrari. The truth is that til this day, the team has not understood their car. The car is completely different than any car they have made in Maranello before. It now represents English school. The details are designed in a different way and everything depends on aerodynamical solutions."
"The organisation of the team has changed as much as the construction ideology of the car. Now Maranello is like little Woking. Small units work together, whereas Ferrari has all its experience from operating as a pyramid organisation."
"This brings great difficulties to understand how to make this organisation to work efficiently and how to understand quickly the car it has built."
Evangelisti reminds that the car still has no new aero package, that will be ready only for the last two test days.
"Time is running out. It's impossible to say how fast Ferrari is or how fast it will be. They actually really started to test it only at the last afternoon of the previous test period. It's impossible to say whether it will be at all ready for the first race."
"Now, Thursday, they were working with different set ups. That's something they should have done already in the first test in Jerez."
"Where is Ferrari now? At least they are behind Red Bull, McLaren, maybe Mercedes. I'm not quite sure about Lotus because they have had their problems too."
"Our patience in Italy is really tested. No one is denying that. The tifosi have been very patient for long, but this year the patience is starting to run out. Everybody is starting to be rather sceptical. In the team everybody is clearly very nervous."

Paolo Ianieri, La Gazzetta dello Sport:
"Ferrari has spent the tests learning, learning and learning. At the moment Ferrari is behind at least Red Bull, McLaren, Mercedes, probably Lotus, even Force India. It is really bad for Ferrari that the testing is so limited."
"In Italy the mood swings with how Ferrari is doing. In the beginning it was really difficult, but when the team said they were starting to understand the car, people were a bit relieved. The tifosi are waiting. Let's wait and see, like Kimi taught them."
"If the changes help, that's good. But who knows."

ReplyQuote

5 Mar, 2012 19:21 Report
Timbuktu (IP Logged)
Unregistered User
It would be funny if Kimi beats Alonso with Lotus. Maybe they still try to make this Kimis fault with some weird way. Anyways the dream team is now gone and the all Italian team with a twist is kind of lost in translation.

ReplyQuote

6 Mar, 2012 07:01 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
The funny thing is that the tifosi all point fingers at Schumacher's age and that he should retire blah blah blah and then Ferrari turn to a 45 year old Mika Salo to lead the test drives for developing their new car!

Salo drafted by Ferrari to bump up test squad

http://www.yallaf1.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/d11tur1501-500x335.jpg

Mika Salo

Mar.6 (GMM) Mika Salo and the Finnish press are intrigued as the former F1 driver prepares to test a modern Ferrari later this month.

Newspapers Ilta and Turun Sanomat, and the broadcaster MTV3, report that the 45-year-old former Toyota driver has been drafted in to test a Ferrari at Suzuka.

On the face of it, Salo’s drive is simply a case of his old employer (the Finn stood in for the injured Michael Schumacher in 1999) inviting a former driver to the Ferrari Racing Days event at the Japanese grand prix venue.

But “I was very surprised when they called me,” Salo admitted, “because I haven’t been seriously involved in formula one for ten years.

“I tried to ask them if this is just a ‘show run’ drive, but they have given me no more information than that,” he said.

“They have Giancarlo Fisichella, Marc Gene and Andrea Bertolini (as test drivers), so it’s not exactly clear to me why they are not driving.”

Salo’s Suzuka run will take place on the weekend of the season opening Australian grand prix, reportedly at the wheel of a 2010 car — the newest F1 car allowed to be driven within the sport’s strict testing ban.

MTV3 analyst Erkki Mustakari speculated that, amid Ferrari’s pre-season struggles with the uncompetitive new F2012 car, the team is deploying more than its full complement of test drivers in a panic bid to solve the problems.

“If it’s an emergency then it may be time to try something very different,” he said.

At the very least, Salo has sensed the importance of his new role, confirming he is “training like mad” to strengthen his neck and lose a few pounds.

“This is not any old thing, but a two-day test,” he revealed.

ReplyQuote

6 Mar, 2012 11:51 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
That is interesting. I read that Mika drives 2011 car. So he is there for real. Maybe they dont have faith in the guys doing the test job. Domenicali is a mess.

ReplyQuote

6 Mar, 2012 16:00 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
They'll catch up, they have the money and men power but it's baffling to see such a team clue-less for the past couple of years. I'd love to see a 3 or 4 team battle not just McLaren and RedBUll. It just doesn't sound right, RedBull is an energy drink not an exotic sports cars company like Ferrari.

ReplyQuote

6 Mar, 2012 18:02 Report
sessions (IP Logged)
Wow a rather far-fetched choice in Salo, but they must have internal reasons for this seemingly (shot in the dark) option. Good for Mika.
Kimi's back, De la Rosa's back, What the hey, that gives me an inkling of hope that Villeneuve will be pulled from the mothballs which could give us 7 world champions on the grid.
lol

sessions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 18:03 by sessions.

ReplyQuote

6 Mar, 2012 20:35 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
One thing is certain, I'm gonna hate watching formula one on the RAI channel lol. The Italian commentators are gonna have a tough one this year with excuses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 20:36 by Spartan202.

ReplyQuote

7 Mar, 2012 00:24 Report
TheContrarian (IP Logged)
sessions...when I saw the article about Salo, I had the same thought. Heck, I would love for him to get a call to join Salo in testing the Ferrari.

The Ferrari looks a mess from what I have read and seen. They need a lot of help. I really wonder if time for Domenicali to go if they can't right the ship.

ReplyQuote

14 Mar, 2012 10:08 Report
Well Well (IP Logged)
Petrov insists Alonso also a ‘pay-driver’

http://cdn.f1zone.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Vitaly-Petrov-CT01.jpg

Photo credit: Caterham F1

“I see no difference between myself and Alonso,” said the Russian, who has moved his lucrative backing from Renault (now Lotus) to the Caterham team for 2012.

His new appointment is controversial, given he has ousted the experienced veteran and former Monaco winner Jarno Trulli, who was the last Italian in F1.

Comparing himself with Alonso, Petrov told La Stampa newspaper: “Everyone knows that he is funded by the money from (Ferrari sponsor) Banco Santander.

“Anyway, you only get to F1 because of talent.”

And Petrov, 27, insists he does not feel sorry for Trulli.

“Life is hard,” the Italian newspaper quotes him as saying.

He admitted that having friends in F1 is impossible, whilst making some comments that will also not endear him to the sport’s Italian followers.

Asked to explain the rare absence of Italians on the grid, Petrov criticised the country’s junior categories and added: “Your drivers lack the passion.”

And as for Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo’s complaints about the dramatic role being played by aerodynamics in F1 at present, he answered: “When you’re not winning, it’s easy to complain.”

Petrov, however, lived in Italy in his past, revealing that his favourite elements of Italian life are “the food and the girls”.

But on the latter, he does not expect to be wheel-to-wheel with the opposite sex any time soon.

“They do not have the physical ability and also are not prepared for the high speeds. But everything in life is possible,” said Petrov.

SOURCE: F1ZONE.NET

Omg, listen to Petrov go at Alonso I just had to post this. The two are hardly equal in terms of talent imo...

ReplyQuote

14 Mar, 2012 19:52 Report
Timba7 (IP Logged)
Well he has a point there... its not like big secret what got Alonso to Ferrari. And Alonso accused Petrov, so i cant see him doing anything wrong by trying to defend.

Alonso should have kept quiet about Petrov being paydriver, When he cant even overtake him while driving for title. He was driving a Ferrari for god sake.. buahaaaa.... i will remember it for life, Alonso stuck behind his former team Renault and the paydriver driving. Oh sweet memories.

ReplyQuote
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
CAPTCHA
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net