f1
Latest News:

Graham Waring 1976 250/250 star/250 glod star
ALAN PENNINGTON (IP Logged)
07 June, 2014 12:16
With ref. to Graham Waring 1976 .

I am pretty sure that Graham was 350cc champion in 1978 which is blank on your web site.

Graham was a very good friend of mine until his fatal single handed crash at Scarborough in the ear;y 1980's.

Graham and I where both motor mechanics as we were called in those days,we went to technical college together in the 1960's and then worked together when he left Oakhams garage and later left GBE Vauxhall in St.Helens Merseyside we both worked at Middlehurst garage St.Helens. I went out with his sister Suzanne for a while, who I have sadly lost contact with now. Graham used to come to my gigs when I was a DJ and he was a fan of Lynard Synard, Alex Harvey band and Dr.Feelgood.

His death was very sad, he was due to marry his girlfriend in approx 2 weeks before the accident, she was from Warrington and he had a little girl with his girlfriend. He decided to have some of his long hair cut for the wedding and unfortunately this made his crash helmet loose on his head. He appraently did not want to race at Scaborough but due to pressure of start money etc. went to the meeting. The story goes that he did not race as such but sort of potted around, which knowing Graham would still be quick, because he was going hell for leather the water cooled bike engine siezed and threw him over the bars, the crash helemet came off and the bike came down on him, the rest you can guess (too gruesome to print).
Graham had many good finishes in the Isle of Man and some DNF's due to slight problems, once not filling his tank to the brim at a pit stop and running out of fuel on the last lap, coasting past me at Kate's cottage coming off the mountain.

Graham was a top young bloke, a very good friend and colleague, he is sadly missed, I think of him often and wonder what he would be doing now in his mid sixties like me.

Regards
Alan Pennington

Re: Graham Waring 1976 250/250 star/250 glod star
ALAN PENNINGTON (IP Logged)
07 June, 2014 12:19
Sorry I meant to say Graham was NOT GOING HELL FOR LEATHER at Scarborough

Herman Munster (IP Logged)
16 June, 2014 14:32
You appear to be talking to yourself....................

subh (IP Logged)
05 September, 2014 11:54
Thanks for the info Alan, and sorry about the lack of response. I will try and do some more updates later in the year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net