Latest news:

2019 Belgian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Farewell
Posted by: Xerro
Date: 17/01/2012 13:01
And with that I'm gone from this board. I've always said I'm a Rubens fan, but in the past two years I have supported the Williams team because if Williams don't do well Rubens doesn't do well, and so I also made sure to Support both Hulkenberg and Pastor as well. (I might end up supporting Hulk next year, haven't decided yet)

I'm not bitter, and don't hold anything against Williams or Bruno, or Pastor, it's the nature of the beast after all. Until you have a contract in place it's every man for himself.

I do hope Williams begin to find their way again starting with this season, and I hope Pastor and Bruno can rise to the challenge. I think there's a lot for all you williams fans to be optimistic about. With Coughlan, Somerville, Gillan, and Renault, i'm sure they'll make a much more competitive car.

Williams were one of the teams that stuck out during my childhood, I started watching F1 in 91 so I really started watching during Williams golden years. But i can't bring myself to support a team that played such a role in Rubens exiting the sport, I've been supporting him since 94 when i was 7. I don't blame them exactly, because it's not like Williams prevented him from going to other teams, other teams just didn't want him, either due to talent or money. It just wouldn't sit well with me if i chose to support williams here and now.

I didn't want to leave this forum without saying goodbye, because i have enjoyed the community. Crusty and K1 going head to head is always entertaining reading for one, but both always have an interesting point to make. So what i'm saying is thankyou all (well most of you there are exceptions) thankyou for the past 2 years on this forum, I have enjoyed posting here more than i've enjoyed posting on any other forum. The last season was difficult to keep an optimistic outlook but i still enjoyed sharing the ups and down with you all.

Best wishes to everyone (even those I didn't get along with),

One last thing, i feel sorry for you all cos now you're going to have to endure huge topic titles that tell you everything you need to know before you have even clicked on it.

Thanks for the past two years and best of luck to Williams Senna and Maldonado.

Bye

Xerro
Rob.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net