f1
Latest News:

2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Barcelona testing 21st-24th February
Posted by: Anderis
Date: 21/02/2012 20:29
Quote:
crusty_bread
Anderis, last time I checked, motor-racing was not about measuring slowest times. I know the point you are making- that on heavy fuel the Williams is good and not going for a fast time, but RedBull could have been doing anything on that one slow stint- they could have used a Monaco set up for example to measure how the car responds, they could have been working on a front f-duct and only driving fast in the left-handers- anything. What tells me more is the total absence of optimism from Gillan and Senna and the fact that after several hundred laps, Williams still can't set one lap faster than any of the established teams. (Lotus' gremlins excluded of course)
Last time I checked, motor racing was not about setting the best times during testing. I think that I know the point you are making, but it seems that you didn't really get mine. I don't insist our car is really good.
But. You are making excuses for Red Bull why they are slower than us on their slowest stints. But you don't accept the excuses why we aren't setting fast lap. It's one way thinking while there are two possible reasons of that thing, each as good as other.
You are assuming that our relatively very good long runs mean nothing why lack of fast flying laps means that we have problem.
The point that our relatively very good long runs mean that we are quick and lack of fast flying laps means nothing is just as good.

Williams didn't even try to set one fast lap. We haven't seen short runs which would look like we were trying to get relatively close to the car limit. Many other teams had short runs, probably with not full tank and very weared tyres. It doesn't mean that they were running as fast as they can. But I guess most of them were much closer to the car limit than we were.

I still think that our times are inconclusive. There are some bad signs as well as some good and it's too early to say where are we.
Optimism or lack of optimism doesn't say much. Last year there was much optimism in Williams before the season. While some less optimistic teams could turn around their seasons as well.

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net