f1
Latest News:

2019 Austrian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
Report This Message
Are you sure you want to report this post?

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Posted by: Kenji
Date: 13/03/2019 01:11
@ Alan Jones.....I really never left the site. I was always looking at the overview but chose a period of 'post celibacy', but thank you for your comments. I am, as you know, an unabashed supporter of Ricciardo but he has to earn his accolades the hard way...i personally think that he has done this. His record is evidence. He has come under lots of criticism from certain parties, especially Horner and Marko. They were brought down a peg or two and they don't like it. Hence the acidic/toxic comments from Horner in particular.Phatjack seems to echo those sentiments as well. What else would you expect?

What we are witnessing is the slow release of more background to the RB team environment and it's not too pretty but one which some of us have suspected existed for quite some time. Baku was always going to be a watershed event, and this has proved to be 100% correct. RB's rush to judgement was further evidence of where RB's allegiances lay.Ricciardo, to his credit, kept a low profile after that as he was fighting a lack of team support and appalling bad luck with his car's performances. Is it any wonder that he was 'under the pump'?

IMO he has come out of all this a much stronger person and he now has a team that values him, a team that will do all that they can to see him successful. He has a very strong team mate this year and Hulkenberg is a driver with heaps of experience in racing hard. He must be a force to be reckoned with and will definitely be no pushover. In life, like F1, sometimes you just have to roll the dice...he's done that, and i for one support him in his quest for the ultimate prize. The old cliche 'it's better to have tried and failed than never try at all.....comes to mind.Roll on......

You may optionally give an explanation for why this post was reported, which will be sent to the moderators along with the report. This can help the moderator to understand why you reported the post.
Name:
Email:

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net