Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How good is Bruno Senna?
Ozzy Osbone 20 January, 2012 00:11
Probably only footage of him hitting that poor dog.

Ozzy Osbone 20 January, 2012 00:14

Ozzy Osbone 20 January, 2012 00:17

Ozzy Osbone 20 January, 2012 00:18

Ozzy Osbone 20 January, 2012 00:22
[">www.youtube.com]

In the wet beating Pastor and Vitaly as well as a few others.

pgj 20 January, 2012 19:43
Quote:
K1
you're easily satisfied PJ. i will reserve judgment until i see the car and the first three tests are complete. senna may be a 'diamond' and then again he may be just part of the 'dross'. only time will tell. i haven't seen enough of him to form amy strong opinions. eight races is simply not enough.

Satisfied is not the word I would use. Maybe I haven't expressed myself clearly enough. I hanker to see top drivers in a Williams. But right now, I believe that these drivers are good enough for the car that we will produce. My hope is that we shadow what Red Bull has done. Where it took a year or two to get a stable chassis development and its driver line up, against a lot of people's expectations, was good enough to grow with the development of the car. To repeat what I said before, if we produce a car that is being under-driven, then I will turn my attention to the drivers. First base for Williams is to produce the best car in half a generation. Any talk of this driver or that driver not being good enough is previous in my book.

I think that we are saying the same thing really. How times change! LOL!

Williams and proud of it.

Ozzy Osbone 20 January, 2012 20:43
Probably Pastor or Bruno in the FW14B would have been champ so that's a valid point.

pgj 21 January, 2012 00:37
The last thing I want to do is put anyone down here. But through our 'glory year's it didn't really matter who was driving s Williams. The car would make an average driver look good through the quality of the engineering. It has been s long long long long long time since our product matched our reputation. Until the product improves, the car, any talk of a driver not being worthy of a drive for us is out of the window.

I don't have a downer on Williams. I would love us to be in the market for top five drivers. But until we produce a car they want to drive we need to take s reality che(Sm15)ck. If that means taking money from 'pay' drivers then ok. So long as we invest the money wisely there is no problem. If we continue along the path that we h as have been going along towards extinction. Then extinction is our destiny. I have said many times that I cried at the loss of piers. I have enjoyed every point that we have won. Until we. And I mean from the top down, accept that we are s million miles away from where we would like us to be. We will plod toward extinction.

Excuse the typos - from a mobile.

Well kenji. Which way do you fall now? You have accused me of bring too partisan. While I have accused you of being anti Williams. You either have to agree with me. Which would be an Earth shatter first. Or else you will have to defend Williams, who cc h would be a cosmological event.

Not a flame. Just a serious post with a bit of a prod at someone that can contain it.

GroveF1 22 January, 2012 11:36
Williams at this point K1 don't need drivers like Kubica, although Peter Windsor has touched on the suject that Bottas is being groomed to be 2013 driver next year. A driver to aid develoment to aid development direction may be the issue this year, but aside from that 2012 has to be a starting year for us. For next year, I feel we have to wworry about experienced drivers.

But unless we sign cheat schumacher or back-stabber webber will always support the team and both drivers

Zé Henrique 22 January, 2012 11:50
Bottas was managed by Toto Wolff before he to becoming the partner of this team.
It is still protected by it.

But what is happening, I believe, is only Bottas have time to track to be easy to getting a place in 2013.

And if you have to replace one of two throughout the year by only one race, so he will not do as Badoer in 2009.

Okay this place in 2013 at Williams may be right, but as Wolff is a businessman, he will not take Bruno and Pastor if these are well in 2012, and on top bring a lot of money to the team, just to meet a "fad" its.

Bottas was already agreed to be booked in 2012 in 15 free practice play, regardless of who was the partner of Maldonado.

C'Dale 22 January, 2012 16:18
On topic, Bruno may be good. He may be very good. But nobody really knows. Athletes who start late bloom late, and his 10 year gap would definitely make him bloom much later than one on a regular career path. I'm rather excited.

Off topic, considering the money he brings and since the primary need is to build a proper car, I see no downside on signing Bruno, especially for one year. I agree that Williams needs to earn the desire of top drivers to sign on.

drunkmunky 22 January, 2012 17:32
now that the contract is signed, exactly how much money does he bring? really?

azouris 22 January, 2012 17:55
He,he drunkmunky,you want the exact figure or give or take?

AlanJones 23 January, 2012 07:39
Give or take would do it. It was believed to be around 15mln.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Flying_German_Finn_Whatever 23 January, 2012 18:36
How good is Senna?

Klien outqualified him by 1.2 seconds after being away from F1 for several seasons, and outpaced him in the race as well. That was in a car Senna already knew well, having raced with it for most of the season.

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

Senna might become Perez good but he will never be a top driver. He's only being hired because he was the highest bidder. I think everybody at Grover knows this.

Francesc 23 January, 2012 18:43
Please don't speak about that if you don't know the whole story.

pgj 23 January, 2012 19:40
We don't know how good the car is. We can never know how good a driver is until we see them in a competitive car.

Gunk 23 January, 2012 19:45
Quote:
C'Dale
On topic, Bruno may be good. He may be very good. But nobody really knows. Athletes who start late bloom late, and his 10 year gap would definitely make him bloom much later than one on a regular career path.

As you say, no one really knows.

Different things seem to happen with different drivers. Some who had whizz bang starts to their careers went off the boil quite early . . . people like Alboreto come to mind. Button had a great start, but he spent a couple of years in the wilderness before maturity kicked in.

Mansell admits in his bio that he 'couldn't give himself away' before he was hired by SFW.

Personally, I think a little age helps to deal with everything that goes on in F1. I feel rather sorry for Algersuari, who is supposedly 'finished' at 21. That can't be right.

Ozzy Osbone 23 January, 2012 21:41
I think the problem with Jamie is that he never put in that one special drive (ala the Hulk putting the Williams on pole). He had a few seasons and did OK but nothing really sticks in the memory other than a few scraps with MSC early on.

I think someone like Button did put in those drives occasionally to keep him in F1 until it all came right.

As for Klien, yes the guy is a good driver but I don't think it's fair to draw any conclusions about drivers from the first year of HRT. There were far too many other factors. I would look at 2011 where we saw Bruno fast but a little inconsistent. More than that he never crumbled on the many last minute crucial laps he put in.

Who would you take between Senna and Petrov over a season? I would take Senna any day.

drunkmunky 23 January, 2012 22:30
just watched those gp2 videos and dear god those races are such a mess

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net