2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Rd 13. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 8 of 15
Re: Canadian GP: Race
MansellsMoustache 08 June, 2014 19:56
The whole team disgraced themselves today. Awful strategy choices on the pitwall, botched pit stop by the mechanics (again), Valterri wrecked his tyres and wouldn't move out of the way and Felipe just put the icing on the @#$%&-cake.

Horrible, horrible performance. Weak.

Gwanni 08 June, 2014 19:57
Such wasted potential, im so angry.. But guys ok mistakes but darn we are luckless.... Nico was lucky in three occasions...

Francesc 08 June, 2014 19:57
Look at Red Bull, 1st and 3rd with an slower car than us. Now that's a profesional racing team, we're an amateur one.

Vancha 08 June, 2014 19:58
We lost the win.

Rosberg 08 June, 2014 19:59
i was there when alesi won his only F1 race.

https://i.postimg.cc/wxVGXBcd/Rosberg-1.jpg

tomazy 08 June, 2014 20:00
Good for you Rosberg smiling smiley

rpaloschi 08 June, 2014 20:00
I once thought that two words couldn't be put on the same sentence: Williams and Luck.

Today I learned that there are 3 words: Williams, Luck and Massa.

@#$%&! I'm disapointed. Almost had a stroke.

rpralon 08 June, 2014 20:00
More one opportunity in the trash can...
Poor performance from drivers , wrong strategies and unsatisfactory result..
Bottas faded away after the last pit, Felipe had a car to win the race, but he simply did not show the competence to do the right moves.
Sorry but without consistent drivers , no podiuns, no victory no big points.

Vancha 08 June, 2014 20:00
Quote:
tedsouf
Sometimes I really miss Montoya..

Everytime..

GPL 08 June, 2014 20:01
To upset to talk yet again.

Can this team of ours ever come good again.

j-s 08 June, 2014 20:02
The power went out in my neighborhood around lap 40. Didn't see the end, just followed it through my mobile. I'm thankful I missed it.

Force India and macca score more. I'm very angry.

andy si 08 June, 2014 20:02
Qualifying with soft rubber... that would have been the race victory for Williams. In hindsight!

We would have started 3 rows down and made a pass or two on the start and would have won the thing 1 and 2 (or finished 3 and 4 with OK Mercedes). In qualifying we did two stints in Q3 anyways... we could have tried this at least.

Damn, I could do this for real... I could work for Williams as a tactician winking smiley I'll apply just for kicks.

Blizz 08 June, 2014 20:07
Jacques Villeneuve called for Perez's licence to be revoked.

tomazy 08 June, 2014 20:07
Andy, remmember that the cars start on there Q2 tires, so, I think that we did have the pace to go in Q3 on softs and this strategy would work.

maximilian72 08 June, 2014 20:09
Desolate performance in the pits and bad strategies. To much amateurism in Williams for great results, this is going on for years now.

andy si 08 June, 2014 20:11
I heard this weekend that you start your race on the fastest tire in qualifying (regardless of the stint Q1, Q2, Q3 ???)... so, if they could have come from Q1 to Q2 with softs and come to Q3 with softs... that was an option.

rpralon 08 June, 2014 20:12
1 Mercedes 258
2 Red Bull/Renault 139
<---- car potential
3 Ferrari 87
4 Force India/Mercedes 77
5 McLaren/Mercedes 66
6 Williams/Mercedes 58 <---- actual position(Sm135)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 20:16 by rpralon.

tomazy 08 June, 2014 20:15
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OlM1Cn-Ci6o/U5TCAsLaNyI/AAAAAAAAO7g/wrqgpP0eTz4/s0/2014-06-08_23-05-30.gif

andy si 08 June, 2014 20:21
I hope they are ok. If opportunities were utilized, we could have won...

roadie 08 June, 2014 20:22
First of all I hope that both PER and MAS are OK. They both took big hits.

But yeah to echo some of the above, this was such a Williams way to rescue a 7th place finish from 4th and 5th on the grid.

Poor strategy, a bad pit stop, bad tyre warm up and poor traction off the hairpin all put the cars in places they should not have been.

At least BOT had a go at overtaking. Didn't MAS forget to use the DRS when alongside VET who was using it!?

Maybe it is time to run the cars at their optimum strategy instead of reacting to others, like BOT's first stop?

Current Page: 8 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net