Seconds

Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Canadian GP: Race
MansellsMoustache 09 June, 2014 16:54
Quote:
Francesc
What a team of losers
[twitter.com]

The stewards made a decision, FIF1's whining is bringing the sport into disrepute and should be dealt with.

Nasty little shitbag team.

crusty_bread 09 June, 2014 16:58
hahah, "Massa turned right"

where the hell was he supposed to go rounding a right hand curve? toronto!

crusty_bread 09 June, 2014 17:19
Quote:
Mikef1
Thats bullshit. His tires would have been way older than anyone elses to the point canvas would probably be there instead of rubber. His better option would have been staying out and finishing on supersofts.

You don't know that. How severe was graining at Montreal? We don't know because Williams never tried at any stage during the weekend. It's a total guess on your part based on other tracks, and other situations. Perez in a slow car maintained competitive times and fended off the RedBulls for half a race on the SUPER SOFTS and only pitted when he did, not because his lap times dropped off, but because the soft tyres were competitive and he wanted the benefit of brand new rubber He could have gone even further before suffering significant drop off, and he didn't have the same inherent pace and straight line speed as Massa. Paul Hembery said the soft tyres could have gone from there to Vancouver, so minimal was the deg when not running in traffic (ie, when not affected by thermal degredation)- in short, the race didn't look dissimilar to Monaco in terms of wear, but the higher temps and everyone reacting to eachother seemed to lead everyone into covering one another off with 2 stops.

Basically, even if there is a 99% chance Massa would have slowed dramatically, been caught by Perez on fairly old tyres himself, then been so much slower that his straight line speed would have allowed him to be overtaken (a scenario we didn't see at any point all afternoon), you would still gamble on it because the alternative is certain defeat.

crusty_bread 09 June, 2014 17:29
It's not even like Raikkonen's decision to stay out in Europe 2005 with a vibrating tyre. There, KR was duelling with Alonso for a title, but by pitting, 2nd would still have been- soemthing- here, Williams would have gone from 1st- to 7th, and in the process, gifted their closest rival Force India a double edge over them and left a possible victory in their lap. It was only Perez' brake wear that prevented FI from really turning the screw and winning the race. Why throw away a chance of victory- no matter how slim- without absolute certainty it is not possible?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2014 17:31 by crusty_bread.

Mikef1 09 June, 2014 17:38
You need to calm down a bit. Massa was extending his lead I think? I felt he shoild have stayed out then at a later point switched to supersofts. At the very least he was never losing gtound to the cars behind. Better that and have a much more significant advantage than to risk losing it all. Tyres dont hold on forever. Youre right I dont know his tyres would have died, but as it is my job to do this kind of @#$%&. I know what I would have been advising for his race engineer. 16 laps on supersofts would have won the race. Unless he crashed it.

Bond 09 June, 2014 17:52
Quote:
MansellsMoustache
Quote:
Francesc
What a team of losers
[twitter.com]

The stewards made a decision, FIF1's whining is bringing the sport into disrepute and should be dealt with.

Nasty little shitbag team.

For a country where 1 out of every 2 person defecates publicly...it's not a surprise.

Ozzy Osbone 09 June, 2014 17:54
I think the point is that he should have just run a lot further and made the decision a lot later. What was there to lose? It seems like he got a bit of graining and dived for the pits. That race was ours for the taking.

j-s 09 June, 2014 18:11
The question is how fast was Massa compared to the leading pack at the moment of his second pitstop. If he was faster then the pitstop wasn't necessary. If he was slower then he would've lost more time to them by delaying his stop, to the point that having fresher tyres for the end of the race wouldn't have made a difference. The team made the call with the information they had at hand and there you go. Maybe the were expecting a SC at some point. Who knows.

I'm not satisfied with the race, obviously, and believe that things should've transpired differently. But hindsight is the perfect science, isn't it... and as such we've come to a point when we can't take this conversation anywhere meaningful. It'll just become a protracted series of opinions (which are welcome) and finger pointing. I say let it fizzle and die, and let's move on to Austria.

CarlessPetrol 09 June, 2014 19:24
What a great race. What a good lot of chatter; passes my lunch hour. At least this year it isn't how the car is rooted to 17th and 18th and that after trying fitting every single part in the factory. Yes one can argue the team should have won, come second, third or forth and the strategy should have been better and the drivers should be better and the pitstops should have been better, but at least this can be argued. Last year the team didn't have the potential to make errors in these areas that could affect the result.
I am really enjoying this year despite feeling like everyone that the team are not yet fulfilling their potential. I prefer this to last year.

crusty_bread 09 June, 2014 19:28
Quote:
Mikef1
You need to calm down a bit.

LOL you call a claim bullshit then tell me to calm down a bit? I've not sworn. I think you misunderstand relative tone.

Still, nothing personal and I get your point- that he should have maybe stayed out longer then switched to the super softs. Perez was setting consistent 19.8's, Rosberg 21.5's, Massa had slipped from mid 19's to a 20.5 over the course of 5 or so laps- so he was losing time to Perez, massively gaining time from Rosberg, was unable to know how much Rosberg would hamper the rest, or that Rosberg would improve back to the 19's shortly after Massa's stop, or at what speed or how much his tyres would continue to drop off.

I second with j-s, it's an unknown, but in the case of uncertainly, e seem to be in agreement that staying out a bit longer would have a ) validated the decision to pit beyond all doubt and b ) enabled him to pit onto the faster tyres.

j-s 09 June, 2014 20:03
[url=http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/06/09/2014-canadian-grand-prix-lap-times-fastest-laps/[/url]

Yes... Felipe was losing time compared to VET-RIC-PER right before his last stop. Maybe that's why they called him in; to limit the damage

We'll never know how the race would've ended had he staid out longer and gone for the SS tyres after the last stop. Maybe they didn't want to come out behind Alonso. Who knows. Interesting but ultimately fruitless endeavour, trying to figure it out.

I was gutted when I saw him go into the pits... thankfully the power went out shortly afterwards so I missed the rest of the race.

On another note, saw Smedleys comments about FI and Perez. Some bad blood between Williams and FI. Finally.

rpralon 09 June, 2014 20:25
Next GP is in a track with long straights. So theoretically Williams should be competitive again.

Bond 09 June, 2014 20:30
Quote:
CarlessPetrol
What a great race. What a good lot of chatter; passes my lunch hour. At least this year it isn't how the car is rooted to 17th and 18th and that after trying fitting every single part in the factory. Yes one can argue the team should have won, come second, third or forth and the strategy should have been better and the drivers should be better and the pitstops should have been better, but at least this can be argued. Last year the team didn't have the potential to make errors in these areas that could affect the result.
I am really enjoying this year despite feeling like everyone that the team are not yet fulfilling their potential. I prefer this to last year.

What a breadth of fresh optimism. LOL.

Thanks. I think anything above last year is welcomed.

Gunk 09 June, 2014 21:30
Quote:
Crusty Bread
It's not even like Raikkonen's decision to stay out in Europe 2005 with a vibrating tyre.

Funny, CB, I was just thinking about the same thing. Very much bigger gamble . . . but if you want to win, that's what you do.

Gunk 09 June, 2014 21:30
Quote:
Crusty Bread
It's not even like Raikkonen's decision to stay out in Europe 2005 with a vibrating tyre.

Funny, CB, I was just thinking about the same thing. Very much bigger gamble . . . but if you want to win, that's what you do.

TheBrassBaboon 10 June, 2014 00:43

azouris 10 June, 2014 01:59
Someone who has twitter must sent this to FI twitter just to f--ck shut their mouth up.

fhc128 10 June, 2014 02:15
Perez fault.

http://i.imgur.com/WRTu05L.jpg

speed 10 June, 2014 06:21
Quote:
Bond
For a country where 1 out of every 2 person defecates publicly...it's not a surprise.

Wow! what an intelligent remark! I think you forget that besides the owner that team is probably mostly European/British. So please keep your nasty racist sarcasm to yourself.

A.Fant 10 June, 2014 06:52
I couldn't watch the race live and caught a replay yesterday, but was too furious and frustrated to comment until today.

I am WAY more upset about the fact that they pitted Massa than the incident with Pérez. Pérez is a confirmed idiot, so I'm hardly surprised about what happened - Massa wasn't even supposed to be in that position in the first place!

Yes, leaving him out on the soft tyres would've been a big gamble. It could have seen him drop far further down the field than the 4th place he would've gotten if Pérez hadn't been a complete @#$%&. But it could very well have led to victory! The FI's were nightmares to pass even when they were way off the pace, and the Williams' are even harder to pass!

I'm quite certain that Massa would've been able to hold off any attacks to the end. What a @#$%& waste!

On to Austria...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 06:53 by A.Fant.

Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net