Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Bahrain GP: THE race
AlanJones 16 April, 2017 16:59
Quote:
Gwanni
ahh pity for bottas would have cheered for his win!

Pffff.. that snake got what he deserved..

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

andy si 16 April, 2017 17:11
I missed the first 20 laps... why did Hamilton get the 5 sec penalty?

Alt Right Duff 16 April, 2017 17:27
Slowing in pit lane while double stacking. Held up ricciardo.

Lance is a slow learner. Same error two races in a row. He has to stop... bah what am i saying. Lance, you are making me laugh.

Verstappen making ricciardo look like a dill this season. Seems to have so much more race pace.

Stu69 16 April, 2017 17:31
Well done Massa. Solid! I wonder where Fernando would have been in the Williams? Night night Lance, sweet dreams!

Mehryar 16 April, 2017 17:38
Both us and Force India look to be way better in race conditions than Qualifying.For us, it looks to be down to setup imho and I wonder if Lowe has anything to do with it.Logically it should be the other way, given the one lap extra power we can get out of Mercedes engine.

Renault doesn't look to be capable of doing their quali performance at all, atleast not so far.

Btw, it's terrible to see Lance throwing away points but honestly, was it his fault? I think Sainz outbraked himself too.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

EagleF1 16 April, 2017 17:41
That JCB sponsorship is looking seriously shrewd right now! [adn.gpupdate.net]

MartiniSalad 16 April, 2017 17:42
Lance, actually gutted for him now. This is bad luck. Really inappropriately timed bad luck. Sainz was way off and dived, and you just don't expect that @#$%&. Sainz sounded arrogant about his right to be there, when it's stuff I'd see online in a game lobby. I mean look at the 2014 pit lane crash. Same stuff and Maldo got attacked big time for it. Lance was off the pace though, but he's learning, the kid's 18 and has a handle on quali and keeping it on the road when he needs to. Sacrifice a bit of pace if needed, to get mileage. Hats off to Massa, life in the old dog yet, and he was very opportune when he could be. Very impressed. Overall, a positive race where we aren't at fault, and got a good showing from it. Roll on Russia.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

Gunk 16 April, 2017 17:58
Massa was solid all weekend, so congratulations to him.

But there's no way he can score enough points by himself, so the team have to find out how to get Lance up to speed.

I wonder if the fact that Williams are advertising for a race engineer is significant?

If you count back to last season, I think that's more than a dozen or so consecutive points finishes for Perez.

Gwanni 16 April, 2017 18:50
[www.gpupdate.net]

sainz get 3 place penalty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2017 18:51 by Gwanni.

Stuart L 16 April, 2017 19:56
Not Lances fault at all today. Was a right assault from Saint who looked immature as a racer as a result

AlanJones 16 April, 2017 20:24
Well even I have to admit that this wasn't Lance to blame it on.
But it still proved my point of China. Sometimes you will just have to take a step back to finish the race. Because now he hasn't finished in any race. The guy will, logically, get frustrated over this and his self esteem, that he had too much of in Australia, will decline as well. The guy can drive, but 3 dnfs of which two to be blamed upon himself are no good results. He needs to do better.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

MViper 16 April, 2017 20:27
Do you lads rememeber who was unlucky in his first races similar to Stroll?

Montoya smiling smiley

OK, decent race for Williams, happy to see other faces on top spot of the podium. But gutted with Felipe's defending. I really think he could do a lot more. But obviously didn't want to risk anything and rather choose took some easy points.

Funny Fernando's rant, though grinning smiley

ROKiT Williams Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2017 20:28 by MViper.

rpralon 16 April, 2017 20:33
After a mediocre race at China, this time Massa did well... but FI is the 4th in the contructors championship adding points with 2 drivers.
It will be very dificult be better than them with just one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2017 20:43 by rpralon.

Stu69 16 April, 2017 21:24
Quote:
EagleF1
That JCB sponsorship is looking seriously shrewd right now! [adn.gpupdate.net]

Good photo! I bet they have a sticker on the underneath too!!

williams4284 16 April, 2017 21:32
Ok good race by massa but his defence from overtaking is awful to say the least.

Also did anyone else notice the zigzag driving by palmer at the start when chased by stroll?

Alonso aldo is doing s lot of changes in direction and I guess those moves are not legal.

forcedown 16 April, 2017 23:27
Be cool about stroll. Even Ayrton Senna have 3 DNF at the begining in Williams.

redline 17 April, 2017 05:20
Quote:
rpralon
After a mediocre race at China, this time Massa did well... but FI is the 4th in the contructors championship adding points with 2 drivers.
It will be very dificult be better than them with just one.

thumbs down
for comparison, same engine
Driver  Q3   Race
Massa   P8   P6
Stroll  P12  DNF
Perez   P18  P7
Ocon    P14  P10

as claire said, it would be nice as bday gift to finish race and score points

Francesc 17 April, 2017 13:08
Quote:
williams4284
Ok good race by massa but his defence from overtaking is awful to say the least.
Also did anyone else notice the zigzag driving by palmer at the start when chased by stroll?

Alonso aldo is doing s lot of changes in direction and I guess those moves are not legal.

I noticed it too. Stroll made a great getaway but as you said the worst driver of the grid closed him two times in few meters. That comprimised the whole race for Lance...

williams4284 17 April, 2017 14:53
Quote:
Francesc
Quote:
williams4284

I noticed it too. Stroll made a great getaway but as you said the worst driver of the grid closed him two times in few meters. That comprimised the whole race for Lance...

Yes I saw that on the replay of the start when shown from the helicopter camera.

Why does the team not file a complain. Alonso is doing it a lot too.

Damon96 17 April, 2017 18:05
Palmer - I'm not sure how he is still in F1, he was awful last year and is not improving this - him and Ericcson are the two weakest drivers on the grid. Lance - unlucky - think Sainz though he could bully him off the road but was a stupid move. Stroll needs to get comfortable enough that he can concentrate on race craft and not worry so much about driving the car - for his confidence he just needs to finish a race.

Massa solid drive - if he wasted time battling faster cars he would have ended up behind Perez.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net