Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Spanish GP: FP3 & Qualifying
crusty_bread 13 May, 2017 13:50
I think Williams just struggled as a team in q1 with much higher track temperatures and possibly wind changes too. The same for Renault. They seem to have sorted it for q2.

I think these shark fins should be banned on safety (cough, aesthetic, cough) grounds

Myvatn 13 May, 2017 13:52
Decent Q2, hope we have a better race pace as was the case in the last GPs.

4th in WCC is gone, but anything worse than 5th would be a real shame.

GPL 13 May, 2017 14:01
Alonso 7th great job.

williams4284 13 May, 2017 14:04
Alonso looks good. Did Honda find a way? We will see tomorrow.

We are on the backfoot. whatever we brought, others brought better.

GPL 13 May, 2017 14:05
They way our car is going i think we may need a C Spec.

Alt Right Duff 13 May, 2017 14:13
They will start that soon. Called the 2018 car. It is a famous williams trick to take the focus off the performances.

GPL 13 May, 2017 14:20
No lets just let the new leaders get on with the B Spec I can wait a little
longer for some much needed light at the end of this very very long tunnel

Gwanni 13 May, 2017 14:24
looks like we've regressed, or simply we could not get it right today as the conditions were quite tricky

Mikef1 13 May, 2017 15:00
It does seem that force India and Renault in particular have done an excellent job with early season gains. With the new staff in place, let's hope we can claw it back later in the year. The longer into the season we go, in theory, the better the update packages aught to be.

GPL 13 May, 2017 15:05
I hope we see a whole new philosophy from the team with paddy at the helm now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/05/2017 15:06 by gpl.

Gwanni 13 May, 2017 15:10
but at the end did we introduced any updates?

Damon96 13 May, 2017 15:12
I wonder where Alonso would put that Williams - Massa is doing a good job but we know last year he wasn't the fastest in quali - we are now a 1 driver team and who knows what will happen as we get over the 1/2 way mark and Massa know he isn't there next season and his head starts to drop again. We are still the same distance from the front, that hasn't changed - when you average the quali's this season, just the rest are now catching us. Mclaren could be quick in Monaco, luckily Alonso is skipping it.

Mikef1 13 May, 2017 15:15
Alonso could pick off the slowest red bull/ both red bulls. 100%. With a driver like that we'd be comfortable 4th. 2md driver to finish best of the rest and Alonso to punch above the weight.

Gwanni 13 May, 2017 16:10
out stroll in alonso tongue sticking out smiley

andy si 13 May, 2017 16:16
Alonso may be feeling the thirst resurection with his Indy500 effort ;-)

Mehryar 13 May, 2017 17:38
Weldone to Alonso, he just gets better year after year.I wonder how a driver on his level can keep motivations so high after all these terrible seasons to perform week in week out.

Lance, honestly, to be behind Saubers is not acceptable by any scale and from any point of view. Even 0 laps of practice and on a track with no experience on it can't be excuse to be beaten by both Saubers.
If Claire has a bit of Frank's DNA, should show who's the boss here.Give the kid 3-4 more weekends, if things remain the same, drop him and all of his money for our home race.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

crusty_bread 13 May, 2017 18:49
Who would you propose?

Mehryar 13 May, 2017 19:02
Gio or that RBR refugee I can't remember his name.
Literally anyone except Lance.It's not all about the results, he is not doing anything good for our name.Read through sites, articles.people call Palmer a mediocre driver and not secured seat, Lance a worse case but with secured seat.This is us fans and pundits, what do the sponsers see it?
Still I like to see him turn it around in time but Nakajima brought us cheap engines, Pastor a big deal of money and some results, this guy bring only some money, how much? Unknown! Why should we care about him more than Nakajima if he performs on same level or worse?

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Anderis 13 May, 2017 20:38
Stroll was behind Saubers not because he was so terrible but because Williams struggled in Q1 for some reason. He was less than 3 tenths slower than Massa so it was probably his best Q session in F1 so far. 3 tenths behind Massa for 18 y.o. is perfectly acceptable for me.

He wont be dropped before the end of 2018 anyway, I'm quite certain. If he shows no improvement by mid 2018 and Williams manages to secure a better sponsorship deal than the current one with Martini, then maybe they'll get rid of him for 2019.

Alt Right Duff 13 May, 2017 22:27
Fp1 massa no doubt had a poor lap and lance his best. You cant poi t to one lap to prove lance is good enough, you must look at all his laps, which are pretty funny to be honest.

Lance is an embarassment for f1, not to mention williams. I like it because it makes me giggle in qually and races.

Max awesome todat, really getting right on top of poor dan. Dan having a crappy season so far. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net