Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Williams car upgrade - negative!!
forcedown 14 July, 2017 00:07
Anyway, FI frontwing is brilliant, its work!! We call it positive upgrade. Not Williams,it call downgrade. Not the gearbox.....the main is frontwing, stupid engineer there.

andy si 14 July, 2017 04:51
Quote:
forcedown
Anyway, FI frontwing is brilliant, its work!! We call it positive upgrade. Not Williams,it call downgrade. Not the gearbox.....the main is frontwing, stupid engineer there.

I heard that Lewis suffered too much front wing as well in Austria.. so too much front wing is a bullsh1t. That was straight from Toto himself.

forcedown 14 July, 2017 12:33
Not to much frontwing, but Williams design a wrong frontwing

rpralon 15 July, 2017 14:54
negative upgrade, or slow drivers ??

forcedown 15 July, 2017 21:37
Slow drver + slow car + wrong updates = bullshit

Mehryar 16 July, 2017 15:51
Very straightforward answer from Clair interview on F1.com :

Q: What can we expect from Williams in the next couple of races in terms of upgrades?

CW: Well, we brought a big upgrade to Austria and it only partly worked there – and it seems that we also have some issues with it here in Silverstone. So let’s see how Hungary pans out. Hopefully better!

So it didn't work as expected, that's why they didn't run in full configuration.
Sad thing there is no mention of gearbox/suspension update in Hungary too.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

phatjack 16 July, 2017 18:57
Quote:
Mehryar
Very straightforward answer from Clair interview on F1.com :
b]Q: What can we expect from Williams in the next couple of races in terms of upgrades?
yo
CW: Well, we brought a big upgrade to Austria and it only partly worked there – and it seems that we also have some issues with it here in Silverstone. So let’s see how Hungary pans out. Hopefully better![/b]

So it didn't work as expected, that's why they didn't run in full configuration.
Sad thing there is no mention of gearbox/suspension update in Hungary too.

Lawrence, I think you have been had by Williams. Your boy has shown real promise only to be let down by the incompetence that some across the pond consider to be the Williams legacy.

Hang tight Lawrence, on good rumour Claire is your friend!

forcedown 16 July, 2017 23:03
See.........thats why!! Every year update is wrong,not work!! They are bullshit n useless.

Duffer 18 July, 2017 04:54
Lol, lance is being carried by Williams, not let down! Dreaming.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

TMT 18 July, 2017 05:57
Even if Williams car upgrades are positive they are still going to be around 5th in the WCC, it is just the way it is, Williams are a midfield team at the moment, it is going to be very hard for Williams to overtake Mercedes, Ferrari & Red Bull, maybe one day but I don't know when.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/07/2017 06:00 by TMT.

Damon96 18 July, 2017 10:53
We are being owned by Force India at the moment - we were lucky they took each other out in Baku, we've been poor for compared to them for now almost two seasons - they started to pick up halfway throug 2015 with their B spec. What worries me is we know we have slow speed issues, they spent all of last year trying to fix it and failed and we've spent 3-4 months of this year on a big upgrade that has failed. 2014 we updated and developed the car really well, I can only assume everyone was dealing with quite simple aero packages - since then we've struggled. Or it really is the lack of "fancy" suspension that the other teams have and it is like the Conda exhaust years again - no matter what they do to the car - they are missing something fundamental to get them to the front. It does look like Renault where much more targeted at their development and it is paying off.

Duffer 18 July, 2017 13:56
There should be no more fancy suspension.

forcedown 19 July, 2017 02:21
Upgrade should more than 0.5 s faster than old one. That is upgrade. Wtf is wundtunnel running 24h/7d if nothing changes. This is bullshit.

AlanJones 19 July, 2017 04:19
Name one source that stated 0.5 seconds. Plus windtunnels and CFD computers are not allowed to run 24/7. There is a mandatory time limit per week.
If you troll, at least do it with correct info.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

forcedown 19 July, 2017 04:31
Im sound stupid but im not. Yes,im not technical person. But wtf are they doing if nothing improve,not in 1 years but its more than 10 years. Upgrade didnt work every year.

The frontwing didnt work properly i think, sound bullshit but its true mate!!

jeffFW14B 19 July, 2017 05:08
The main point is the ability of the designer. who's very naive to think that if want the car agile in the corner. then just reduced the car wheelbase or want the car more fast in the straight, well. just make a simple aerodynamic design pack can be.
I'm sure it's work better on the moon. not F1. or maybe a person like a Adrian Newey who can calculate the perfect balance.

andy si 20 July, 2017 09:47
Car designer has a rather simple job.. to make a fast aerodynamic race car with good dinamics. We would think.

It encompasses the chassis, engine, wings, floor, suspension and more.. and it has to be a complete package.

Duffer 20 July, 2017 13:01
Lmao. Simple job...

andy si 20 July, 2017 21:01
Quote:
Duffer
Lmao. Simple job...

You've heard of sarcasm before I believe...

phatjack 21 July, 2017 11:52
Quote:
andy si
Quote:
Duffer
Lmao. Simple job...

You've heard of sarcasm before I believe...

"dinamics" is where you lost me.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net