Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: British Grand Prix - General thread
GPL 15 July, 2017 12:29
It,s worse than that Jim.

Rubbish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2017 12:34 by gpl.

Francesc 15 July, 2017 12:29
Awful drving from Massa on this Q2 laps. He stays away from the kerbs afraid of crashing... Just compare it to the others.

GroveF1 15 July, 2017 12:34
What a bloody disgrace from start to finish

GPL 15 July, 2017 12:36
Massa running some old bits again.

Gunk 15 July, 2017 13:06
Quote:
Francesc
Awful drving from Massa on this Q2 laps. He stays away from the kerbs afraid of crashing... Just compare it to the others.

I think that's a bit harsh . . . neither has any confidence in the car. We're miles behind all the other midfielders.

Costly mistake by Bottas.

Andrew Hooper 15 July, 2017 13:10
I would agree with the drivers having no confidence with the car. We are getting to the stage where we just write of 2017 and hope that 2018 will see a better car.

On another note regardless of how much money he bought to the team Williams picked the wrong year to bring a rookie into the team given the major changes that took place with the cars. Makes it even harder for the team to develop the car.

Stu69 15 July, 2017 14:46
Tomorrow is another day, perhaps we can squeeze some points out of the situation. Very disappointing today for sure. Think Laurance needs to buy a new wind tunnel for us and a new CFD to replace the sinclair zx spectrum we use!

rpralon 15 July, 2017 14:49
Massa, Stroll... did you really expect better at wet tarmac?? not me [:wor kid:]
Williams MUST hire one competitive driver at least or get used to this kind of performance.

The solution for Massa is the INSS (Brazilian social security institute for retired people)

Mehryar 15 July, 2017 16:14
Interestingly Force India is in their same regular positions AGAIN! Hats off to them, they have a way way better car atm than ours.maybe pick performance of our car is same as them or even abit better but they have a better package cause it's more consistent, more predictable.
We lost 2 tracks where we should have out performed them, so logically 4th is gone.better to focus on Renault abd Mclaren.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Gunk 15 July, 2017 19:16
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
I would agree with the drivers having no confidence with the car. We are getting to the stage where we just write of 2017 and hope that 2018 will see a better car.
On another note regardless of how much money he bought to the team Williams picked the wrong year to bring a rookie into the team given the major changes that took place with the cars. Makes it even harder for the team to develop the car.

I'm not convinced this car concept can be developed. Oh, and Force India has a rookie too.

rpralon 16 July, 2017 00:03
Breaking News!! Felipe Massa arrested for extreme slowness

https://scontent.ffln1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20046509_10155605026487318_1431026665748394540_n.jpg?oh=f43608c42a6a44237aef2ec87476067b&oe=5A081E96

(Sm143)

Andrew Hooper 16 July, 2017 02:24
About the rookie ... very true. Ocon certainly is a step above Stroll. We may just have to face the fact that Lance is not going to be another Verstappen or anything even close.

Gunk 16 July, 2017 06:40
Quote:
Paddy Lowe
For some reason we weren't able to show the pace we've seen throughout the weekend so far, so unfortunately, he was knocked out. We are all hugely disappointed as the strong pace of the car isn't reflected in this grid today, but the car should be good tomorrow, and we'll see what we can do from 15th and 16th.

Some people will say anything (Sm6)

forcedown 16 July, 2017 06:43
Where is my thread FW40 is bullshit.....wtf?

andy si 16 July, 2017 06:45
I've learned one fact from years of watching F1... Team Williams are always extremely conservative in changing conditions. Practicaly last to react to changes on track.
And that is one thing that we're waiting to improve. Then we'll see team fortune turn for the better.
With all team personel changes through the years - conservative is still the name of the game at Williams.

Gamble a little if you want to profit a lot.

forcedown 16 July, 2017 09:06
Yes,we need gamble. But williams always made a wrong updates!! They going backward when every go forward. Stupid

Gunk 16 July, 2017 10:02
Quote:
andy si
I've learned one fact from years of watching F1... Team Williams are always extremely conservative in changing conditions. Practically last to react to changes on track.

I think the drivers are best placed to make good calls. Button was ace at calling it in changing conditions. And what about Alonso on Saturday. Just brilliant.

They are still forecasting light showers for today, so I definitely expect Alonso to finish in the points, even starting last.

GPL 16 July, 2017 10:58
Lets hope that Massa screwed up qualie and the car has indeed good race pace today.

I still think the 2 cars are running a mixed package today or at least Massa is.

Andrew Hooper 16 July, 2017 11:21
Well its just before the race and everyone is hoping that Williams can pull off another result like Austria ... I am not so hopeful.

Can only hope that some how the FW40 actually can produce some pace in the race. Again I am not so hopeful.

Sorry to all those who think I am been way too negative.

Andrew Hooper 16 July, 2017 11:30
Channel 4 interview with Massa: "Starting out of position. I hope we can do what we did in the last race."

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net