Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Massa not feeling well
phatjack 29 July, 2017 15:45
Quote:
Mehryar
I don't need to downplay his performance.his resume and career is clear despite all the support he could get from media, yet he failed to stay in F1.
Does this mean his pace is slower than a pay-driver? No! You fail to get the point like 99% of times.normal.

So now you're changing argument? How fitting? From questioning ones IQ to calling Massa/Stroll not being on the highest level?

Are you surprised a TV commentator who Williams holds as a reserve driver in waiting that steps in on short notice and makes their $80 million cash grab look whorish?

I think you should consider applying for a job at Grove.

Ozzy Osbone 29 July, 2017 15:53
I always thought Di Resta was pretty good and wouldn't be too sad to see him in the car for the rest of the year. I doubt anyone could have done much better today. Tough gig.

Certainly worse drivers than Di Resta in F1 today.

Mehryar 29 July, 2017 16:59
Changing topic?! Certainly your IQ again fails to help you understand the single easy point!
Am I surprised DiResta is that much close to Stroll who was doing close to Massa in last couple of races, without any practice? Yes! The whole point is he proved the current line up of our team is not anything good, because a deportee driver after 4yrs out of cockpit comes and nearly match them.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

phatjack 29 July, 2017 17:10
Quote:
Mehryar
Changing topic?! Certainly your IQ again fails to help you understand the single easy point!
Am I surprised DiResta is that much close to Stroll who was doing close to Massa in last couple of races, without any practice? Yes! The whole point is he proved the current line up of our team is not anything good, because a deportee driver after 4yrs out of cockpit comes and nearly match them.

OK, MS I think and I thanks you for clarifying your position. Next time can you write with less ambiguity?

MartiniSalad 29 July, 2017 17:22
I'm with you there Ozzy. DiR was rather unlucky to lose his FI seat and made Sutil look a chump in a decent amount of races. He's more adept than some give him credit, he was never blazing but he was deserving of a place in F1. I was shocked none of the backmarkers tried to pick him up in '14. Mehryar, I get your point as well, I don't like the fact teams around us like FI and Haas have a better lineup than us and are more able to perform better than the car should be (I say Haas because I really rate RoGro), but I don't think the drivers currently are as far from extracting the max from the car as you do, that's down to opinions though so I ain't gonna rubbish your view. Phatty, I thought Stroll was quite average in this quali as well and the 0.7 gap does show him up a little, but I think DiR made the most of not being under pressure and Stroll coming across Kvyat (2 points off a race ban now) was unlucky. I don't remember if he was going to improve that lap, but the penultimate one was his own fault for his Turn 4 mishap, but then again, even Hamilton struggled there. Numero uno is the car, it needs sorting, quali pace especially, and it's safe to say every Williams fan is having their patience tested here.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

Ozzy Osbone 29 July, 2017 18:00
I dunno. I think it's Massa. I think he's @#$%& useless. I hope he now doesn't die or something as that would make me look like an @#$%& but where is our car development? We can't put in Stroll. Who's there telling us that we have a good or bad car and why? Massa?

Dunno. Sooner we are rid of the guy the better. He has never cut it. Managed to lose a WDC that was there for the taking. Now just cruises around and it's always the car etc.

We need a driver who can make the car better. FFS I would put Hill and Mansell back in TODAY as I think they would land us more points by the season end.

Can't we get one serious driver instead of this stream of pay driving, frigging journeymen?

MartiniSalad 29 July, 2017 21:48
We should be able to have a team that know for themselves how to efficiently update a car and leave set ups to the drivers. As it is, I'm losing patience with the way things are but we're in a transition period while Lowe gets things the way he likes, I'm biting my tongue until he has enough time to be properly assessed. The drivers shouldn't be much of a problem, Massa's providing pace and that's what should be asked of a driver, Stroll's getting there and gives us cash to improve the team. It's what's underneath them, and how we use it. Massa isn't long term and by the end of next year at the latest he'll be heading for pastures new, but the failure of a group of designers can't be attributed to one driver. He conplains without much substance, that irritates, but developing the car is only something drivers pass word about, it's down to the designers and updaters in the end to piece it all together the best way they can figure.

You can only get over your fears if you attack them head on - Mika Hakkinen

Darron 01 August, 2017 16:26
Aren't there rumblings that we might not even be able to afford Massa for 2018?

rpralon 20 August, 2017 15:24
Williams need to ditch Massa and hire a driver more motivated .
Charles Leclerc is a very good bet. Pascal Wehrlein also.
Or bring some Indycar guy... NewGarden, Pagenaud, Hinchcliffe.
Meanwhile Paddy Lowe talks about Paul Di Resta... It doesnt look good for me.
Di Resta's time in F1 is over... like Massa , who is doing overtime this year.
Williams need new blody, more passionate drivers and stop with of this kind conservative management. The fact is the team has the worst duo of grid, and the result is clear in the championship classification. and we never know the real potential of 2017 car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/08/2017 17:36 by rpralon.

TMT 21 August, 2017 02:01
Quote:
The fact is the team has the worst duo of grid

Its interesting that Williams have the fourth best car on the grid but the worst driver pairing.

Duffer 21 August, 2017 05:36
Williams have had @#$%& drivers for years. Years and years. Their policy is shocking and I have no idea who is responsible for it.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii244/jock298/Duffer_2Sig.png

TMT 21 August, 2017 06:19
Quote:
Duffer
Williams have had @#$%& drivers for years. Years and years. Their policy is shocking and I have no idea who is responsible for it.

Yep it has been a very long time since Williams have had a top driver pairing, I don't know who was responsible for it before but now I think Claire Williams is responsible for it.

Williams driver pairings are a f@cking disaster.

TMT 21 August, 2017 06:26
Williams driver pairings for the last 20 years = (Sm8)

TMT 22 August, 2017 03:40
What has happened to Williams since the FW14B???

WTF has happened??? I think maybe Claire needs to be sacked.

Bring back the FW14B.

TMT 22 August, 2017 11:39
Can Williams produce another FW14B or am I just dreaming?

Ozzy Osbone 22 August, 2017 11:55
Well Whitey, the whole structure of the sport may change over the next while and with Paddy L on board and some money, yes, Williams could. We need a culture shift from being best of the rest to kicking the factory team's asses like we used to. I believe we are the team most likely to do it, given the right conditions.

I think there is something fundamentally rotten in our car design dept though as Force India always seem to build a better one on no money. That is the one thing we need to look at and I believe that is why Paddy has been brought in. After all the pretenders, I think he is the real deal.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net