Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: Launch Date FW41 15th Feb
SehnKhan 17 February, 2018 04:23
Quote:
Andrew Hooper
Sort of sad to see the level of support from Oris now only a small logo on the front nose. At one time they use to be a big sponsor of Williams.

Williams nearly lost them a few years back, I recall they were missing from the launch livery and only appeared back on the car, website etc at Albert Park.

It was down to their sponsorship of Williams that even opened my eyes to their brand, and I do own an Oris watch (not a Williams edition, an Artix Chronograph).

Gwanni 17 February, 2018 08:02
Bit is looking aggressive, i like the car especially from the mid section backwards. Regarding the front wing, i m not impressed but maybe it is only a test/prototype front wing. There is a nice artcile by Craig and he says the car is a huge imporvement in terms of aero.

Cross fingers

GPL 17 February, 2018 09:50
Hi.

Yes i think/hope the front end will change before first test maybe look more
Mercish.

It does not seem to match up to the rest of the car at all at present.

Rumblestrip 17 February, 2018 10:14
Absolutely, Paddy Lowe has spent 12 months planning this car's architecture, and it is richly detailed, except for the nose. Wasn't there a note that our nose had failed the crash test at the end of January? -if so it must be a new nose that we are about to get. Very excited about this car, it mixes all the elements of the top two teams and shares the best engine with the 4 times WCC car. It has great DNA and is built with inside knowledge of what both the top teams were prioritising for next developments a year ago. The black paint is camouflage, and some details in front of the rear axle might be red herrings. But this car might be right on the pace. If Renault haven't hit as many engine targets as Merc over the winter this could be very entertaining.

campos7 17 February, 2018 10:17
Quote:
Gwanni
Bit is looking aggressive, i like the car especially from the mid section backwards. Regarding the front wing, i m not impressed but maybe it is only a test/prototype front wing. There is a nice artcile by Craig and he says the car is a huge imporvement in terms of aero.
Cross fingers

link?

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9255/uy6ursz2.jpg

Francesc 17 February, 2018 11:04
Quote:
campos7
Quote:
Gwanni
Cross fingers

link?

[drivetribe.com]

I love how finally the gearbox is raised so the diffuser gets more air over it.

K1 17 February, 2018 11:04
I have just read that the front wing is a '17 wing. As for the term 'aggressive'...different things to different people. IMO a lot of hoo har. Let's see the car that lines up on the grid in Melbourne.

tomazy 17 February, 2018 11:17
The front wing that is on the renders of FW41 was never seen on FW40, it is simillar but not the same. Also, the sidepods are extreamly agresiv, they have a huge undercut as I posted before. ESPN ahs a nice rotating model of the car, where you cann see 3D shape of the sidepod. The air is going almost streight from the cocpit tu the difusor, veary little tear drop shape there.

ESPN link

Damon96 17 February, 2018 11:58
Looks good, compared to last year the sidepods look very aggressive, hard to see the back with it all in black. Didn't earlier in Jan Paddy so a few bits were behind so we may still have some major developments still to come. Only concern is the driver line up, might think I'm mad but wish we had Massa not Stroll in the car, at least then we'd have a baseline I'd trust.

GPL 17 February, 2018 12:28
I know what you are saying about a baseline with Massa but he and even Bottas did not extract 100% out of the cars they where given.

look at Bottas now being walked all over by Hamster.

I say lets give the guy a chance if he is given a good car to race with.

He stepped up to the plate to get this seat/chance so maybe he has got what it takes.

Kubica can be our baseline now i hope.

Really looking forward to seeing the real new FW41.

Polemik 17 February, 2018 12:41
Craig Scarborough :

"Not confirmed at the launch, but Williams are expected to run a new gearbox this year, most likely a carbon fibre outer casing and a small titanium cartridge inside to hold the gears and differential.

This format is common across nearly every team, but Williams have been the sole team running a cast aluminium gearbox case and is judged by competitors to be an inferior solution from a weight and stiffness point of view."

[drivetribe.com]

Carinni 17 February, 2018 12:44
The figures told that Kubica is slower than massa in a 2017 car

GPL 17 February, 2018 12:55
i know i read that also, but i still see Robert as a key signing for us.

Gwanni 17 February, 2018 13:33
Quote:
gpl
i know i read that also, but i still see Robert as a key signing for us.

Agreed, at least we can get some attention from the press/tv stations as they will follow Kubica with great interest this year.

Carinni 17 February, 2018 14:26
That’s true. But I won’t expect much from the drivers, obviously Williams signed them for money. Though they told media they made the decision based on performance. But I think nobody will believe 😂 as I said, if the money makes no difference, y would I give u gbp15m?

phatjack 17 February, 2018 16:40
Quote:
Polemik
Craig Scarborough :
"Not confirmed at the launch, but Williams are expected to run a new gearbox this year, most likely a carbon fibre outer casing and a small titanium cartridge inside to hold the gears and differential.

This format is common across nearly every team, but Williams have been the sole team running a cast aluminium gearbox case and is judged by competitors to be an inferior solution from a weight and stiffness point of view."

[drivetribe.com]

Pay drivers despite what Claire says make this possible. I don't see any reason for Williams to be using an inferior solution.

GPL 17 February, 2018 16:49
Well after all this new stuff/ideas going into this years car it should be either quick or slow with major issues, it should not be average as usual.

I for one would rather gamble this way than have another average groundhog day car.

Mehryar 17 February, 2018 17:01
From 2 sites, one tell the front wing is the same used in season close for fw40 and will be changed (though you can see similarities even with the launch spec of fw40) and the other one some posters in f1technical claim the whole nose cone + front wing will be changed in time for first race and the team will use a Mercedes like nose.

Not sure about the nose design but the front wing looks very same of last year design if not identical.as the whole project is new, it needs a new beggining point to spread the air around too so maybe we will see a new front wing soon atleast.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

GPL 17 February, 2018 17:06
This new stuff needs to be at the second test at the latest really so they can understand how the whole new design is working.

phatjack 17 February, 2018 18:28
https://postimg.org/image/4rxq2bmul

AJ, now that's something to be proud about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 18:29 by phatjack.

Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net