Latest news:

2019 Japanese Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Technically what is wrong with FW41???
Polemik 11 March, 2018 15:32
Quote:
Mikef1
Well thank God you know the solution. Maybe Williams should hire you.

smiling bouncing smileythumbs down

Anderis 11 March, 2018 15:33
FW41 is technically BULLSHIT. Wrong car. Williams car is suck.

Mikef1 11 March, 2018 15:34
If the car needed bits redesigned then it wouldn't hit the lap times on the soft. It would have been 1.20+

It took 3 months for us to find the optimal setup for our Toyotas at times in the first years. Especially when we made big changes. If you need to know more. Refer to jenson button getting lapped by Hamilton because he couldn't switch the tyres on because he got lost with setup. I believe that was Canada 2013.

Now. If a driver and team as good as button can make those mistakes halfway through a season, how can you not fathom that Williams can't do it before the season gets underway with lesser drivers?

Do you think McLaren built jenson a car that deliberately couldn't lap to Hamilton's pace? Or can you concede that they made a mistake with setup? If you can, then maybe you can also see how much you're over reacting. Especially as 3 other teams including the mighty Mercedes had the same issues.

GPL 11 March, 2018 16:01
Well lets see who is right .

I say it will need more updated redesigned parts you say it is still all down to adjustments.

I don,t care who wins this little challenge as long as when they fix it, it is fast,
what say you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2018 16:10 by gpl.

Mikef1 11 March, 2018 16:21
I just love race cars

Mikef1 11 March, 2018 16:22
Come play the Australia qualifying prediction game

GPL 11 March, 2018 17:01
thumbs down

AlanJones 11 March, 2018 17:04
Quote:
Mikef1
Well thank God you know the solution. Maybe Williams should hire you.

Ouch..! I could feel the burn from up here..

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Jasper777 11 March, 2018 21:44
Didn't Merc credit Kubica with the work he did for them on their simulator that helped solve they issues with tyre wear etc.
If our front end corner entry instability is causing issues I for one have faith that lubricant will form a large part of the solution. Don't forget SIM work isn't time ltd like wind tunnel is.

It's still a couple of weeks till Melbourne a lot of setups to try In the SIM.

Keep the faith guys.

Williams will come for.

Francesc 12 March, 2018 16:49
Interesting comment on the F1technical forum about the corner entry instability:

Pitch sensitivity of the aerodynamics. On braking when the air pitches forward all the detailed vortices and flow structures go out of whack. In other words they have a lot of work to do on the front wing and the bargeboards!

j-s 12 March, 2018 19:12
If the corner entry problem is so pronounced I'm skeptical about a quick fix. A new front wing and suspension or whatever is a big task. And it all cascades towards the back of the car anyway, so a fix up front could nullify any improvement in the back. That's what my non-engineer brain tells me anyway.

And yeah, thanks paddy for the kind words on the quality of the aero equipment and team at Grove. But if they're so good then why is there such a glaring weakness to begin with? Makes me wonder.

Paddy: "I think we can make a lot more progress within the season, and even into next."

reading this before the first race, is just... ugh... I can't even...

Mehryar 12 March, 2018 19:33
I wonder if the new front wing is any help...The lunch edition was hardly used through the test.but surely there's something wrong otherwise there is no point to have a part, know it's better, then use another part.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

cecogor 13 March, 2018 11:25
I think answer on this question gives Newey

From AMuS
Newey would first prohibit the wind tunnels. "Technically, they are dinosaurs that soon die anyway. We construct more and more with the help of CFD simulation"

May be Williams team needs more SW power when create a new car.

GPL 13 March, 2018 11:41
Yes again i was interested in the article.

Yet Paddy was bigging up Williams tunnel to some degree and i think Merc have had there updated this year.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net