Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: 2018 F1 Australian Build up Thread.
andy si 19 March, 2018 18:12
I dare say that would be good for us as Stroll proved he can handle wet conditions.. so it's an unlikely scenario that rain will happen for us.

Mikef1 19 March, 2018 22:11
Also gets rid of the softer tyre issue the team is now in for Melbourne.

M79 20 March, 2018 06:53
Quote:
Mikef1
Also gets rid of the softer tyre issue the team is now in for Melbourne.

Downside is however that we'll also be lacking tracktime to build knowledge how to resolve it. I am however curious as to how good our car actually is in the wet. How good was Sergey in the wet actualy in lower formulae?

Mikef1 20 March, 2018 07:55
Well the weather forecast keeps moving on so at this rate it will be a dry weekend with minimal threat of rain in the race. Review it on Thursday you know how inept the 5hr weather forecast was over the last few weeks!! Constantly told it's snow storms and you look outside and the sun is shining

AlanJones 20 March, 2018 08:02
I'm getting quite excited for the new season ahead at the moment..

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Anderis 20 March, 2018 10:14
On the other hand, I'm less excited than ever.

AlanJones 20 March, 2018 10:45
Is that because of our lousy form during testing?

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Gunk 20 March, 2018 11:02
Quote:
Anderis
On the other hand, I'm less excited than ever.

Care to elaborate why, Anderis?

Anderis 20 March, 2018 11:10
F1 is rather meh recently. Pecking order is fixed because of unfair FOM payments, sophisticated engines and other things and last year's areo changes have made the racing less interesting. Also teams are getting more and more professional and they make less and less mistakes, and their form varies less depending on conditions. The "I have no idea what's going to happen" factor, which was crucial in attracting me to watch F1 in the past, seems to have diminished.

Francesc 20 March, 2018 13:15
Quote:
AlanJones

Same here. I don't know why but every season I'm more excited about the first race.

Gunk 20 March, 2018 13:37
Quote:
Anderis
F1 is rather meh recently. Pecking order is fixed because of unfair FOM payments, sophisticated engines and other things and last year's areo changes have made the racing less interesting. Also teams are getting more and more professional and they make less and less mistakes, and their form varies less depending on conditions. The "I have no idea what's going to happen" factor, which was crucial in attracting me to watch F1 in the past, seems to have diminished.

Fair comment. Boring predictability is the kiss of death for any sport and the current regs have certainly conspired to exaggerate this. 2010 was probably the last season of open competition.

However, I am sure things will change. The sport is losing fans and Liberty is also turning them away . . . the UK will have no free to air TV in 2019, no streaming service and more than likely no GP. Revenues are already declining and costs will have to follow suit. I also think a breakaway series is possible in the coming power / money struggle.

j-s 20 March, 2018 15:36
I'm looking forward to seeing the new F1 branding and packaging... I want to see if it makes any difference. The Americanization of F1 is upon us.

Not excited too much about the racing. Pretty much in line with Anderis (surprising).

Mehryar 20 March, 2018 16:57
In return I'm even more excited about this season.
I'm enjoying the racing new rules is offering...Overtaking is harder, cars are alot faster and more of a race is spent pushing.
At the front there was a good battle last year and there's no reason to think it won't be better this year with RBR and its 2 great drivers can be in the mix too.
Midfield looks even tighter than last year and for Williams, this is start of a new era with Paddy Lowe's cars.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

andy si 20 March, 2018 17:37
Quote:
AlanJones

Myself included!

Ozzy Osbone 20 March, 2018 18:10
Yeah. Me too. We may appear to be on the back foot and maybe this will be another false dawn but surely we have the people in place not to make this happen? It's going to be a very interesting season.

Andrew Hooper 21 March, 2018 01:23
I am like others in that the first race of the season always has that element of how will Williams perform. I do get that feeling of anticipation and excitement for how the Williams team will go.

But my hopes for a good season can be maintained or destroyed in this one race. Yes I know it is only the first race and the rest of the season really should not be assessed on a single race but I just can't help myself.

As for the rest of F1 it will pretty much be the same as 2017 with Mercedes and Ferrari fighting it out and maybe Red Bull joining the party. But for the rest of the teams its just going to be a case of picking up the scraps left by the top three. How can you fight against such massively budgeted and resourced teams you can't.

Andrew Hooper 21 March, 2018 01:28
Oh yes one other thing I will unfortunately be away for the Saturday practice and qualifying as my son and I have to test some new parts that we are allowed to run on his kart this year. It involves a new exhaust and carbie. Saturday is the only time we can fit it in what with the next race meeting in early April.

Supposedly they are worth about 3 to 4 tenths and we are keen to find out.

But I will be around on Friday and most definitely Sunday.

Mikef1 21 March, 2018 07:48
Awesome do you have someone who does your data analysis if not I'd be happy to give it a once over

Mikef1 21 March, 2018 14:17
Chemist warehouse sponsoring us this weekend and feel sure they did at some point last year too.

Mikef1 21 March, 2018 15:32
We are also still running the black tipped noses so the idea that it was a homage to a guy that died is nonsense. I believe there are differences that we can't see. Possibly behind the nose and interacting with the top side of the cape. This is an area of development as the team learns more about it

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net