Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Australian GP - Friday Practice
Andrew Hooper 23 March, 2018 06:34
Looks like we are close to the likes of Torro Rosso, Renault, and Force India but still was hoping for improved pace. But not to be. Where the drivers finished was sort of where you expected with Lance ahead of Sergey by 0.4. But it will all change no doubt if the weather plays its part on Saturday.

hemorrhage 23 March, 2018 06:40
8th - 18th less than 1s gap......wth.....too tight. Williams need right strategy for pick points. We fight for 7-10th.

Midfield is more interesting to watch.

AlanJones 23 March, 2018 06:57
Fantastic to see the midfield running this tight. Good to see we are close to others. And this with a car that needs more understanding and more fine tuning. The concept of the FW41 is great. Now let's score double points on sunday!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Mikef1 23 March, 2018 07:54
With a midfield this tight having the best pit Stop crew in the business could mean points or no points

atheonr 23 March, 2018 08:05
Both Sirotkin and Stroll are happy with the car and they say they can do a Q3.

AlanJones 23 March, 2018 08:08
Im suprised by Stroll being this grown up. He has done some serious work during the winter months. Lets see if it pays off.

Mikef1 23 March, 2018 08:16
Quotes?

atheonr 23 March, 2018 08:17
Lance Stroll: I think it was a positive day, looking at the laptimes and everything. I think we can improve quite a bit, because we got the red flag and I went back out and did my time on a one lap tyre, so there is definitely a few tenths in that. If you ask me I think we are in a decent position. We don't know where the other cars are on fuel and everything, and we don't know what engine mode people are running, so that is a question mark. It seems like the car is a bit better here than in testing. At the end of the session the engine went into a safety mode. At the practice start seeing the red lights with the halo is fine.

Sergey Sirotkin: Both sessions were quite good today. I went through different stuff, going through normal things to understand the car and the track. Itís not easy, but itís as expected. Overall, everything feels very different to Barcelona. Itís still a bit early to say, but I think we look OK. You get more confidence with every lap and every corner, especially when you try different things. There are still many new things for me to learn procedurally. Q3 is obviously the target, but the midfield is very close. Itís not going to be easy but if we do a perfect job we could be there. Weíre improving, but altogether the picture compared to Barcelona looks very different.

Myvatn 23 March, 2018 09:00
I did not follow the practice sessions, so I can just judge from lap times and it does not look that great - even if midfield is really close.

Mikef1 23 March, 2018 09:19
Think it would have looked a lot worse if he hadn't made such dramatic changes to the car. At least this way it's easy to find more performance with each update.

Carinni 23 March, 2018 10:03
Quote:
atheonr
Both Sirotkin and Stroll are happy with the car and they say they can do a Q3.
Not likely indeed, best of the rest should be haas, then mclaren, Renault n Williams fighting for the last two grid positions. But maybe there is rain tmr, then another story

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2018 10:06 by Carinni.

Mikef1 23 March, 2018 10:06
Deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2018 10:09 by Mikef1.

phatjack 23 March, 2018 10:50
https://i.imgur.com/IJ4g5ft.jpg

Mikef1 23 March, 2018 11:15
Well that's depressing. I wonder why the team is so optimistic sounding. Guess we find out tomorrow

Anderis 23 March, 2018 11:17
I started being pessimistic about Williams somewhere during winter testing, then a bit less pessimistic after the pace the team has shown on harder compounds during the final testing day but I'm back to being pessimistic again now.

Anderis 23 March, 2018 11:19
Quote:
Mikef1
Well that's depressing. I wonder why the team is so optimistic sounding. Guess we find out tomorrow
It has been a trend for years. Most of the teams are more optimistic than pessimistic most of the time.

Carinni 23 March, 2018 11:27
Sir canít make 1.2s faster than stroll as expected. Either stroll improved a lot or sirís talent is far from massasí. He is here is just because his money brought from Russia

Mehryar 23 March, 2018 11:34
We have been 6th to 8th best team by what timesheet offers in both winter tests and here in practice sessions.I don't think it's only Williams between 10 teams who go in a different route both in test and practice sessions.that's where we are atm though Australia sometimes gives a false picture of grid and also the car is a revoultion which needs time.

Btw, don't read so much into Stroll's comments and optimism...he has been like that on 20/20 occasion of last year.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

AlanJones 23 March, 2018 11:43
This is going to be interesting. Verstappen quicker on Soft than Hamilton on UltraSoft.
This will be an interesting tactical race if driven on slicks.

Mikef1 23 March, 2018 11:57
Could also be a sign of Mercedes really preserving their engines. The demands on the engine this year will be insane.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net