Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Miami? WTF
Discussion started by Ozzy Osbone , 02 May, 2018 17:57
Miami? WTF
Ozzy Osbone 02 May, 2018 17:57
F1 wants to replace Baku with Miami. Same place as the bullshit and suck FE track apparently. What is wrong with these people? Baku is becoming a race to look forward to and they throw it away for another Valencia fail?

F1 should fight like hell to keep Baku. It's becoming one of the best races on the calendar. The F2 races were really good too. I would hate to see it go and be replaced by some mickey mouse street track with lots of 'glam' and fake titz.

Bernie + Chase = a pair of fake titz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 17:58 by Ozzy Osbone.

Re: Miami? WTF
IanSmithISA 02 May, 2018 18:42
Good afternoon,

As a T.V. event I find it hard to believe that Baku has not been a success but with only a few years history it could easily become another Turkey, Korea, India; not worth the cost to those who have to foot the bill.

Being English I am biased about the lack of public progress on the British GP after 2019, this is worrying me.

Although it would be unfair to assign much responsibility to Liberty as decisions would have been made before their takeover, Malaysia did leave F1 under their stewardship.

So are we in the situation that "debt talks" and Liberty need the sky (in the U.K. Sky :-) ) high hosting and TV fees to balance the books?

Bye

Ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 18:43 by IanSmithISA.

phatjack 02 May, 2018 19:51
I think they should dump Sochi and keep Baku.

Ozzy Osbone 02 May, 2018 20:15
If F1 was serious about entertainment, this would never be on the cards. The Aus GP for instance is very special to many around the world because it reminds them of those legendary days in Adelaide. Melbourne has just been a flop. A race to endure. It just needs someone with some common sense to look at track design and say 'This is what we want, it's quite simple, give it to us'. The only exception I suppose would be Monaco as that is so extreme and so steeped in F1 history but would we really want to watch 20 Monaco GP's a year? I would not.

Valencia was an awful circuit. Miami will be the same. It's the RACING that counts, not the showgirls or razzmataz. Nobody gives a toss about that. Baku has been superb entertainment I think

Mikef1 02 May, 2018 22:14
I despise Monaco and never watch the race. I only ever watch qualifying

Mehryar 02 May, 2018 22:53
There was a refuse from Baku on these rumors but if it happens, it won't be the first time a great track drops.
Turkey was one of the best race tracks designed in last 20 yrs & they let it go easily.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Ozzy Osbone 02 May, 2018 22:59

T-800 Model 101 03 May, 2018 02:46
Quote:
Mikef1
I despise Monaco and never watch the race. I only ever watch qualifying

What??? I really enjoy the Monaco race.

T-800 Model 101 03 May, 2018 02:52
Quote:
Valencia was an awful circuit. Miami will be the same. It's the RACING that counts, not the showgirls or razzmataz. Nobody gives a toss about that. Baku has been superb entertainment I think

But didn't Chase get rid of the showgirls/grid girls confused smiley

A.Fant 03 May, 2018 08:31
Baku is a top-3 track for me, it's a Macau Grand Prix for F1 cars. I think Spa-Francorchamps is the only current track I can clearly put ahead of it and that has a lot to do with history which Baku lacks.

Mikef1 03 May, 2018 09:06
I think the formula works well and could be applied to other street circuits. Huge straight with many corners meaning instead of the traditional high downforce no overtake you have to find the balance.

Baku is brilliant because different cars find their lap time in very different ways. This leads to race long battles. Ferrari were excellent on tyre management because they were running higher df than Mercedes but Kimi struggled initially to pass leclerc and stroll because the drag down the straight was a big problem. His car was so out of position.

Also. The tyres losing so much temperature before breaking into turn 1 separated the men from the boys on several occasions. Lewis. Seb and the red bulls all making rare mistakes.

phatjack 03 May, 2018 11:17
So what's the plan to hold Austin, Miami and the Mexican GP's on successive weekends? Or will they fly back to Europe in between?

Mikef1 03 May, 2018 11:40
Quote:
phatjack
So what's the plan to hold Austin, Miami and the Mexican GP's on successive weekends? Or will they fly back to Europe in between?

Biggest issue with f1 is their globe hopping. Singapore and Malaysia are 2 hours apart in a car but I don't remember a single season they've done this logically.

Imagine if they were logical enough to go around the world visiting tracks in an order that reduced emissions and cut team costs.

Mehryar 03 May, 2018 12:17
Quote:
Mikef1
Quote:
phatjack

Biggest issue with f1 is their globe hopping. Singapore and Malaysia are 2 hours apart in a car but I don't remember a single season they've done this logically.

Imagine if they were logical enough to go around the world visiting tracks in an order that reduced emissions and cut team costs.

I think this was a plan for Americans when they took over the sport to make calendar within a few years which is more based on how races are spread.without this, a plan for 25races calendar is impossible.

About USA, I am all behind making a small "american season" within the calendar which is contained of 3-4 back to back races in states.F1 needs USA & the huge money + sponsership + fanbase laying there and one race only doesn't get the attention it needs to gain a huge fanbase from America.it simply doesn't interest a Nascar fan to join, they need a huge show, something special to make interest.
It's ridiculous that Nascar has a bigger revenue through its sponsership than F1.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net