Minutes
Seconds

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
ALO ALO ALO
Discussion started by Ozzy Osbone , 08 June, 2018 12:25
ALO ALO ALO
Ozzy Osbone 08 June, 2018 12:25
Has ever there been a top driver who was in the wrong place at the wrong time so often? It's clear the guy could be 5 times champ by now but he keeps jumping into the wrong team. First going to Ferrari and leaving just as they became contenders. Now he's In Mclaren where their boasts of the best chassis were clearly nonsense and now Honda has more or less caught up with Renault and will probably be the better engine by the end of the year. He's an @#$%& and has burned his bridges with Fiat and Honda.

Compare to Hamilton who has been in a race winning car pretty much every season of his career.

It's hilarious.

Re: ALO ALO ALO
Mikef1 08 June, 2018 12:34
So I read recently he almost signed for Red Bull for the 2010 season. Instead he chose Ferrari.

A.Fant 08 June, 2018 12:42
I rate Alonso as the greatest driver of this generation, perhaps even the greatest ever. It is such a shame he has had to spend the majority of his career in second tier or worse cars.
If Vettel fails to bring home the WDC this year I hope Ferrari go out and re-hire Alonso as his teammate.

AlanJones 08 June, 2018 12:54
Sorry to say so, I do rate Alonso as one of the greatest. But his remark towards Schumacher back in 2005 has done him wrong. Poor old Alonso.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

T-800 Model 101 08 June, 2018 14:14
I think Alonso must have put a hat on a bed at some stage, and under no circumstances do you ever ever place a hat on a bed.Putting a hat on a bed causes bad vibes bad karma.if you do it you will have 10 years bad luck....poor Alonso why oh why did he have to put that hat on a bed 12 years ago I took along time to type this...on drugs while typing (Sm89)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 14:42 by T-800 Model 101.

Ozzy Osbone 08 June, 2018 14:26
Is that from the smurf song Whitey?

[www.youtube.com]

I think ALO has put too many noses out of joint over the years. If you compare to HAM or others who support their team when things are going badly.

Why would Ferrari take him back over a very cheap Leclerc who is clearly potentially as good and has many years left in him and will cost nothing? I see Leclerc in the Ferrari after Kimi.

T-800 Model 101 08 June, 2018 14:50
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
[www.youtube.com]

I think ALO has put too many noses out of joint over the years. If you compare to HAM or others who support their team when things are going badly.

Why would Ferrari take him back over a very cheap Leclerc who is clearly potentially as good and has many years left in him and will cost nothing? I see Leclerc in the Ferrari after Kimi.

just watched that smurf song now I''m trippin (Sm97)

A.Fant 08 June, 2018 15:01
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
[www.youtube.com]

I highly disagree, I'd say there is no more than 5% probability that Leclerc turns out to be as good as Alonso - which is a higher percentage than any other driver in the field bar Verstappen.

Even so, Ferrari only employs proven drivers and Leclerc will not be an option for them before 2021 at the earliest.

Ozzy Osbone 12 June, 2018 18:08
[www.motorsport.com]

Closer and closer to the top guys.

LOL.

an.jo 12 June, 2018 19:59
The only time Alonso was challenged by a top-level teammate, the 19-year-old-rookie Lewis Hamilton, he tried to blackmail McLaren into giving him No. 1 status, then slinked away. That told me all I ever needed to know about Mr. Alonso.

Anderis 12 June, 2018 21:37
19-year-old-rookie Lewis Hamilton? Did they race together in 2004 in F3 Euro Series?

an.jo 12 June, 2018 23:02
Quote:
Anderis
19-year-old-rookie Lewis Hamilton? Did they race together in 2004 in F3 Euro Series?

Sorry. 22-year-old rookie. (I suppose I was thinking of Button's age when he was signed by Williams.) Being unable to best a 22-year-old-rookie teammate is much less damning for Alonso ... I guess.

Ozzy Osbone 12 June, 2018 23:30
Yeah, that was a fun season. Had his ass well and truly handed to him then.

Ozzy Osbone 12 June, 2018 23:43
Reading what Brown has said about Indycar, it looks like ALO is gone from F1 after this season. I guess the triple crown is his target now rather than this corrupt series. Good luck to the guy.

j-s 13 June, 2018 00:18
I also rate ALonso very very highly. Good thing he has a couple of WDCs, otherwise the narrative about him would be even more alarmist.

Can't blame him for choosing teams after leaving Renault the first time. He's had some very bad luck.

Wish he would consider Williams at some point. It'll never happen but it'd be nice.

Gunk 13 June, 2018 08:33
There must be a point where Alonso's patience expires.

McLaren doesn't sound as if it's the happiest environment at the moment. Quite a few senior people are said to be 'loose'. Canada was very disappointing where the car was clearly behind the other Renault powered guys.

Speaking of Renault, is that an option for Freddo? Sainz is only on loan after all. Renault has the money, but breaking the top three lockout before the rule changes is still going to be a big ask.

AlanJones 13 June, 2018 08:33
22 year old debuting Hamilton. These days all the talents need to be in F1 at the age of 20. Else they are old already. Incredible.

Anderis 13 June, 2018 09:38
Actually, of all drivers who scored a WDC in F1 after 2004, Hamilton is the one who was the oldest at the point of his F1 debut!

Alonso, Vettel and Button were 19
Rosberg 20
Raikkonen 21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 09:40 by Anderis.

AlanJones 13 June, 2018 09:54
What I mean, is that you do not necessarily need to debut at the age of 20 to just be successful. Raikkonen was frowned upon by entry into Formula One. He had less experience racing in open wheelers than Verstappen on his debut.

Gunk 13 June, 2018 11:12
I remember people had concerns about Algersuari. And compared to Stroll's multi-million world tour preparation, he had precisely one straight line test before F1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net