2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 7 of 33
Re: News and Stuff!
Francesc 12 January, 2019 16:23
From STR pr: Randstad logo will appear on the drivers' race suits and pit crew helmets.

They won't even appear on the cars and you would rather have them than Acronis?
You can't be serious.

AlanJones 12 January, 2019 19:51
I'm naming the Randstad deal of us. Not the one from STR. And I'm comparing this over a shared sponsorship from Acronis that we have now.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Francesc 12 January, 2019 20:06
I see. Me too. They were a loyal partner.

Albi-Quin 12 January, 2019 21:21
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Albi-Quin
Quote:
AlanJones
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwisaldW0AAQtlY.png

Its not like they left us this year. Also its Randstad Italy
Happily swap for Acronis

Acronis also sponsors Force Canada. So I'd havethe exclusive Randstad deal with (likely) a higher sponsorship every day over a shared sponsorship.

Earlier in the thread it seems that we may have Acronis as a larger sponsor. Eagle says well have their Acronis sponsorship

EagleF1 12 January, 2019 23:49
Tis true, Acronis were sponsors of STR and technical partner/supplier to williams and FI. This year Williams get the sponsorship, was always the plan since last year.

ihme 31 January, 2019 20:07
A 55km climb (Sm164)

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/2ca256fde6a86799aeaf0f2b4db88a1717fc5d958f9488bc843c7bfa38b8c035.png

andy si 31 January, 2019 22:25
Quote:
ihme
A 55km climb (Sm164)
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/2ca256fde6a86799aeaf0f2b4db88a1717fc5d958f9488bc843c7bfa38b8c035.png

Yes.. it shows ambition!

Mehryar 01 February, 2019 09:54
Sauber name vanished from F1...Renamed to Alfa Romeo racing with no Sauber in it.
Sad...I was expecting a BMW-Sauber like name.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

andy si 01 February, 2019 10:25
Quote:
Mehryar
Sauber name vanished from F1...Renamed to Alfa Romeo racing with no Sauber in it.
Sad...I was expecting a BMW-Sauber like name.

FIAT doesn't care about Sauber legacy... FIAT cares about Alfa Romeo promotion and sales.
B teams should get their fingers slapped ASAP by Liberty!

jonnybario 01 February, 2019 10:41
Yes, it is sad. I've always like Alfa Romeo as a brand, but I don't really understand FIAT's logic in having two brands in Formula 1, especially when the company as a whole seems to be in fairly dire straits with only only one of their brands: Jeep, seeming to have any market traction. I can't see this situation holding for more than a couple of years before they pull out. Sauber's gone the way of other iconic Formula 1 names such as Tyrrell, Brabham, Ligier and Lotus which I find depressing.

IanSmithISA 01 February, 2019 11:05
Good morning,

Whether running two teams makes sense seems to me to depend upon how much nerve the team owners have and how much nerve Liberty Media have.

If the Sauber team is little more than an assembler of Ferrari parts no matter how it is presented to the world then it is likely that the Sauber team can be run for less than the prize money they will receive.

If Alfa are willing to accept some sponsorship then this may be even more likely.

Whilst Williams, McLaren and Renault may scream what will Liberty do if Merc, Ferrari, Racing point, Haas and Red Bull all insist of the benefits of parts sharing?

With Sauber now apparently backed into the corner of "if you don't approve of us as a Ferrari B Team then we will have to close as we have no sponsors" then Liberty may be highly motivated to gloss over the situation.

I am somewhat confused by the Racing Point strategy as Stroll Senior talks about being "one of the greatest teams in the paddock", surely if this were to happen then parts sharing with Merc would stop?

It is hard to know what Red Bull's plan's are, but if they are serious about leaving F1 if the Honda engine is not good enough for them to win, Liberty may really have to accept and embrace the A and B team model.

Liberty being forced into banning or embracing A&B teams may turn out to be the saviour of F1 as a commercial operation even if it does mean the end of race winning private teams. A new generation of F1 viewers may be quite happy to embrace a grid of brands.

Bye

Ian

Williams-123 01 February, 2019 11:17
So in this era of Formula 1 with A and B teams what teams are Williams and McLaren?

Are Williams and McLaren A teams or B teams?

Williams-123 01 February, 2019 11:20
In this era of A teams and B teams what is Williams and McLaren?

Have these two legendary teams Williams and McLaren been hung out to dry in this A and B team era?

Francesc 01 February, 2019 11:21
They are A teams without a manufacturer backing. So they're struggling.

Stu69 01 February, 2019 14:49
C teams at the moment!

j-s 01 February, 2019 20:10
The "Sauber" moniker lasted way more than it should have. Sad to see it go, but in all honesty it was just a vestigial element from a different era.

I always liked Peter Sauber a lot. He led a unique team. An odd mix of independent design and explicit B-team status.

Now it's just an F1 operation owned by who-knows-who and fed money by FIAT. Nothing wrong with that. But nothing alluring or interesting about it, either.

I wonder what Peter's up to.

ihme 01 February, 2019 21:29
Sad to see Sauber name gone. They did great with developing young drivers - Raikkonen, Massa, Kubica, Vettel, Perez, Kobayashi, Leclerc...

phatjack 02 February, 2019 00:32
Wonder what would have happened if Mercedes decided to enter F1 in 1991 instead of funding Sauber?

Andrew Hooper 02 February, 2019 06:31
Something must be done about this A and B team problem. I totally object to the concept that teams can share technology rather than designing and building their own components.
I hear that STR will be getting the rear end from Red Bull. How does that fit into the concept of a constructors championship if the majority of your car is designed by supposedly one of your championship rivals.

I can understand why teams like Williams are fed up with the lack of control in this area. Teams like Red Bull can develop parts and rather than risk running them on their cars will simply pass them off to their B team and let them take the risk. Some would say that by doing this it helps control costs in F1. Well it certainly hasn't in the past so why would it in the future.

Liberty and the FIA must stop teams from running B teams.

Williams-123 02 February, 2019 13:22
This Alfa Romeo take over is going to be a huge boost for the ex Sauber team also it is going to help the Ferrari F1 team.

So this can only be a big negative for the Williams team (Sm17)

Current Page: 7 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net