2020 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Rd 13. Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 56 of 64
Re: News and Stuff!
Stu69 09 September, 2020 18:55
Perez has got the chop from Racing Point, quite surprised myself.

Ozzy Osbone 09 September, 2020 23:16
WTF? Not for VET surely? That's mad. Totally mad.

dot_com 10 September, 2020 00:47
He brings a lot of sponsorship - i would love to see him alongside Russel next year! I mean - his only other options are Alfa and Haas, and neither of those have looked that much better than Williams this year. Its about time we had an experienced driver in our team again. Plus he’s still proper quick.

GroveF1 10 September, 2020 07:17
VETTEL in at Racing Point/ Aston Martin - shock there (not!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 07:17 by GroveF1.

Gunk 10 September, 2020 09:52
[quote Ozzy Osbone]WTF? Not for VET surely? That's mad. Totally mad.[/quote

I wonder if Stroll Senior is suffering from delusions of grandeur?

Unpretentious Force India always punched above its weight and bought talent rather than names.

Aston Martin is in very deep dodo and maybe only creating a legendary debt.

Meanwhile, celebrity Seb is clearly only still around to top up his pension.

ihme 10 September, 2020 11:46
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
WTF? Not for VET surely? That's mad. Totally mad.

Lets see: A 4xWDC, a German in Aston, a driver better than Perez, much quicker in quali than Perez ever was and when he gets a good car he flies in it.

Yep, that's totally mad and a poor businessman like Lawrence Stroll is making yet another poor decision like he always does.

That's a mad decision and somehow Claire screwing her father's team later not seeing the potential gain with teaming up with Lawrence which ultimately was a final nail in the coffin her team gets a pat on the back by many here because she did what she could with Williams and is Frank's daughter.

Ozzy Osbone 10 September, 2020 12:01
Well I was am still am a fan of Lance and I think that's clear in my historical posts going back a long time. It's a shame we didn't team up with Honda or get closer to Merc but I think that was out of Clair's hands and ultimately the guy who built the team, ultimately lost it.

We'll see with VET. He's been owned now for too long by RIC and LEC.

As said, this does give us the chance to pick up Perez in favour of Latifi which I would be totally in favour of.

Stu69 11 September, 2020 21:19
how do Aston Martins finances tot up again?? Better than McLaren one hopes!!

Ozzy Osbone 12 September, 2020 01:45
Aston is broken. Kind of goes in a 15 year cycle.........

Stu69 12 September, 2020 08:42
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Aston is broken. Kind of goes in a 15 year cycle.........

Perfect time to start sponsoring F1. But Lawrence is no fool I recon he will turn it round. You really have to admire his get it done attitude!! He has taken a sinking Force India and made it a podium car and now has recruited a multiple world champ and full sponsorship. In only 2 years!! Wow! Mega admiration!!

CLOVERLEAF 888 23 September, 2020 09:10

Ozzy Osbone 23 September, 2020 18:08
So Fiat can't win, despite a massive budget without the Brits running the team so they hatch a new plan to take over F1. Do these fools never learn? Unlimited budget and the 2020 car looks like it's made out of cornflake boxes.

WilliamsF1Fan 25 September, 2020 09:21
Astons finances have never stacked up, ever. I read somewhere a while ago that the WEC cars are or were privately funded.

CLOVERLEAF 888 26 September, 2020 18:09
So according to sky, Dorilton have already paid up all suppliers and got rid of the debt. Roberts was interviewed but kind of dodged the question whether Dorilton would maybe try the Racing point approach to F1 and whether the ethos has now changed at Williams.

Ozzy Osbone 26 September, 2020 19:31
I personally think we should continue to evolve this car and work flat out on 2022. Invest in great people and they might even give this car a step up to the midfield. I don't think we would need a whole lot to be quicker than all of the Ferrari cars.

Stu69 26 September, 2020 20:28
Personally I would buy some parts from Merc ( not the whole car) design some bits, employ some great people, keep George because he is a marketing dream, and fight for top 10 finishes. All this in the short term. We need a full budget!

Ozzy Osbone 26 September, 2020 23:31
Gearbox for one. Maybe the whole rear end to the wheels.

CLOVERLEAF 888 26 September, 2020 23:55
since it seemed to be a money issue buying Mercedes parts, you would think now the obvious thing to do would be to buy the mercedes rear end for 2021 and gain some improvement that way.. Rather than keeping gearbox stuff in house.

Stu69 27 September, 2020 07:01
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
since it seemed to be a money issue buying Mercedes parts, you would think now the obvious thing to do would be to buy the mercedes rear end for 2021 and gain some improvement that way.. Rather than keeping gearbox stuff in house.

Why not. You could ditch the whole gear box department to save some quids and use them to buy the parts ready to bolt on.

GPL 27 September, 2020 08:08
Agreed Merc rear end.

Looks like we have lost Perez to Hass.

Current Page: 56 of 64

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net