Seconds

Current Page: 11 of 33
Re: News and Stuff!
MViper 14 February, 2019 15:27
Quote:
ihme
ROKiT Williams Racing is launched!
[www.youtube.com]

The blue paint will change its shade during different light conditions.

Oh ya, shade changing colour, groundbreaking, fresh, new, aggresive idea, wait my father choose green shade changing colour for his car. It was black in the shadows, blueish in sunsets, bright green on bright sunny day... IN 1994!!

Oh and Claire.. 3D is dead. Nobody is offering it anymore especially on 5/5.5" mobile displays. It's not wow. It's dead.

Williams Racing

Mikef1 14 February, 2019 15:48
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

Oh ya, shade changing colour, groundbreaking, fresh, new, aggresive idea, wait my father choose green shade changing colour for his car. It was black in the shadows, blueish in sunsets, bright green on bright sunny day... IN 1994!!

Oh and Claire.. 3D is dead. Nobody is offering it anymore especially on 5/5.5" mobile displays. It's not wow. It's dead.

True. And yet even when the blackberry was dead they still sponsored Mercedes.

MViper 14 February, 2019 15:55
True that. Money laundering @#$%& grinning smiley

Williams Racing

ihme 14 February, 2019 18:21
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

Dont understand this attitude. Do You have a problem that we used this type of paint or something? Do you know what would be the reaction if we would paint the FW42 in 1992 or 94 colors? People would love it. The new paint will look nice. What are you complaining about?

There's much more to their phone strategy than 3D. 3D is just a bonus feature. And I would think that a man who once worked with tyres for Sir Frank, became a multibillionaire and now his company is our title sponsor knows what he is doing better than some random people over the internet lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 18:21 by ihme.

ihme 14 February, 2019 18:28
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/43be97aeddf58df4f086b5e3fc74d2f208255718a61b47d0319e1faa74e576d6.jpg

phatjack 14 February, 2019 19:15
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

Dont understand this attitude. Do You have a problem that we used this type of paint or something? Do you know what would be the reaction if we would paint the FW42 in 1992 or 94 colors? People would love it. The new paint will look nice. What are you complaining about?

There's much more to their phone strategy than 3D. 3D is just a bonus feature. And I would think that a man who once worked with tyres for Sir Frank, became a multibillionaire and now his company is our title sponsor knows what he is doing better than some random people over the internet lol.

This guy?

Quote:
He has lost his fortune twice, so now everything is in his wife’s name to prevent him losing it again.

Must admit though he was a good tyre salesman. :-)

ihme 14 February, 2019 19:53
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

This guy?

Quote:
He has lost his fortune twice, so now everything is in his wife’s name to prevent him losing it again.

Must admit though he was a good tyre salesman. :-)

So he is a billionaire for the 3rd time? Not sure if You wanted to show that I'm wrong or that I was underrating him big time when I said that he knows what he is doing.
Not to mention that I havent even mentioned a more successful Dejordia...
Either way these two know what they are doing and you cant possibly disagree with this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 19:56 by ihme.

MViper 14 February, 2019 19:55
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

New paintjob looks like elementary school art project. Or something like F1 backmarkers from 80's would put on or some@#$%&Indycar theme. Or a toothpaste box. I'm not against the colors per se but I don't like the design. And now because most fans hate it (well most of the comments on different websites are mocking it) I got impression that they are trying to hype it up: "You guys really hate it? But but it's an airbrush effect nobody has it and.. and.. it's changes shades during different light conditions and... and.. Frank likes it too! And it's has glittering effects.. maybe we should use some swarowski crystals as well.. but.. but it's our new beginning and.. YES it's really aggresive".

What phone strategy are you on about? Is it going to take on extremely popular iPhones or flagship Samsung/Pixel series? Or on cheaper Chinese manufactors India and developing countries love? TBH I don't care about their phone strategy and I understand Claire had to say PR@#$%&about ROKit as company.. but anyway 3D as cutting edge. Don't make me laugh. But brilliant if she pulled off a great deal. I just hope ROKiT will be able to honor it.

Oh, this guy bankrupt couple of times but he's gotta be the expert in mobile phone industry he was a brilliant tyre salesman for crying out loud. Lol.

Williams Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 19:56 by MViper.

ihme 14 February, 2019 20:08
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

New paintjob looks like elementary school art project. Or something like F1 backmarkers from 80's would put on or some@#$%&Indycar theme. Or a toothpaste box. I'm not against the colors per se but I don't like the design. And now because most fans hate it (well most of the comments on different websites are mocking it) I got impression that they are trying to hype it up: "You guys really hate it? But but it's an airbrush effect nobody has it and.. and.. it's changes shades during different light conditions and... and.. Frank likes it too! And it's has glittering effects.. maybe we should use some swarowski crystals as well.. but.. but it's our new beginning and.. YES it's really aggresive".

What phone strategy are you on about? Is it going to take on extremely popular iPhones or flagship Samsung/Pixel series? Or on cheaper Chinese manufactors India and developing countries love? TBH I don't care about their phone strategy and I understand Claire had to say PR@#$%&about ROKit as company.. but anyway 3D as cutting edge. Don't make me laugh. But brilliant if she pulled off a great deal. I just hope ROKiT will be able to honor it.

Oh, this guy bankrupt couple of times but he's gotta be the expert in mobile phone industry he was a brilliant tyre salesman for crying out loud. Lol.

Your arguments (Sm164) Its as if I'm reading some 12yo...

Just spend 30 seconds and read about their strategy and how they are trying to do what You are blabbering about. They wont be offering just a phone.

And please dont try to sound smarter than the guys behind ROKiT. Just dont. Or maybe You are a successful multibillionaire with a company that sponsors some F1 team, top NBA and NFL team? Yeah I thought so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 20:13 by ihme.

MViper 14 February, 2019 20:32
Yeah, their ROK stars is going really well.

[goo.gl]

A lot of 'Dissolved' companies from 2008 onwards. Not fishy at all.

[beta.companieshouse.gov.uk]

I'm not accusing anyone anything I really hope they are legit. But don't call me names if I'mm sceptical and I think they smell like scam artis at least Kendrick.

Williams Racing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 20:40 by MViper.

Mehryar 14 February, 2019 21:24
Quote:
MViper
New paintjob looks like elementary school art project. Or something like F1 backmarkers from 80's would put on or some@#$%&Indycar theme. Or a toothpaste box.

+1...Specially that "backmarkers from 80s" is what I thought about right away.Other ones are written everywhere about our livery too.People are making fun out of it.
But again, who cares? If it's fast, it will be shown more than a slow but beautiful backmarker.

But tbh I don't get these arguements about how legit they are.
Ok they are $hit, let's think they are like that...What were the alternatives?
RICH energy was another failed attempt and all these doubts were so high about them too.
Other alternative? To have no title sponsor.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

MViper 14 February, 2019 21:38
Quote:
Mehryar
Quote:
MViper
New paintjob looks like elementary school art project. Or something like F1 backmarkers from 80's would put on or some@#$%&Indycar theme. Or a toothpaste box.

+1...Specially that "backmarkers from 80s" is what I thought about right away.Other ones are written everywhere about our livery too.People are making fun out of it.
But again, who cares? If it's fast, it will be shown more than a slow but beautiful backmarker.

But tbh I don't get these arguements about how legit they are.
Ok they are $hit, let's think they are like that...What were the alternatives?
RICH energy was another failed attempt and all these doubts were so high about them too.
Other alternative? To have no title sponsor.

Yeah, I agree. If she'll be fast a lot of people will get over the livery including me. Or not. I still hate Winfield one with passion.

I'm just afraid something like this could happen again (hopefuly not):
[www.crash.net]
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Williams Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 21:40 by MViper.

phatjack 14 February, 2019 22:03
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
Quote:
MViper
Quote:
ihme
[www.youtube.com]

Viper LMAO is right.

This from DeJoria's WikiPage entry.

Quote:
DeJoria spent two years in the United States Navy, serving on the USS Hornet. After that, he held a series of jobs including janitor, door-to-door encyclopedia salesman and insurance salesman.
DeJoria entered the world of hair care as an employee of Redken Laboratories. He was fired from this position, he claims over a disagreement on business strategies. In 1980, he formed John Paul Mitchell Systems with hairdresser Paul Mitchell and a loan for $700 and while living in a 20-year-old Rolls Royce automobile.

Ihme, it's not about proving you wrong it's about not buying into the make believe stuff you read across boards.

John Paul and Jonathan are hustlers who were in the right place at the right time. I do tip my hat to them for that.

Mehryar 14 February, 2019 22:07
Yes, let's think it will happen.

Plan A (in worse case scenario) : We have a deal that they should pay 15m a year for example.They pay 5m and fail to complete the remaining 10.

Plan B : We don't have a 15m a year deal, it doesn't fail cause there's nothing at all there.We don't have that 5m too.

shriekback 14 February, 2019 22:22
[quote Mehryar][quote=MViper]
Other alternative? To have no title sponsor.[/quote]

Yeah, exactly. And better yet, even if Claire had to engage in a bit of marketing talk on ROKiT's behalf (declaring vacuous goals like "making the world a better place"), that is still very low-level BS compared with the kind of double-talk (i.e. severe BS) that Zak Brown is having to engage in to try to justify McLaren accepting a sponsorship deal with a tobacco company:

[www.motorsport.com]

"BAT is an outstanding corporation..."

Yeah, right! By what measure? the number of people they have worked to addict to a deadly product?

"Our partnership's one that is technology based with their newer generation products. We don't have any relationship with the tobacco side of the business."

Of course, it is a corporation that just happens to have a "side" of its business (by far its largest side) that one would be morally degraded to have a relationship with, yet it's still "outstanding." The "newer generation products" may not directly involve tobacco, but they are nicotine delivery mechanisms with still indeterminate health risks that are an awful lot (that is, exactly) like hi-tech cigarettes. How could McLaren's relationship be a matter of anything but marketing? "Technology based"? Again--complete BS! Is BAT going to fit their e-cigarettes with turbo chargers or energy-recovery units? No. (Those would both be Renault's province anyway.) Can McLaren help them make e-cigarettes that are more aerodynamic or have better mechanical grip, or can BAT help make McLaren cars more addictive or more dangerous to the health of their supporters? This is all Orwellian nonsense that only makes everything about McLaren seem somehow ickier and unappealing.

A yet unproven mobile phone start-up run and funded by a pair of business-savvy multi-billionaires? I don't know if that makes them unarguably smarter than any other person, but I'd make a deal to secure their sponsorship over BAT's any day. We didn't have to watch Claire really lay it on thick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 22:27 by shriekback.

phatjack 14 February, 2019 23:49
[b][/b][quote shriekback][quote Mehryar][quote=MViper]
Other alternative? To have no title sponsor.[/quote]

Yeah, exactly. And better yet, even if Claire had to engage in a bit of marketing talk on ROKiT's behalf (declaring vacuous goals like "making the world a better place"), that is still very low-level BS compared with the kind of double-talk (i.e. severe BS) that Zak Brown is having to engage in to try to justify McLaren accepting a sponsorship deal with a tobacco company:

[www.motorsport.com]

Yeah, right! By what measure? the number of people they have worked to addict to a deadly product?

"Our partnership's one that is technology based with their newer generation products. We don't have any relationship with the tobacco side of the business."

Of course, it is a corporation that just happens to have a "side" of its business (by far its largest side) that one would be morally degraded to have a relationship with, yet it's still "outstanding." The "newer generation products" may not directly involve tobacco, but they are nicotine delivery mechanisms with still indeterminate health risks that are an awful lot (that is, exactly) like hi-tech cigarettes. How could McLaren's relationship be a matter of anything but marketing? "Technology based"? Again--complete BS! Is BAT going to fit their e-cigarettes with turbo chargers or energy-recovery units? No. (Those would both be Renault's province anyway.) Can McLaren help them make e-cigarettes that are more aerodynamic or have better mechanical grip, or can BAT help make McLaren cars more addictive or more dangerous to the health of their supporters? This is all Orwellian nonsense that only makes everything about McLaren seem somehow ickier and unappealing.

A yet unproven mobile phone start-up run and funded by a pair of business-savvy multi-billionaires? I don't know if that makes them unarguably smarter than any other person, but I'd make a deal to secure their sponsorship over BAT's any day. We didn't have to watch Claire really lay it on thick.[/quote]

Dude F1 thrived of Tobacco and Alcohol Sponsorship ... it was considered acceptable, not very long ago. So what market will Rokit disrupt next?

[quote]About ROK Brands

ROK Brands was founded by seasoned business innovators John Paul DeJoria and Jonathan Kendrick. The corporation includes ROK Vision, ROK Drinks (ABK Beer, Real Irish Whiskey, Bogart’s Spirits, among others), ROK Water, ROK Stars, ROK Books and other brands. Headquartered in the United Kingdom and Southern California, ROK Brands offers a diverse portfolio of products that improve the lifestyle of mankind around the world.
[/quote]

Seems to me Rokit wants be everything to all markets. It's like they throw money and hope it sticks. Then some have the nerve to wonder why Kendrick's wife controls the coin? LMFAO.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2019 23:53 by phatjack.

shriekback 15 February, 2019 01:14
Quote:
phatjack
[b][/b]Dude F1 thrived of Tobacco and Alcohol Sponsorship ... it was considered acceptable, not very long ago. So what market will Rokit disrupt next?

Forgive me if I am being thick, but I don't get your point.

Yes, I am well aware of the tobacco industry's long (and continuing) history of sponsorship of F1 teams--including Williams. I also recall that it, like many unhealthy things, was considered acceptable. Let me place extra emphasis on the "was. "2001 is when tobacco advertising was banned in F1--18 years ago. I think the fact that Zak Brown felt compelled to defend McLaren's deal with BAT, and the high levels of complete BS he resorted to in his attempt to do so, however, indicate clearly that it is considered acceptable no longer. I am just glad that Williams is not forced to stoop to such undignified efforts to justify its new title sponsor.

By the way, outside of officially Muslim countries, I think tobacco and alcohol companies, and advertising for them, are viewed very differently--and rightly so. Tobacco and nicotine are inherently unhealthy, whereas moderate and occasional consumption of alcohol is not.

I don't understand your apparent suggestion that ROKiT has previously disrupted markets, or why you think it is relevant to ask which one will be next, certainly not in this context anyway. Please clarify if I have missed something though.

Mehryar 15 February, 2019 09:10
Quote:
Shriekback

I know you're somehow defending our team and I understand your concern about health and tobacco BUT I'm happy Tobacco industry is finding a way back into F1 again.If 2 of them found a way to use their stickers on cars, more will follow and they've been historically very loyal for motorsport.
About your health concern, yes smoking hurts, but for 100th time I would love to hear if anyone meet a kid who starts smoking after seeing a Lucky Strike sticker on a F1 car.

MViper 15 February, 2019 09:48
Quote:
Mehryar
Yes, let's think it will happen.
Plan A (in worse case scenario) : We have a deal that they should pay 15m a year for example.They pay 5m and fail to complete the remaining 10.

Plan B : We don't have a 15m a year deal, it doesn't fail cause there's nothing at all there.We don't have that 5m too.

OK let's play your game:

Plan A: You have signed scam title sponsor for 15m. They wont pay $hit. You have to sue them and since they are scam masters they get out of it for free or they pay you minimal obligations and you still have to pay handsome fees to lawyers.

Plan B: You get some more smaller sponsors, try to upgrade existing for around 10m. Your reputation stay intact.

Again. I have nothing to say against ROKiT. I'm just not buying to their PR BS. And the more I google about them the more I'm sceptical. But true I'm not businesman I don't run F1 team I don't know bollox. It's just an outside observation with common sense and forum banter.

Williams Racing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2019 11:40 by MViper.

phatjack 15 February, 2019 10:39
Quote:
shriekback
Quote:
phatjack
[b][/b]Dude F1 thrived of Tobacco and Alcohol Sponsorship ... it was considered acceptable, not very long ago. So what market will Rokit disrupt next?

Forgive me if I am being thick, but I don't get your point.

Yes, I am well aware of the tobacco industry's long (and continuing) history of sponsorship of F1 teams--including Williams. I also recall that it, like many unhealthy things, was considered acceptable. Let me place extra emphasis on the "was. "2001 is when tobacco advertising was banned in F1--18 years ago. I think the fact that Zak Brown felt compelled to defend McLaren's deal with BAT, and the high levels of complete BS he resorted to in his attempt to do so, however, indicate clearly that it is considered acceptable no longer. I am just glad that Williams is not forced to stoop to such undignified efforts to justify its new title sponsor.

By the way, outside of officially Muslim countries, I think tobacco and alcohol companies, and advertising for them, are viewed very differently--and rightly so. Tobacco and nicotine are inherently unhealthy, whereas moderate and occasional consumption of alcohol is not.

I don't understand your apparent suggestion that ROKiT has previously disrupted markets, or why you think it is relevant to ask which one will be next, certainly not in this context anyway. Please clarify if I have missed something though.

Your reply shows a bias against BAT and Phillip Morris while you gladly accept alcohol and beer consumption is more socially acceptable (Hence Rokit and there dabbling in the alcohol and beer markets is fine with you).

To my knowledge vaping a tutti-fruitti flavored alternative which is safer than nicotine is what BAT and Phillip Morris are promoting. Though I can understand you connecting the two, tutti-frutti vs nicotine.

Current Page: 11 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net