Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 14 of 50
Re: News and Stuff!
Damon96 19 February, 2019 22:49
Quote:
Gunk
I really wonder whether Paddy envisaged using Merc drivetrain this year . . . talks were advanced at the middle of last year . . . . talk of suspension parts too.

I guess also the question is did we keep developing our own box or did we pause thinking we'd use the Merc box and then have to restart development when Claire announced we were staying with in house development?

pixel 21 February, 2019 21:50
Do you think we will be able to do the filming day at some point over the weekend?

Gunk 21 February, 2019 22:08
Quote:
Damon96
Quote:
Gunk
I really wonder whether Paddy envisaged using Merc drivetrain this year . . . talks were advanced at the middle of last year . . . . talk of suspension parts too.

I guess also the question is did we keep developing our own box or did we pause thinking we'd use the Merc box and then have to restart development when Claire announced we were staying with in house development?

It crossed my mind too . . . because last year Paddy and Dirk got all those fabulous numbers in the tunnel (+8 downforce) copying the Merc rear end . . .but the Williams tyres were in the wrong place . . . .

Mehryar 23 February, 2019 16:40
Marko claims they are a few tenths behind Ferrari but ahead of Mercedes!
He talks alot of bs every now and then but that would be exciting situations if real.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

dot_com 23 February, 2019 17:37
There are a lot of rumors going around that Ted Kravitz has been dropped by Sky. I’ll miss him - I think he was one of the better parts of their coverage. Why didn’t they replace Crofty instead!?

Niedzwiedz 23 February, 2019 23:45
Rumor has it that he went to F1TV

andy si 25 February, 2019 23:02
Fly Williams anyone...

[www.aero-mag.com]

phatjack 25 February, 2019 23:28
I hope it does better than the Williams Golf Clubs. Come April 1st all should be known.

j-s 25 February, 2019 23:30
So many things to collaborate on in an airplane ... but interior design?

Niedzwiedz 26 February, 2019 00:05
Some asked about Tata Communications as our potential sponsor. That deal was burned, TATA Comm have a deal with Mercedes and F1 as a whole.

Ozzy Osbone 26 February, 2019 13:31
Ted has been announced as part of the Sky team.

Williams-123 26 February, 2019 13:39
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Ted has been announced as part of the Sky team.

(Sm152)

Francesc 26 February, 2019 18:05
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Quote:
The documentary, commissioned by F1 owners Liberty Media to lift the veil on the sport’s inner workings, leaves no doubt as to how toxic the situation within Williams has become. In one scene, Lawrence Stroll, the Canadian billionaire and chief sponsor of a race seat for his son Lance, walks out in disgust after a wretched result in the Monaco Grand Prix.

(Sm22)

AlanJones 27 February, 2019 05:40
Happy that leech is gone. Stroll was Williams' poison.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Ozzy Osbone 27 February, 2019 06:21
Heads up folks. We have 2 genuinely talented drivers. A title sponsor. The car looks like a decent concept.

Who knows where we will be on the grid but I have a feeling this car is a good starting point for a new direction. No more second rate pay drivers. It's time to get some positive thinking going on.

The drivers cannot push this car as no spare parts and that is a second right there. Let's just hope we are back in the fight and our boys bring home any points on offer.

IanSmithISA 27 February, 2019 06:22
Good morning,

I actually feel that Lawrence Stroll has acted very well.

Maybe Williams made the wrong decision accepting his money and Lance as a driver but once they had done so he had a right to some expectations.

Consider how often Red Bull publicly criticized Renault and how often Lawrence Stroll publicly criticized Williams, very rarely if ever.

Private shows of disappointment seem quite reasonable and being on the inside he may have been seeing what is now becoming public.

Whilst many think that Lance entered F1 too soon, it wasn't a case of Massa coming first and Lance last, so it is easy to blame the messenger, Lawrence, for the message.

Bye

Ian

Gunk 27 February, 2019 07:29
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Heads up folks. We have 2 genuinely talented drivers. A title sponsor. The car looks like a decent concept.

That's certainly true.

I'm really pleased with the guys. Even if Robert doesn't re-discover ultimate speed, he has passion and determination in bucketloads and he's a great team player. Boullier was always singing his praises as a team leader at Renault. We've been a little short of leadership lately.

AlanJones 27 February, 2019 08:50
Quote:
IanSmithISA
Good morning,
I actually feel that Lawrence Stroll has acted very well.

Maybe Williams made the wrong decision accepting his money and Lance as a driver but once they had done so he had a right to some expectations.

Consider how often Red Bull publicly criticized Renault and how often Lawrence Stroll publicly criticized Williams, very rarely if ever.

Private shows of disappointment seem quite reasonable and being on the inside he may have been seeing what is now becoming public.

Whilst many think that Lance entered F1 too soon, it wasn't a case of Massa coming first and Lance last, so it is easy to blame the messenger, Lawrence, for the message.

Bye

Ian

It is not about criticizing Williams or not. To me it is the fact that Stroll wanted to influence the decissions made by Williams. And this is something I can not condone.
Being disappointed, yes. Being overly enthousiastic, yes. Being a father for your son, yes. Yes, yes and yes. He was entitled to do all that. But not try and steer the team. That was not what he was paying for. SO he should have stayed clear from that.

https://i.ibb.co/zhmNGgW/GRDAY1header-01.png

Polemik 27 February, 2019 09:28
funny thing (Sm6)

gptoday.net

10:23:47

While the action continues in Barcelona, Renault has announced that Sergey Sirotkin will be its reserve driver in 2019.

Read more about it here:
[www.gptoday.net]

Williams-123 27 February, 2019 10:56
Quote:
Polemik
funny thing (Sm6)
gptoday.net

10:23:47

While the action continues in Barcelona, Renault has announced that Sergey Sirotkin will be its reserve driver in 2019.

Read more about it here:
[www.gptoday.net]

Would Sirotkin have had to bring some money to Renault to get this job???

Current Page: 14 of 50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net