2019 Mexican Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 16 of 33
Re: News and Stuff!
CLOVERLEAF 888 01 March, 2019 04:23
Always Great when Formula one can give back something to the children and to those less fortunate than us. She looks like she's enjoying the day. Thank you for posting ihme.
☺️

Polemik 01 March, 2019 04:42
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Always Great when Formula one can give back something to the children and to those less fortunate than us. She looks like she's enjoying the day. Thank you for posting ihme.
☺️

I agree. And maybe it will bring us luck into the new season, who knows ...
(good deed = good karma)

thumbs down

Andrew Hooper 01 March, 2019 05:29
They were such a great series of photos. It is wonderful that teams like Williams and Robert Kubica are happy to make this girls day. The smile she had was so nice.

Williams-123 01 March, 2019 05:30
Is that girl blind??? Nice from Williams and Robert there.

shriekback 01 March, 2019 05:39
Quote:
ihme
A fan.

This is very cool. As a special guest of PKN Orlen (according to the team website), I am guessing she is Polish and especially a fan of Robert's.

What a neat kid. It's great they got her right in there during the action--there's actual work being done on the car while she is checking it out. I hope she had a blast. I know I would have!

phatjack 01 March, 2019 13:54
We really should see more of that side of F1. The human stories always put things in a different perspective. Well done!

williams4284 01 March, 2019 15:32
What happened to that TATA communications deal? any updates? remembering that photo of the covered up adverts

Niedzwiedz 01 March, 2019 15:49
No deal, they went to Mercedes and F1 as a whole.

SehnKhan 03 March, 2019 05:19
I found it interesting that Oris disappeared from our list of Sponsors, however they released a Robert Kubica Limited Edition timepiece:

Robert Kubica Limited Edition Oris

Oris has done this in the past where the reappeared on the car prior to the season opener, and I hope this is the same for 2019.

shriekback 03 March, 2019 07:09
I'm not sure how up to the moment this development is; the blurb on Oris' site only indicates that Robert has "battled his way back from serious injury to become Williams’ Reserve & Development Driver." If it was a newly released edition that they hoped to sell, you'd think they would make more of him having become a race driver.

It would be too bad if Williams had no watch sponsor this year. Perhaps because I am particularly fond of mechanical watches--chronographs especially--I always fancied that having your own signature edition of a really expensive and complicated watch would be one of the big perks of being an F1 driver. I assume Robert has one of these Oris models, but what will George wear?

I'm likely much more concerned about that than he is, but I have wondered.

Ozzy Osbone 03 March, 2019 10:36
Not all that impressed with KUB's words recently to be honest. RUS seems to be trying to be positive and gee the team up. KUB seems to be already making excuses for a poor performance in Aus.

Alright, I get that he says it like it is but it makes for depressing reading. He should be saying it like it is to management while projecting a more positive message to the public in my humble opinion.

Williams-123 03 March, 2019 10:46
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Not all that impressed with KUB's words recently to be honest. RUS seems to be trying to be positive and gee the team up. KUB seems to be already making excuses for a poor performance in Aus.
Alright, I get that he says it like it is but it makes for depressing reading. He should be saying it like it is to management while projecting a more positive message to the public in my humble opinion.

Negative Kubica (Sm20)

CLOVERLEAF 888 03 March, 2019 14:26
Can see part of his frustration though Ozzy. Think I saw somewhere he's completed the least laps of anybody in testing. Not great if you been away so long.

phatjack 03 March, 2019 15:10
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Robert was probably fatigued and in time I think will learn from Lowe to use colourful words like "tired" to describe that what is at present in everyone's opinion a FW42 that travels as fast backwards as it does forwards. /sarcasm off

Gunk 03 March, 2019 16:36
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
Can see part of his frustration though Ozzy. Think I saw somewhere he's completed the least laps of anybody in testing. Not great if you been away so long.

You might be spot on there. At the end of the first week he was noting that he had just 16 hours to prepare for his 1st Grand Prix in years . . . but with all the component/correlation testing there simply wasn't time for any driver prep.

phatjack 03 March, 2019 17:23
Russell and I to take nothing away from him, is a young chap living the dream and is in awe as others of his age are of all that surrounds him. Lets see how he reacts when the car or him fails to live up to expectations.

This drivel from fans that once supported the most outspoken individual in F1 "Gone Pablo"?

A reality check in order boys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 17:30 by phatjack.

Ozzy Osbone 03 March, 2019 17:50
Don't get your message Phat. I like KUB and I am glad we have a full roster of talent in our cars this year but a ship in trouble doesn't need a key person shouting 'we are sinking'.

I think as far as the 42 goes, we are behind in prep aside from anything else. Hell, it may be the fastest car on the grid but if we can't make the top links, we are slowest. Team fail. KUB needs to be a bit more of a team player IMHO.

phatjack 03 March, 2019 19:15
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
Don't get your message Phat. I like KUB and I am glad we have a full roster of talent in our cars this year but a ship in trouble doesn't need a key person shouting 'we are sinking'.
I think as far as the 42 goes, we are behind in prep aside from anything else. Hell, it may be the fastest car on the grid but if we can't make the top links, we are slowest. Team fail. KUB needs to be a bit more of a team player IMHO.

Chickenman, you're shooting the messenger not addressing the problem.

Mikef1 03 March, 2019 20:25
Quote:
phatjack
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

Chickenman, you're shooting the messenger not addressing the problem.

Chickenman.

shriekback 03 March, 2019 20:48
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone
He should be saying it like it is to management while projecting a more positive message to the public in my humble opinion.

I understand what you are saying, but there are lots of ways of leading. George is trying to stay positive and to keep others around him upbeat. That may well be what an overworked and exhausted team needed at the end of testing. (Note that he too admitted that the car was slowest, so he is hardly wearing rose-colored glasses.)

Robert, for his part, I think just has very high expectations for the team, so far as living up to their potential, and is not keeping them to himself either when the team meets them or fails to do so. That might be pretty valuable too, for keeping the team from settling on and internalizing lower standards. F1 is so competitive that everyone in the team really has to deliver their absolute best to even hang in their with the others--also full of talent and working really hard. Soft-peddling things when they come up short in order to stay "positive," will not always lead to the best results in that kind of contest.

In any case, I think it's nice to have a mix of personalities in the team and that they are allowed to express themselves as they wish. Let's hope the combination of them--along with the efforts of team management, of course--helps to get the most out of everyone.

Current Page: 16 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net