Latest news:

2020 Australian Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 37 of 38
Re: News and Stuff!
pixel 15 January, 2020 20:12
One aspect of the hybrid livery we have seen today puzzles me. Acronis is still listed above Sofina, Lavazza and RBC on the website, but their presence on today's livery does not reflect that at all, they only appear as a small logo on the nose cone?

Re: News and Stuff!
Mikef1 15 January, 2020 20:33
Quote:
pixel
One aspect of the hybrid livery we have seen today puzzles me. Acronis is still listed above Sofina, Lavazza and RBC on the website, but their presence on today's livery does not reflect that at all, they only appear as a small logo on the nose cone?

Acronis are at the back of the engine cover and I believe I read that their investment was due to increase when they ended their str ties.

Re: News and Stuff!
Anderis 16 January, 2020 10:33
Quote:
pixel
One aspect of the hybrid livery we have seen today puzzles me. Acronis is still listed above Sofina, Lavazza and RBC on the website, but their presence on today's livery does not reflect that at all, they only appear as a small logo on the nose cone?
I had followed that for years and I can tell you that the order of sponsors on the website does not always reflect the exposure they get on the car.

Re: News and Stuff!
AlanJones 16 January, 2020 13:23
I still believe we are headed to a Venturi like livery.




https://i.ibb.co/BPGnSFS/GRDAY1header-01.png

Re: News and Stuff!
Mikef1 16 January, 2020 21:28
Quote:
AlanJones
I still believe we are headed to a Venturi like livery.

Doubt it. Isnt there some weird rule about red cars in f1. Its unofficially not done unless it's a ferrari? I think a dark red and dark blue livery could look pretty damn cool with some white racing stripes to divide the colours but I dont think William's are exciting enough to be that bold.

Re: News and Stuff!
AlanJones 17 January, 2020 07:24
Some Toleman 1983 Candy livery?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6e/3d/d0/6e3dd077515f03ba2e8521bc96082955.jpg




https://i.ibb.co/BPGnSFS/GRDAY1header-01.png

Re: News and Stuff!
EagleF1 18 January, 2020 11:18
Im getting old. When you said Venturi I thought of the early 1990s Larousse! Spent 5 mins looking at old pics wondering why that would be relevant before I remebered Venturi FE

Re: News and Stuff!
Mr Brooksy 20 January, 2020 10:36
Latifi chooses number 6. Will be good to see the number 6 on a Williams again... All we need is a number 5 and all will be right with the world again... Just need Seb to retire first.

Re: News and Stuff!
AlanJones 21 January, 2020 06:08
Quote:
Mr Brooksy
Latifi chooses number 6. Will be good to see the number 6 on a Williams again... All we need is a number 5 and all will be right with the world again... Just need Seb to retire first.

Or to jump ship to Williams..




https://i.ibb.co/BPGnSFS/GRDAY1header-01.png

Re: News and Stuff!
Mr Brooksy 21 January, 2020 09:06
Could you imagine Seb in a Williams in the Twilight years if his career? Especially when the Hulk didn't really consider it.

While on the topic of numbers for a second... If you end up selecting your 3rd choice number at the beginning of your career and at some point your 1st or second choice becomes available at some point... Are you able to switch?

Re: News and Stuff!
Andrew Hooper 21 January, 2020 11:56
Still no news about launch of the FW43 (despite approaching Williams directly ) Would think it will be early Feb but maube Williams is been very careful about setting dates not until they know everything is 100% on schedule.

Re: News and Stuff!
GPL 21 January, 2020 12:53
I read it is to be revealed at on the 19th.
i hope they get a chance for a shake down first.

Re: News and Stuff!
Mikef1 21 January, 2020 13:56
Worst case scenario we will get a livery launch with a render if the new car. Aside from last year the renders have been fairly accurate. Lots of new sponsors to please so I'm sure they will have an event at some point in Feb.

Re: News and Stuff!
AlanJones 21 January, 2020 19:31
Quote:
Mikef1
Worst case scenario we will get a livery launch with a render if the new car. Aside from last year the renders have been fairly accurate. Lots of new sponsors to please so I'm sure they will have an event at some point in Feb.

Williams' "launch" has been an Autosport article early February the last couple of years.




https://i.ibb.co/BPGnSFS/GRDAY1header-01.png

Re: News and Stuff!
Mikef1 21 January, 2020 21:46
Quote:
AlanJones
Quote:
Mikef1
Worst case scenario we will get a livery launch with a render if the new car. Aside from last year the renders have been fairly accurate. Lots of new sponsors to please so I'm sure they will have an event at some point in Feb.

Williams' "launch" has been an Autosport article early February the last couple of years.

Last year they had an event and 2017. I think maybe we haven't done the autosport mag spread in a while. But I haven't been subscribed in about 2 years so that may also be why I dont know any more

Re: News and Stuff!
j-s 21 January, 2020 22:39
As long as there is something to reveal, I don't care if it's an event, an autosport article, or a trackside de-tarping.

Re: News and Stuff!
Andrew Hooper 23 January, 2020 05:52
Yes j-s.

But one would hope that with all the new sponsors including the expanded sponsorship from ROKiT that the team will have an event of some kind. But if it is the 19th this would be the first day of testing so maybe it could just be an unveiling at the track which is a bit low key but so long as they unveil the FW43 that is to be tested I could live with that.

Re: News and Stuff!
j-s 30 January, 2020 02:26
Merc leaving soon, according to autocar. Pretty big news. Stroll and or toto may end up with the team. Early reports but things could move fast if Daimler is hemorrhaging money. Let's see what happens

Re: News and Stuff!
Anderis 30 January, 2020 12:24
I kind of hope it happens because I'm so tired of the current status quo.

I hope it will push F1 more towards allowing sustainable and competitive racing teams that are not being owned by big manufacturers. I don't know it if's very likely but hoping costs nothing.

Re: News and Stuff!
boro1986willliamsf1 30 January, 2020 14:39
Quote:
j-s
Merc leaving soon, according to autocar. Pretty big news. Stroll and or toto may end up with the team. Early reports but things could move fast if Daimler is hemorrhaging money. Let's see what happens
Not happening according to Mercedes board



100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Current Page: 37 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net