Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 51 of 54
Re: News and Stuff!
Stu69 11 July, 2020 14:39
Quote:
SehnKhan
Some interesting tech talk about the direction Williams has been taking with development, and the changes occurring within the week between races:
[youtu.be]

Interesting watch.

j-s 13 July, 2020 16:27
the Racing Point brakes compared to Mercedes... uncanny.

Motorsport

GroveF1 13 July, 2020 16:41
Russell has been overlooked for 2021 in preference to Bottas - Mercedes are perhaps risking losing him??

Polemik 13 July, 2020 17:18
Quote:
GroveF1
Russell has been overlooked for 2021 in preference to Bottas - Mercedes are perhaps risking losing him??

Sad, that Mercedes does now with Russell the same thing as he did for years with Wehrlein. He pulled him by the nose for years (understand it as - he promised him the cockpit) and finally released him to the water.

It can be said that - bad behavior of Mercedes towards its young drivers, bad thing for Russell, good thing for Williams.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2020 17:23 by Polemik.

ihme 13 July, 2020 18:42
Why would Mercedes go for Russell now? What has he shown apart from being quick on one lap? He almost always loses multiple positions at the starts (he lost them on restart too in Austria2) and his racecraft is questionable (the first fight for position in Austria2 and he was off plus multiple times in 2019).
When there were opportunities for scoring points, he blew it profoundly - A2 and Germany 2019.

Theres a reason why he isn't in Mercedes yet.

tomazy 13 July, 2020 20:50
He didnt blew the points... In his eyes, the only way to points was to push flat out and maybe overtake someone, the worse thing that could happen is he lost 1 place or crash out. But then after the race, 2 cars were DQd and than Kubica gor a point. If Russell would be in the points during the race, I am 100% that he would not make the same mistake as he did.

dot_com 13 July, 2020 22:23
Quote:
GroveF1

Do you have a source for this, or is it just speculation?

Ozzy Osbone 13 July, 2020 23:27
I think RUS is the real deal. He beat Lando hands down in F2 or GP2 or whatever it was then. Big fan of Lando as well and I think they are both super talents. That said, in the same car, I might have a fiver on Lando at the mo. It would be close. Albon seems to be suffering from the Max effect at the mo.

As for rising talent, this Lundgaard fella seems pretty handy. Really strong drives so far in F2.

GroveF1 14 July, 2020 00:05
Quote:
dot_com
Quote:
GroveF1

Do you have a source for this, or is it just speculation?

On quite a few respected sites- one below

[www.google.com]

SehnKhan 14 July, 2020 07:28
Russell is under contract to us anyway until end of 2021, so I was expecting a 1 year extension for Bottas. Everything up in the air for 2022 then.

GPL 14 July, 2020 08:25
ihme is correct.

We have no idea yet how George can perform in F1
The 43 is still way off the pace.

What we do know is the lad seems like he can get the most out of a car in Qualie

His starts seem poor as yet but then again so were OUR NIGE .
Also there is a massive amount of pressure on him not to damage the car at the start.

We are still waiting to see his racecraft in F1

All down to the new aero boys now

pixel 14 July, 2020 09:18
Re: pink Mercedes

Racing Point explained during testing that their car was legitimate under F1 rule book, I’m sure they also said that they had the green light from the FIA/stewards.

On that basis Renault must have some new evidence to support a protest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2020 09:20 by pixel.

Myvatn 14 July, 2020 13:01
I don't think Russell is in the position to "force" Mercedes to hire him not to lose him to opposition, as Verstappen basically did with Red Bull in 2016. All other competitive options are sorted for 2021 and beyond, so he can just wait and hope he's good enough to be considered for Bottas' or Hamilton's place (if the latter decides to retire). If he spends 2021 gaining experience (hopefully in a better car...) I don't think it will damage him.

Dbpinho 14 July, 2020 15:14
One more year at williams is perfect for his development. Look what happened to gasly and now to albon and even bottas to a certain extent, very good young drivers but when you need to race in the same team as hamilton or max its not just the talent they have is as well the way the car is built around them.

A driver really needs to be on the top of his game to have a chance in a team like that.

Ozzy Osbone 14 July, 2020 15:36
I reckon HAM is going for 100 poles, 100 wins and 10 titles.

GroveF1 15 July, 2020 00:31
Quote:
SehnKhan
Russell is under contract to us anyway until end of 2021, so I was expecting a 1 year extension for Bottas. Everything up in the air for 2022 then.

Contracts don’t mean anything - just ask Jenson Button RE: his move to Honda

Anderis 15 July, 2020 07:46
The fact that contracts can be terminated doesn't mean they don't mean anything. Otherwise nobody would ever sign one.

Mikef1 15 July, 2020 08:56
A nice long contract is a good punt for a junior driver because if Mercedes want to come knocking they have to buy him out. If they only do annual extensions, theres no negotiation with Mercedes

pixel 15 July, 2020 09:22
Quote:
GroveF1
Quote:
SehnKhan

Contracts don’t mean anything - just ask Jenson Button RE: his move to Honda
i think that saga proves the worth of multi year contracts. JB / Honda had to pay a lot to terminate that contract.

SehnKhan 15 July, 2020 23:19
Quote:
pixel
i think that saga proves the worth of multi year contracts. JB / Honda had to pay a lot to terminate that contract.

Something we may be about to see again with Perez / Vettel to Aston Martin (if speculation proves to be fact). But I couldn't see Mercedes coming knocking for our George at this point of proceedings, hence why I expected a 1 year Bottas extension, leaving more cards on the table for 2022.

Current Page: 51 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net