Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 54 of 57
Re: News and Stuff!
Stu69 31 July, 2020 08:54
Quote:
Mehryar
Seems like Hulk.

Shame it’s Hulk. Personally for the show they should have put a surprise driver in. Maldonado or Rubens or Mika Hakinnen!! Or Guy Martin!! : - )

SydneyF1Fan 31 July, 2020 09:12
I hope Hulk finally gets his chance at a podium.

And I hope it's not robbed from him if Racing Point get DQ'd after protest!!!

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

rpaloschi 31 July, 2020 19:25
Hulk getting is podium? Over Lance? Yes and yes! The only way I could cheer for that team.

pixel 31 July, 2020 20:13
Joe Saward is suggesting that there were discussions around putting GR in the Racing Point, I’m glad that didn’t happen.

ihme 01 August, 2020 11:21
Saward is Russells biggest fanboy. RP confirmed that they didn't even considered Russell as a replacement for Perez.

Anderis 01 August, 2020 11:48
It didn't really make sense for anyone to pay (otherwise why would Williams release Russell from a valid contract?) in order to get a relatively inexperienced and unproven driver just for 2 or so races.

Stu69 04 August, 2020 19:34
Formula 1 tyre supplier Pirelli says the failures suffered by three cars near the end of the British Grand Prix were caused by "extremely long use" on a demanding circuit.

Ozzy Osbone 06 August, 2020 08:01
3 stopper this weekend then. Happy days.

monty3 07 August, 2020 09:01
who will be replace russel in 2022, another billionaires son? we should have a wating list right now. or last choice maybe latifi daughter...huahaha

an.jo 07 August, 2020 20:09
From a Williams fan's perspective, two "somewhat" significant stories:

Racing Point docked points after Renault wins protest

FIA plans to outlaw Racing Point-style clones for F1 2021

Comment from Claire Williams: "You know, as a team that has always been very proud to protect the DNA of this sport we're a firm believer that the list of listed parts should be protected and teams should be manufacturing and designing the performance related parts on their race cars. That's what differentiates teams. That's what makes teams successful in this sport. And so we must do everything we can to protect it." (Youtube link)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2020 20:26 by an.jo.

Ozzy Osbone 08 August, 2020 11:08
I think the point is that RP are just putting the middle finger up to the sport. The reason we love this sport is that we have teams who are trying to beat each other. RP just seems fake. I have no interest in it. Mercedes is a phenomenon but these things never last forever. Like the kid who copies another's exam paper. I'm sure every team could do a deal and copy the fastest car. Haas did. F1 needs to decide whether it wants customer cars or not. TBH, I can see RP's point too. They had no intention to break the regulations.

What the sport needs is proper leadership.

Stu69 11 August, 2020 20:24
Talk of Seb not seeing out the season! Mega sulk!!!

Mehryar 11 August, 2020 23:28
Nissany will drive in fp1...Hope he won't be a joke like his dad and doesn't crash.
Btw, did he bring any sponsor to us? Maybe I've missed some news.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Matt Brown 12 August, 2020 07:04
Interesting comment.

Quote:
I'v always found Frank Williams attitude toward drivers to be questionable. There were rumours getting around that he used to refer to them as the "organic component" of the car. I've always thought if he could run driverless cars he would have.

Andrew Hooper 12 August, 2020 10:58
Nissany have brought sponsorship to the team through an Israeli concern. They will carry their logos over the Spanish GP weekend. He has run with them before last year and he did an OK job so I would imagine it will be the same this weekend.

ihme 12 August, 2020 13:11
Quote:
Mehryar
Btw, did he bring any sponsor to us?

What a question Mehryar grinning smiley

erratic 12 August, 2020 13:53
We can at least see the direction Stroll wanted Williams to go in, and perhaps why the parting of the ways was inevitable given Williams determination to build their own car.

Mind you, it must be a great feeling for RP fans at the moment, knowing that they at least have a team that will be in the mix somewhere rather than challenging for last place.

How would we feel as Williams fans if they had done a Mercedes clone, jumped up the grid and then developed the car from that baseline on their own and put more time and resources into trying to get the next one right?

CLOVERLEAF 888 12 August, 2020 18:56
So Williams and McLaren pull out of taking action and withdraw their appeal against the racing point.

Looks like pressure was exerted on them from their power plant supplier if you ask me.

What a joke

boro1986willliamsf1 12 August, 2020 19:08
Quote:
CLOVERLEAF 888
So Williams and McLaren pull out of taking action and withdraw their appeal against the racing point.
Looks like pressure was exerted on them from their power plant supplier if you ask me.

What a joke
I was thinking that when it emerged Williams had decided not to go ahead with the appeal

100% Williams
WILL SUPPORT WILLIAMS AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A TEAM

Anderis 12 August, 2020 19:36
Yeah, it seems too much of a coincidence that two Mercedes customers decided to withdraw their appeal at the same time when others did not.

Current Page: 54 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net