Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 10 of 51
Re: The all New FW42
Mikef1 13 February, 2019 13:32
Quote:
GPL
I wonder what has delayed our build / shakedown.
Surely it would of been better to gain a few days to check the car over before testing starts.

They have had about 9 months on this design.

There are parts of the car that are outsourced with all f1 teams. It's entirely possible a supplier has not delivered on time or they had some parts brought forward for testing. If it's fired up already and passed the crash tests it's unlikely to be anything too dramatic.

GPL 13 February, 2019 13:43
Has No one on the forum got any inside info this season yet??

Mikef1 13 February, 2019 13:44
Quote:
GPL
Has No one on the forum got any inside info this season yet??

A few people seem to if you read between the lines. Not me.

GPL 13 February, 2019 13:50
thumbs down

I really hope the cars shape and angles look right this season and not a pick and mix
like the 41.

The colour scheme is not going to look great unless they get rid of more of the black
carbon fibre look round the bottom third of the car.

GPL 13 February, 2019 14:32
Also that Williams have not gone to conservative after such a disastrous season.

They had 6 months to pin point the 41s issues and then push on with the new design/direction of the 42.

They saved a lot of time not updating the 41 and must of saved a chunk of money also.

Any idea,s what amount of pay off Stroll will cough up.

shriekback 14 February, 2019 02:10
Quote:
GPL
Also that Williams have not gone to conservative after such a disastrous season.

Yes, this is my hope as well.

Obviously, the first order of business after last season's disaster is to produce a basically good chassis that allows for effective development throughout the season and toward cars for subsequent seasons. The other teams are all doing everything they can to push the design envelope within the specified allowances, however. Too conservative an approach could leave Williams still well-behind.

Though I agree that Williams should aim to fight for fourth (and, of course, for championships in the longer run), I would be pretty pleased with 7th or 8th this year. With the redesign forced by new regulations, perhaps even better than that is possible. Despite Toto Wolf's suggestion that everyone is a potential threat to Mercedes, I'd have to think the best conceivable result for Williams would be a return to 3rd, and that only if everything goes absolutely perfectly while Renault remains down on power and Honda continues to suffer from unreliability.

ihme 15 February, 2019 14:07
The first look at the FW42:

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2019 14:11 by ihme.

Francesc 15 February, 2019 14:18
Very simple car...

GPL 15 February, 2019 14:35
I know it is a render but looks very much like last years car so far.
Hmm.

maximilian72 15 February, 2019 14:59
Quote:
Francesc
Very simple car...

Yep...I would say Williams totally lost confidence. They went conservative again. Mercedes looks on the edge again..

Francesc 15 February, 2019 15:12
We all know is not that simple, but by the looks compared to the rest of the grid I would say the FW42 is the slowest one.

Just see the front suspension and compare it to the others, completely outdated.

j-s 15 February, 2019 15:22
Yes, it looks very much like a normal f1 car. I think it'll be much better than last year.

ihme 15 February, 2019 15:23
Quote:
Francesc
We all know is not that simple, but by the looks compared to the rest of the grid I would say the FW42 is the slowest one.
Just see the front suspension and compare it to the others, completely outdated.

Looks pretty similar to the one Alfa is using:

https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/XPB_972843_HiRes.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dzc61b-X0AYVFUl.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2019 15:25 by ihme.

Mikef1 15 February, 2019 16:12
Same one as the render from last week. Sidepods have changed a bit. Still got a gigantic cooling exit. Maybe it's still slightly dressed up. Will find out in a few days but it's underwhelming

Mikef1 15 February, 2019 16:18
Having had a better look at this is say there is a lot of fw41 still in this pic. The bargeboards and cooling exit and y shape on the top of the sidepods. I feel this is probably a bit of a simplification. Same as the str vs the car that hit the track. Had different bargeboards and front wing.

tomazy 15 February, 2019 16:30
Bargeboards are diffirent to last years, but will maybe be diffirent again in Barcelona, as will front and rear wings. Other things to note, the mirrors will probably be fixed with an additional strut becouse I dont think that they are fixed enough with one long thing one. Allso, rear suspension is diffirent, pullrod is in front of lower wishbone and not betwin like last year. Exhaust looks higher, and there is no waste gate pipest anyvear to be seen, so the car is not compleet in those renders. Also integration of the halo is without the hump in front of the cocpit. I was realy excited when I firs saw the fw41 and we all know how that turned out, am less excited with fw42 so just by that it should be faster haha

ihme 15 February, 2019 16:46
Right click for the full size

https://i.redd.it/29jxzqatuqg21.png

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2019 16:46 by ihme.

maximilian72 15 February, 2019 16:53
@ihme

Should say, find a difference and your getting 50 bucks. LOL

dot_com 15 February, 2019 16:59
My first thoughts were that it looked really clean, but in comparing it to other 2019 cars it’s does look nearly as aggressive. It looks really generic and simple. It actually looks really similar to the FW41, as some other people have mentioned. I wonder if maybe they’ve stuck with the same basic principles of the FW41 but worked on ironing out all of its aero problems. It definitely looks much more of an evolution than a brand new design. Ugh. Fingers crossed this thing is fast.

Mehryar 15 February, 2019 17:23
Our car looks primitive to any other car.The most similar to its last year car...By the look of it, I am hugely disappointed to not see a new approach in side pod or barge board designs.
But 2017 design was a very primitive design too & turned to be the 3-4th fastest car in OZ.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Current Page: 10 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net