Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 1 of 13
Ricciardo masterstroke
Discussion started by Williams-123 , 06 January, 2019 15:15
Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 06 January, 2019 15:15
I think Ricciardo has pulled a masterstroke leaving Red Bull and signing with Renault, because I think in 2020 and 2021 Renault will do what they did in 2005 and 2006.

Ricciardo will win the 2020 and 2021 WDC's for Renault just like Alonso did for Renault in 2005 and 2006....this is one big masterstroke from Ricciardo .

Mass damper anyone?? And the Renault engine is improving in leaps and bounds over this winter.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 06 January, 2019 15:29
Keep in mind guys Renault are a serious full works team and I am tipping that Ricciardo will reach greater heights at Renault than what he ever reached at Red Bull.

phatjack 06 January, 2019 19:02
I think the Honey Badger has better chance of raising Koala Bears in the outback. I wish Ric well at Renault but I think like Fred he made the same mistake thinking he was bigger than F1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2019 19:02 by phatjack.

andy si 06 January, 2019 23:29
Why not... history shows Renault can and do perform well... even best of all!
Their financial input should also be lower than Merc, Ferrari or possibly even RedBull.
They should get hit the least with new financial restrictions.

As long as they get their donkey up to par with the competition.

AlanJones 07 January, 2019 05:38
I think we will witness Ricciardo crying like a baby because Hulk will show him all the corners of the ring.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/24eyh6f.jpg

Boxman 07 January, 2019 07:24
The only thing Renault has "leaps and bounds" of is big talk, same with every other team during the break. Everyone is finding new performance, everyone is finding one brakethrough after another. Dont let yourselves be fooled by gossips of what Renault might be doing and what Honda might have done. Push comes to shove in Australia, and the clock does not lie.

ihme 07 January, 2019 11:07
If I was Abiteboul I would be worried that my engine could be the worst on the grid in 2019.

Even with the budget cap in place having the worst engine on the grid could be disastrous.

Meanwhile Mercedes has found 10+ hp during the winter.

Mehryar 07 January, 2019 11:25
That was the right the move to escape from Max to save his career.
One more season like 2018 could push DAN into mediocre level drivers, though I think Hulk is the most underrated driver out there & will be another real test for him.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Williams-123 08 January, 2019 06:37
Many posters on this message board think Hulk is the most underrated driver on the grid and one of the best drivers out there, so just how good is Ricciardo going to look if he beats the Hulk in the WDC polnts.

Hulk is a legend and one of the greatest current F1 drivers so imagine how good Ricciado is if he actually beats Hulk in the WDC points.

Mehryar 08 January, 2019 06:43
Hulk is not a legend & no one claimed it.
If Dan goes to beat Hulk, well it tells more anout Hulk's level than RIC's...Because if a driver who's got destroyed by Max comes & beats you, then you're just a mediocre driver.

Williams-123 08 January, 2019 06:43
With so many posters on here rating Nico Hulkenberg up there with the best F1 drivers over the last 10 years then just how good is Ricciardo if he actually beats Nico Hulkenberg in the WDC.

Williams-123 08 January, 2019 06:49
Ricciardo did not get destroyed by Max....Mehryar ask yourself what driver stopped Max from becoming the youngest ever pole sitter in F1....Maybe Dan?

So Mehryar because of Ricciardo...Verstappen will NEVER become the youngest ever pole sitter in F1, so that tells me Max did not destroy Dan....Dan actually destoyed Max.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2019 06:54 by Williams-123.

Mehryar 08 January, 2019 07:45
Unfortunately the little irrelevant thing you mentioned won't change the fact that Max outqualified him by 14-7, outscored heavily, got beaten by Max on every weekend since Canada when they both had clean races and the avg gap in their qualifying was only smaller than Gasly-Hartley I think...so yes, he got destroyed by Max very badly & it was wise to run away or else his reputation was going down even more.

ihme 08 January, 2019 09:07
Quote:
Williams-123
With so many posters on here rating Nico Hulkenberg up there with the best F1 drivers over the last 10 years then just how good is Ricciardo if he actually beats Nico Hulkenberg in the WDC.

Yes he's so good that he got scared of facing Verstappen in the same car and ran away LOL.

And Hulkenberg is nothing special.

Williams-123 09 January, 2019 13:05
Ricciardo was alienated at Red Bull with Jos and Max Verstappen in the picture so he did the smart thing and got out while he could.

Max Verstappen is an absolute flog.

Williams-123 09 January, 2019 13:38
Quote:
andy si
Why not... history shows Renault can and do perform well... even best of all!
Their financial input should also be lower than Merc, Ferrari or possibly even RedBull.
They should get hit the least with new financial restrictions.

As long as they get their donkey up to par with the competition.

Spot on andy you are correct.

Mehryar 09 January, 2019 17:20
Each driver dictates his own status within the team by his own performance & behaviour.
Rubens was not number2 for any other reason than his lack of speed vs MS, same for Bottas vs Lewis, same for Webber vs. Vettel or any other example.
No team boss is that much idiot to sacrifice his team and its chances because he "likes" a driver more.

But being beaten by Max doesn't mean anything bad because there's a few number of drivers who can match Max on track.Dan can be beaten by him & still go to win titles if he places himself in right place & right time.The thing that JB did & Alonso didn't...He doesn't need tobe a better driver than Max to become a champion.

So yes, when you can't beat your team-mate, it's better to run away, save your moral and not get used to be a loser the way that Rubens or Mark finished, and try your chances in other places.

andy si 09 January, 2019 22:01
Quote:
Mehryar
Each driver dictates his own status within the team by his own performance & behaviour.
Rubens was not number2 for any other reason than his lack of speed vs MS, same for Bottas vs Lewis, same for Webber vs. Vettel or any other example.
No team boss is that much idiot to sacrifice his team and its chances because he "likes" a driver more.

But being beaten by Max doesn't mean anything bad because there's a few number of drivers who can match Max on track.Dan can be beaten by him & still go to win titles if he places himself in right place & right time.The thing that JB did & Alonso didn't...He doesn't need tobe a better driver than Max to become a champion.

So yes, when you can't beat your team-mate, it's better to run away, save your moral and not get used to be a loser the way that Rubens or Mark finished, and try your chances in other places.

I'd say Ricciardo leaving made it clear who RedBull will back. Also 8 car failures didn't help any. From the 2018 stats I'd say RedBull knew he was leaving even before the Austrian race. And thus not giving him data on car upgrade potential on a race to race basis made some difference as well.

I'd remind you about Vettel leaving RedBull and performances that year.. somehow 4 times WDC got beaten easily by Ricciardo. Dejavu maybe?

Williams-123 10 January, 2019 00:37
andy you rock thumbs down

Mehryar 10 January, 2019 06:24
Andy, what you claim is backed by any source, not even Daniel himself claimed such a thing, not even pointing it out about less equality.
So as long as there's no story comming out, that's putely an excuse from his fans & well that's fine.

If you're into believing such stories, then maybe you need to believe Vettel story too that he needs to finish lower than a certain position in championship and not win a single race to break his contract & don't pay for it.That was a rumor back in that time.

But I have an easier way of looking at these things:
Daniel beat Seb...Max beat Daniel...easy.

Years have gone by & no proof of Vettel came out.Same about Daniel being beaten this year.

Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net