Latest news:

2019 Singapore Grand Prix Countdown

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
andy si 10 January, 2019 16:28
Quote:
Mehryar
Andy, what you claim is backed by any source, not even Daniel himself claimed such a thing, not even pointing it out about less equality.
So as long as there's no story comming out, that's putely an excuse from his fans & well that's fine.

If you're into believing such stories, then maybe you need to believe Vettel story too that he needs to finish lower than a certain position in championship and not win a single race to break his contract & don't pay for it.That was a rumor back in that time.

But I have an easier way of looking at these things:
Daniel beat Seb...Max beat Daniel...easy.

Years have gone by & no proof of Vettel came out.Same about Daniel being beaten this year.

My claims are my opinion, whenever there is not a source taged along with them.. nothing more, nothing less.
Call it what you like... I disagree on Daniel with you.

I'd pay good money to see that man race in a Williams.
I believe that Daniel is a superb driver.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
phatjack 10 January, 2019 22:46
Quote:
andy si
Quote:
Mehryar
Andy, what you claim is backed by any source, not even Daniel himself claimed such a thing, not even pointing it out about less equality.
So as long as there's no story comming out, that's putely an excuse from his fans & well that's fine.

If you're into believing such stories, then maybe you need to believe Vettel story too that he needs to finish lower than a certain position in championship and not win a single race to break his contract & don't pay for it.That was a rumor back in that time.

But I have an easier way of looking at these things:
Daniel beat Seb...Max beat Daniel...easy.

Years have gone by & no proof of Vettel came out.Same about Daniel being beaten this year.

My claims are my opinion, whenever there is not a source taged along with them.. nothing more, nothing less.
Call it what you like... I disagree on Daniel with you.

I'd pay good money to see that man race in a Williams.
I believe that Daniel is a superb driver.

William's driver line-up according to some opinions is far from perfect. So I would venture a guess a Honey Badger or a Verstappen would be a step up. Lewis driving for WIlliam's would be like having a reverse orgasm.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 22:46 by phatjack.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
ihme 11 January, 2019 12:06
If these people think that about our 2019 lineup then I'd like to know their opinion about the 2018 one grinning smiley

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Ozzy Osbone 11 January, 2019 20:06
I think these one season comparisons are largely useless. RIK beat VET, a 4 time WDC so that means he's better and VER beat RIK so that means he's even better. There is more to it than that. My own feeling is that RBR are fully invested in VER and that told it's own story. They will do anything not to lose him. RIK may have had a bad run. It happens. Even to HAM, remember? It's maybe even a transitional step from being a super fast and odd race winner to a proper F1 legend.

I think RIK has all the speed and all the maturity and all the mental strength to be WDC in the right car.

It is certainly going to be a very interesting season. VET / LEC. VER / GAS. Team vs. team. Can RBR build a car that's right up there? Can Renault find something extra and get right into the fight? Will HUL finally get that podium?

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
phatjack 11 January, 2019 22:18
Quote:
ihme
If these people think that about our 2019 lineup then I'd like to know their opinion about the 2018 one grinning smiley

I think those people see this years WIlliam's line-up as a wet behind the ear rookie combined with feel good story.

Which is an improvement over last year, feel good story aside. grinning smiley



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2019 22:19 by phatjack.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Gunk 12 January, 2019 14:57
Quote:
Ozzy Osbone

It is certainly going to be a very interesting season. VET / LEC. VER / GAS. Team vs. team. Can RBR build a car that's right up there? Can Renault find something extra and get right into the fight? Will HUL finally get that podium?

thumbs down

Hulk getting a podium depends upon Renault getting into the top 3 and probably out-developing Honda too . . . the last two or three years hasn't seen more than one midfield podium a season . . . I can only remember Perez and Stroll in last 2 years . . . maybe Bottas in 2016?

If LeClerc starts as he finished in 2018 and there are no team orders at Ferrari then Vettel will have a tough year with lots of hissy fits. That will be fun.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Ozzy Osbone 13 January, 2019 05:07
Yeah. LeClerc is the one to watch. I think he's a natural champion. I think this is the most exciting story of 2019. Not so much how he does against VET but how he does against HAM.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 28 January, 2019 03:54
A lot of high up people in the know are saying Nico Hulkenberg is one of the best drivers on the grid and if he was in a Mercedes or Ferrari he would win instantly.

Hulkenberg is one of the best so imagine how good Ricciardo is if he can actually beat Hulk in the WDC.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Mehryar 28 January, 2019 09:00
Well there are alot of drivers who can win instantly in a Ferrari or Mercedes, it doesn't prove anything.
Dan needs to beat Hulk cause in '18 he was destroyed badly by Max.Another season of being beaten by his team mate would send him straight into class B drivers.



http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1095/mehryarsigyo7.gif

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 06 February, 2019 13:30
I'm actually pretty confident Dan will beat Hulk in qually this year and Dan will also finish ahead of Hulk in the WDC this year......I'm pretty sure this will happen.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
SydneyF1Fan 11 February, 2019 02:18
I hope Dan beats Hulk, but far from confident he will at this stage given Hulk's reputation and performance in the WDC "B" series.

It will definitely be a disaster for RIC's career if he doesn't beat him convincingly, although he is undoubtedly a top driver.

Good interview of RIC with Natalie Pinkham if you haven't heard it:

[play.acast.com]


RIC hinted that he had a lot of car issues during qualifying last season that prevented him showing his true form against Max. He was graceful in acknowledging Max's raw speed, but I think it would have been a lot closer than the history books show if they both had better reliability.

He's sounding confident about his decision to move and thinks that Merc/Ferrari will continue to dominate for the next two years.

Will be interesting to see if RBR can fightback with the Honda engine this season. My prediction is that it will be fast, but unreliable, so they'll have to turn the wick down to survive the season. Either that or RBR will be prepared to sacrifice engines this season to allow Honda to push through more developments and upgrades as an investment for a full fightback in 2020.



http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 11 February, 2019 07:45
Quote:
SydneyF1Fan
I hope Dan beats Hulk, but far from confident he will at this stage given Hulk's reputation and performance in the WDC "B" series.
It will definitely be a disaster for RIC's career if he doesn't beat him convincingly, although he is undoubtedly a top driver.

Good interview of RIC with Natalie Pinkham if you haven't heard it:

[play.acast.com]


RIC hinted that he had a lot of car issues during qualifying last season that prevented him showing his true form against Max. He was graceful in acknowledging Max's raw speed, but I think it would have been a lot closer than the history books show if they both had better reliability.

He's sounding confident about his decision to move and thinks that Merc/Ferrari will continue to dominate for the next two years.

Will be interesting to see if RBR can fightback with the Honda engine this season. My prediction is that it will be fast, but unreliable, so they'll have to turn the wick down to survive the season. Either that or RBR will be prepared to sacrifice engines this season to allow Honda to push through more developments and upgrades as an investment for a full fightback in 2020.

I look at it like this Syd, if Ricciardo beat Vettel over a season in the same car he sure can beat Hulk over a season in the same car, Because I rate Vettel to be a bit better than Hulk and Ricciardo beat Vettel.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 11 February, 2019 07:57
So Syd Ricciardo should not have any problem beating Hulk unless Hulk is better than Vettel.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Anderis 11 February, 2019 08:47
It doesn't work this way. See Villeneuve, Hill and Frentzen in the late 90-ties.

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
SydneyF1Fan 11 February, 2019 23:24
Quote:
Williams-123
I look at it like this Syd, if Ricciardo beat Vettel over a season in the same car he sure can beat Hulk over a season in the same car, Because I rate Vettel to be a bit better than Hulk and Ricciardo beat Vettel.

Don't think it's quite that simple, Whitey. Sure Ric beat Seb, but Seb had just come off 4x WDC and car wasn't to his liking that season, whereas Ric could handle it. He probably lost interest once Ferrari deal was sealed and had his mind on other things.

Will be fascinating to watch how it pans out from here. I think VET will lift his game with LEC as a team mate, but I predict it will all end in tears when VET is shown up!!



http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
phatjack 11 February, 2019 23:53
Leclerc spanks Vettel, Verstappen spanked Ric ... Webber now does commentary like Coulthard ... who needs reality TV?

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
SydneyF1Fan 12 February, 2019 01:55
Quote:
phatjack
Leclerc spanks Vettel, Verstappen spanked Ric ... Webber now does commentary like Coulthard ... who needs reality TV?

Sounds like you love a good spanking, phat.



http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SydneyF1Fan/SydneyF1FanSignatureWinner-v3.gif

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 12 February, 2019 03:10
Phat likes Spank....Spank....Spank....(Sm155)....Like Max Mosley....Hahaha

Phatjack = Max Mosley

Spank Spank from 5 hookers Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
Williams-123 12 February, 2019 03:14
Quote:
phatjack
Leclerc spanks Vettel, Verstappen spanked Ric ... Webber now does commentary like Coulthard ... who needs reality TV?

Bend over Max Mosley...I mean phatjack.

Spank Spank Spank (Sm155)

Hahahahahaha!!!

Re: Ricciardo masterstroke
ihme 12 February, 2019 10:37
In 2019, Red Bull loses his senior driver with Daniel Ricciardo. The Australian, who has been racing for Red Bull Racing since 2014 and two years before for Toro Rosso, is joining the Renault factory team this season. His successor Pierre Gasly has just over a season of experience in the premier class, and Max Verstappen is still just 21 years old. On the development side, a disadvantage for Red Bull?

"I do not think so," explains team boss Christian Horner, who sees Verstappen in this regard as a big plus. "Max knows what he wants from the car and his feedback is very clear," reveals Horner, adding, "Behind the scenes, he works very hard." The Dutchman spent "hours" in the simulator - and had Ricciardo in this regard anyway something ahead. "Daniel did not like this part of working with the engineers," Horner reveals with regard to the services in the simulator. Verstappen's attitude to work is very different. She was "very similar" to the attitude that Sebastian Vettel showed at his time at Red Bull . "He is constantly on the lookout for details," Horner describes a commonality between Verstappen and Vettel.

For this reason, no one at Red Bull fear that the team without Ricciardo 2019 "get somewhere less clues, data or information". And Verstappen does not have to work for two this year anyway. Because then there is also Pierre Gasly, who will certainly not sit on his lazy skin in his first Red Bull year ...

[www.motorsport-total.com]

Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net